This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Smartphone App (Preview)

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi there,

Mark     
    Welcome :) 
    Dashboarding just like widgets is on the roadmap and maybe we see some soon in the 2.0 app but in the meantime there is Homeydash (search on the forum/app store) and lot's of f apps like virtual devices / better logic wich can handle as a one button on your dashboard. 
  • edited January 2018
    (sorry, didn't see there was a next page already, stupid small phone screens xD)

@Computerblues for the dashboard thing you might want to take a look at HomeyDash (as long as Athom doesn't provide a native feature for it). A very cool (work in progress) but nice dashboarding feature build by the community.
  • Hi there,

I have installed the Homey (Preview) app and it looks pretty impressive. Found myself one of the last Homey's available earlier this week and switched over from Domoticz in an afternoon, so that wasn't too bad. The really HUGE thing I miss, compared to Domotiocz is the Dashboard, where I can choose what to show. Even when the actual design of the Domoticz dashboard is mediocre at best, it is very useful, especially with non tech users in the house. They want buttuns for actions and forget about the rest. It's absolutely no use displaying endless lists of hardware, especially when most of the interaction is through Virtual Devices coupled with a flow of some sort. 

When using manual switching, it's vital to have a comprehensive dashboard, preferably one where you can adjust the design/order of the switches and sensor readouts.

Ideally, I would say something like the Windows 10 Mobile interface would be absolutely killer, as it gives you the chance to customize the content of the screen to your preferences and it allows maximum usage of the scarce real estate on a mobile screen.

I recently switched from Windows Mobile 10 to Android (only because no new phones are coming out) and the first thing I installed was the SquareHome2 launcher, which is a perfect example of how the Windows Mobile interface can effectively be used on Android. It has even more options for customizing than the Windows Mobile and works with live tiles... Something like that for a Homey dashboard would be absolutely fantastic en very, very useful! 

I have been reading about the new app and the Mobile first mantra. I would strongly suggest not to send the desktop version to oblivion. For operating Homey switches and actions and occasional quick adjustment to a flow or setting, Mobile will do, but for serious configuration and composing elaborate flows, nothing beats a good old large screen, keyboard and  mouse.

Keep up the good work!

Mark     
    try installing homeydash, but for the large part I do agree. The computer nerds here at these forums take things sometimes way to far for the few that are not so technical. I do like like homey as one of the first users but the lack of a decent interface is the thing I have been complaining about from the beginning.
  • When are there plans to allow tablets to download the preview? (I bought a new tablet - samsung galaxy s2) specifically to be wall mounted to control homey and our house. preview isnt compatible.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited January 2018
    Traveler said:
    When are there plans to allow tablets to download the preview? (I bought a new tablet - samsung galaxy s2) specifically to be wall mounted to control homey and our house. preview isnt compatible.
    As mentioned in the start post after all the functionality and design is ready, so expect it with the stable release but no ETA for that. Always first investigate before buying, keeps you away from surprises :) In the meantime you can use Homeydash, search on the forum/app store for it :) 
  • And here a video from the ces and the homey with Stefan:
    https://www.facebook.com/NovelT.online/videos/1397182947075861/
  • RexRex Member
    Off topic?
  • Traveler said:
    When are there plans to allow tablets to download the preview? (I bought a new tablet - samsung galaxy s2) specifically to be wall mounted to control homey and our house. preview isnt compatible.
    As mentioned in the start post after all the functionality and design is ready, so expect it with the stable release but no ETA for that. Always first investigate before buying, keeps you away from surprises :) In the meantime you can use Homeydash, search on the forum/app store for it :) 
    That's fine, I expected it not to work. I do however that it'll be supported after the "We're going mobile".
  • gldrenthe89gldrenthe89 Member
    edited January 2018
    Any ETA on the new design to test in TestFlight? <span>:blush:</span>

Also any eta on GPS location in V2?
  • Any ETA on the new design to test in TestFlight? <span>:blush:</span>

No ETA's, Athom will let everybody know more in the bi-weekly software updates :)
  • Any ETA on the new design to test in TestFlight? <span>:blush:</span>

No ETA's, Athom will let everybody know more in the bi-weekly software updates :)
    Thanks,

Hope they release it soon. Can't wait <span>:blush:</span>
  • Will it also be possible to use the new Homey app in landscape mode? Because this will be a must for the wall mounted tablets. And of course a customisable dashboard like homeyda.sh should be one of the function
  • Are you able to confirm my request for the beta version of the iOS app? Thank you.
  • Are you able to confirm my request for the beta version of the iOS app? Thank you.
    Who are u asking this?
    Cannot find any request btw.
    Who are u asking this?

I am asking this to the developer who has access to the beta invite requests. I spoke to Bram through the ticket support (5907) and he told me that he was going to contact you about my invite request.
    Who are u asking this?

I am asking this to the developer who has access to the beta invite requests. I spoke to Bram through the ticket support (5907) and he told me that he was going to contact you about my invite request.
    That developer isn't actively monitoring here... 
    Mention Bram to let him ask the dev. 
    See point 9 https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3728/welcome-to-the-forum#latest
    Or use slack or GitHub for direct contract.
    Who are u asking this?

That developer isn't actively monitoring here... 
    Mention Bram to let him ask the dev. 
    See point 9 https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3728/welcome-to-the-forum#latest
    Or use slack or GitHub for direct contract.
    I already asked Bram through this email for support. I assumed that the developer was also active on this forum.. 
  • JPeJPe Member
    @martijn1980 ;   You should use @Bram like mentioned in point 8 of the welcome-to-the-forum:
    8. If you want me to read along, mention me in your post (@Bram), or one of the moderators  or:
    9. When you need direct support from Athom, mail to support@athom.com.
  • Any updates regarding the new iPhone update? @Bram
  • Any updates regarding the new iPhone update? @Bram
    No update upcoming but Athom will take a look later today at the list that wants access to the BETA
  • Hello,

Don't know if the question is already asked but i couldn't find it.
    With the new app coming, is there a possibility to restrict certain users (like my wife and children)?
    For example, i don't want that they are able to create flows but only can turn on/off devices like with the current app.

Best regards,

Arthur
  • Hello,

With the new app coming, is there a possibility to restrict certain users (like my wife and children)?
    For example, i don't want that they are able to create flows but only can turn on/off devices like with the current app.

Best regards,

Arthur
    User management is on the roadmap for 2.0 or later is the latest information as i know
  •  @Bram I want access to the BETA :) 
  • @Bram how can we participate in the bèta program for the smartphone app? Already subscribed at Google Play, will I receive the new app when published or is there another program which I can join?
  • There was a small error in the application script which caused that a lot of people did not get accepted yet for the beta. We are currently working on this.
  • Vleege said:
    @Bram how can we participate in the bèta program for the smartphone app? Already subscribed at Google Play, will I receive the new app when published or is there another program which I can join?

Hi Vleege,  go to Google Play and search for "Homey (Preview)"
  • Hello,

Best regards,

Arthur
    User management is on the roadmap for 2.0 or later is the latest information as i know

I have same problem with preview that other users are messing around in the flows. So please add this as soon as possible.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited February 2018
    After update RC11 this night, the time of my Homey runs an hour behind, do more people have this?
    sorry wrong item