This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[App v0.1.0] Heating Schedule - App can only me sideloaded (no SDK2 yet)

Comments

• Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited October 2017
    No, the Heating Schedule can not be used for this. The heating schedule app looks for devices that have a "Target Temperature" capibility.   If yo uare using other devices as temerature sensor, and an on/off switch to turn on the heating or not, you would have to make this with flows..

This all isn't too hard.
    Make a new variable for target temperature[better logic app]     And a flow,   
    every 5 mins            IF: temp from fibaro is lesser than target temperature            Turn coil on
                                                                                                                                                         else
                                                                                                                                                  Turn coil off
  • have the development of Heating Scheduled stopped, as it's not on Github or app store anymore?
  • Any news on why this is removed?
  • I'm very interested in this app, but indeed, I can't find it anymore in the appstore. Any news on this @CodeKing or @Priknr1? I'm tired to create a bunch of flows for my thermostat.
  • Gerco90 said:
    I'm very interested in this app, but indeed, I can't find it anymore in the appstore. Any news on this @CodeKing or @Priknr1? I'm tired to create a bunch of flows for my thermostat.
    I stopped using this app LONG ago, and I just checked, I dont have any github repostitry stored locally, not can I find it anywhere on github. SO I cant help you with it, sorry.
  • please mail support@athom.com for more info. 
  • mruiter said:
    please mail support@athom.com for more info. 
     @mruiter, do you mean I have to mail support@athom.com for more info? For a request to develop a scedule for thermostats or ..?
  • ANy info i guess on why the app has been removed... But maybee they can still unclose the source code thats hopefully hanging in the appstore so other devs can pick up.
    I also wonder why they did not ask any devs to take over the app  ??
  • I still have the 1.0.1 version running on my homey,perhaps there is a possibility to grab the app from my homey i do not know but i am willing to expose my homey for that reason
  • The app was removed on request of the author without any reason given.

Satbopper might have the solution, but he will need to ask Athom if thats possible at all.
  • i will mail athom lets see
  • mailed support athom lets see what they say

• helaas,wie zijn weer de dupe jaja de users,werkt wel dat open source

Helaas is het niet mogelijk om de app van je Homey af te "kopieren". 

De ontwikkelaar van de app heeft aangegeven dat hij deze app niet meer ondersteund en dat deze uit de Appstore verwijderd dient te worden.
    Aangezien de app niet ons eigendom was hebben wij voldaan aan zijn aanvraag.

• satbopper said:
    helaas,wie zijn weer de dupe jaja de users,werkt wel dat open source

De ontwikkelaar van de app heeft aangegeven dat hij deze app niet meer ondersteund en dat deze uit de Appstore verwijderd dient te worden.

Jammer maar helaas. Ik hoop dat vanuit Athom hier iets voor gemaakt wordt. Dat maakt het regelen van de thermostaat een stuk gebruiksvriendelijker!
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2018
    satbopper said:
    helaas,wie zijn weer de dupe jaja de users,werkt wel dat open source

Well the answer is clear and not the fault of Athom,  the developer stopped and wanted that his code stays his property wich is a choice he can make. I thinks it's the best it's removed otherwise it would be an app without support and with 2.0 around the corner where apps need to be SDK2 it would only be a matter of time before it stopped working (thought it was a sdk 1 app)

Opensource still works, you can make everything you want for Homey and publish it in the app store or on Github for other users to profit from what you make. But when you stop, sell Homey or die somebody else needs to step in. 

Gives room for other developers or users who want to start making something for Homey (developers.athom.com) 

Modbreak:

Please continu the discussion in English because this topic is not placed in the Dutch part of the forum

Changed topic title to let users know the app is not available anymore

• Sure opensource can work but people who makes apps need to be aware that if for what reason they stop developing the app give others the opportunity to go on with the app because there are users who are running the app
    so think before you start that is my oppinion period

• satbopper said:

What Open Source license would have required Athom to remove the app from its app store?

If it was originally published under any of the common Open Source licenses (GPL, MIT, Apache), there wouldn't have been a reason to comply to a request to remove the app.

If it wasn't published with a proper Open Source license, Athom shouldn't have accepted it in the first place.

• k1sk1s Member
    Anybody know of any other heating scheduler app/ approach without creating dozens of flows?
  • @twister800
    @dbonsaksen
    @Gerco90
    @satbopper
    @k1s

Back in the days, I started to try to rebuild the heating schedule app into a wake-up light app. But stopped halway the process, since the alarms were added by athom and I didnt need it anymore.
    But! I just found a version of that somewhere, and I will try and rebuild it back into the heatingschedule app.

So I will see if I can get the app back into the appstore :)
  • That would be great @Priknr1

• much appreciated,i removed the old app recently because there was no development any more
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited April 2018
    I was able to rebuild and install on my homey.
    https://github.com/priknr1/priknr1.heatingschedule

However, this is SDK 1, and Athom does not allow "new" apps to be uploaded to the appstore if they are not SDK2.

My programming skills suck, and I have not programmed an SDK2 app yet.
    So it will be a tough one for me to crack this and rebuild it to SDK2. Will try, but if anyone feels like it, please contact me and help me rebuild :)
    https://github.com/priknr1/priknr1.heatingschedule/tree/SDK2

• Priknr1 said:
    I was able to rebuild and install on my homey.
    https://github.com/priknr1/priknr1.heatingschedule

However, this is SDK 1, and Athom does not allow "new" apps to be uploaded to the appstore if they are not SDK2.

My programming skills suck, and I have not programmed an SDK2 app yet.
    So it will be a tough one for me to crack this and rebuild it to SDK2. Will try, but if anyone feels like it, please contact me and help me rebuild :)
    Nice work @Priknr1 you're making quite some people happy! And welcome back...

And no, your programming skills do not suck, they just became rusty...
    I've forwarded your question for support to the Slack developers community ;P
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited April 2018
    Out of curiosity, I installed the App via CLI. That worked fine.

Setting a schedule and copying setting to other days works fine too. I was able to use a trigger card in a flow, and an action card in the THAN section.

What I don't see, is how I integrate my valves and thermostat....? 

Perhaps this is work in progress? 

I do see how this app would make my current flows obsolete. Looking forward to any updates! 

• What I don't see, is how I integrate my valves and 

Perhaps this is work in progress? 

I do see how this app would make my current flows obsolete. Looking forward to any updates! 
    Unfortunately this is not the latest version of the heating schedule as it was available before. 

This app works per zone I believe, and will set the setpoint to all devices in that zone. 

What I think you mean with this question is how to set the thermostats seperately? Would be possible when the app is re-programmed.  but the rebuild to sdk2 first
  • OK. Thanks for the answer!
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Eternity said:
    OK. Thanks for the answer!
    I found a newer version of my try for a wake up light, and it was based on a newer version of the heating schedule.
    So I built this one back into the heating schedule again.
    It seems to run on my homey.

This version does show the devices that are found in each zone.
    I only have one device per zone, so you should sideload the newer version (is now available on my github) and see if you can address the devices seperately with this version.
  • k1sk1s Member
    edited April 2018
    Priknr1 said:.... sideload the newer version ...
    Sorry for the dumb question, but how does one do that?.  (I found this thread, watched this video, installed node.js (v8.11.1), logged in to athom from windows, changed directory to C:\Users\ks\Desktop\priknr1.heatingschedule-master\priknr1.heatingschedule-master\.  Then entered athom project --install, but just got the 'We're hiring..." message, and back to the command prompt.  What am I missing.)

EDIT: I found it should be just "athom app install".  Installed successfully and now playing with it.  

Thank you!

• k1sk1s Member
    Priknr1 said:
    I only have one device per zone, so you should ...see if you can address the devices seperately with this version.

Is this what you meant?

In which case, yes it seems you can address both the main zone - it the above example 'Ground floor' and the next zone 'Storage room', and the thermostat in it.  I'll try to add my radiator valves in UFH in the same rooms tomorrow & report back

• Priknr1 said:
    @twister800
    @dbonsaksen
    @Gerco90
    @satbopper
    @k1s

Back in the days, I started to try to rebuild the heating schedule app into a wake-up light app. But stopped halway the process, since the alarms were added by athom and I didnt need it anymore.
    But! I just found a version of that somewhere, and I will try and rebuild it back into the heatingschedule app.

So I will see if I can get the app back into the appstore :)

That is good news @Priknr1! I'm hoping you will be able to release it back into the appstore. Thank you!