This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2018
    This looks very good!

Would you consider putting in another column in the log which indicates which room that alarm is for? Because right now, I have several lines saying: PIR: Motion detected. And I cant tell which of my sensors it is.

I'm not sure, I understand your question and have thought about this before but since devices can be in nested zones it can lead to the question of adding all (possible) tiers. Think about a hallway for example, I've got that one on 3 higher levels, Ground Floor, 1st Floor and Attic. Maybe in the long run but I haven't decided yet so for now I'm not making promises.
  • cautje said:
    Hi, is is posible to ad Dutch sound cards? Homey on Dutch pronounced armed and disarmed on a strange way.
    THX!!!
    @cautje this should be fixed in 0.1.6 can you please test and let me know if this works as desired?

• Great, great job Danee!

Is it possible to add a time-out on the second activation of the (delayed) trigger? I have a motion sensor and door sensor in the same spot which I've added with a delay. When I open the door, both trigger the flowcard and I get the same warning sound played twice. 
    @DieterKoblenz this should be fixed in 0.1.6 can you please test and let me know if this works as desired?

• cautje said:
    Hi, is is posible to ad Dutch sound cards? Homey on Dutch pronounced armed and disarmed on a strange way.
    THX!!!
    @cautje this should be fixed in 0.1.6 can you please test and let me know if this works as desired?

@DaneeDeKruyff
    Yes! Super, It works!
    This is the number one App on Homey. THX!!! 
  • Thank you!
  • @DaneeDeKruyff
    Great app!
    Used this afternoon for some testing in combination with Neocam Motion-sensor.
    While testing I found out that when the motion-sensor activated the alarm-state, and I deactivate the alarm, there will be no new alarm when a new motion is detected. In the logging I see:

28-01-2018  16:57:57.302  Geactiveerd  Heimdall  Alarm is geactiveerd.Bewegingssensor woonkamer: Beweging gedetecteerd
    28-01-2018 16:57:57.283  Geactiveerd  Heimdall  Bewegingssensor woonkamer motion activeerde Alarm.
    28-01-2018  16:58:23.949  Geactiveerd  Alarm Off Button  Alarm is gedeactiveerd.

And after deactivating the alarm, the new log:
    28-01-201816:58:33.895  Geactiveerd  Heimdall  Bewegingssensor woonkamer: Beweging gedetecteerd, no alarm trigger due to running delay countdown

When I restart the Heimdall-app, the alarm-state is activated by a new motion. When I won't restart the app, this is not happening.

Is this a normal thing, or is this a bug?

Keep up the great work!!
    edited January 2018
    That may be a bug, the new motion is detected but cancelled because Heimdall says there is Delay countdown active. I'll look into it.

(Created a github issue for it: https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/8)
  • That may be a bug, the new motion is detected but cancelled because Heimdall says there is Delay countdown active. I'll look into it.

(Created a github issue for it: https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/8)
    I seem to have the same problem. The Alarm will never be activated:

Motion detected, no alarm trigger due to running delay countdown

• Sorry, it's indeed a bug I introduced in 0.1.6.

I've fixed it and submitted a new version to the App Store for approval, we will have to wait for someone at Athom to approve it.
  • quakerixquakerix Member
    edited January 2018
    Other question;

I would like to delay the alarm when being enabled. The checkbox in the settings page seems to be the perfect solution.

But; if I set that checkbox to true. And I have the following scenario:

1. Switch enables the Alarm
    2. Heimdall is counting down from 30 to 0
    3. At x-seconds, during the countdown, i decide to cancel the procedure because I forgot my phone. 

Currently (and correct me if i'm wrong), i'm unable to cancel the countdown procedure. I need to wait until the 30s have passed and then disable the alarm. That's not ideal, so that makes in my situation the checkbox useless. 

How I would solve it (if this wouldn't be native be resolved) is starting a Countdown timer that I'm able to cancel.

I just started using your app. So I might be wrong about this scenario. Great work btw. If i get everything up & running. I'll do a donation.
    edited January 2018
    That should not be a problem, try the following:

1. Use the Surveillance Mode Switch to set the state to Armed (or Partially Armed)
    2. Heimdall starts the Delayed Arming
    3. Use the Surveillance Mode Switch to set the state to Disarmed (at any time before the countdown is over)

For me that produces the following in my history and the Surveillance Mode remains Disarmed.

Next version will show this like this in the history:

• quakerixquakerix Member
    edited January 2018
    That should not be a problem, try the following:

1. Use the Surveillance Mode Switch to set the state to Armed (or Partially Armed)
    2. Heimdall starts the Delayed Arming
    3. Use the Surveillance Mode Switch to set the state to Disarmed (at any time before the countdown is over)

For me that produces the following in my history and the Surveillance Mode remains Disarmed.

Next version will show this like this in the history:

But the Mode switch isn't set to Armed yet during the countdown.

So what you are saying is that when I set it Disarmed while its Disarmed. It kills the trigger?

The problem with that in my set-up is that I have a physical switch to enable/disable the Alarm. And I need to have the button ( a NEO touch switch ) in sync with the S Mode. If I do that in flows, it will create a loop.

So in order to prevent the loop, I check before switching of the alarm whether its on in the first place. And when turning it on whether it was off. That if-statement prevents a loop. But also prevents the situation in which i can switch Off while its already Disarmed.
    edited January 2018
    @quakerix, from your previous post I didn't understand you're not using the build in Surveillance Mode switch. I think you're running into the same issue I had when I used the build in Home Security Device class, that one does not support a arming delay. What I did with creating my own device is that I decoupled the actual Surveillance Mode from the Displayed Mode on the device.
    I think I have a solution for your problem but I'm not 100% sure how you build your flows,  so can you please post some screenshots of them here so I can help you better.
  • First off: thanks DaneeDeKruyff!
    I've installed Heimdall, added Surveillance device, added Alarm device.
    I added a motionsensor to Full surveillance mode.

Then, i created a flow:
    Next, I triggered Armed in Surveillance device.
    I then triggered the motion sensor, and the flow was executed perfectly.
    I then disabled the alarm via the alarm device.

unfortunately, now it doesnt work anymore.
    for some reason, i see the following message (motion detected, no alarm trigger due to running delay countdown):

any advice is welcome...
  • That's a bug: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/66776/#Comment_66776 Confirmed and a fixed version that is awaiting approval by Athom. I've asked @bram if he can get someone to look at the submission so it will be approved soon.

Btw, if I were you I would change the flow you posted, the 'The motion alarm is on' condition card is not needed, when you would add more sensors it can cause problems. 
    Also, the 'Activate Alarm Action' card is not needed, as the Alarm is already activated when that flow is triggered by the 'The alarm is activated.' card.
  • asking bram takes a few days most of the time
    edited January 2018
    New version with fix is approved and published.

Version 0.1.7

*Heimdall is prepared, it is not yet implemented in the Homeykit app.

In this release there are also some other goodies: 

@quakerix @mistaoutlaw @mruiter
  • @DaneeDeKruyff great stuff!
    works like a charm!
    can you PM me your bank account?
    I'd rather donate the 49 cent Paypal trx fee to you!
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited January 2018
    great work , love it.
    and if you use a paypal.me adres you dont have any trx fee
  • Thanks guys, there is ineede  a paypal.me button on the app page.
  • Just updated and tested the new version: works perfect now.
    The extra Homey audio-feature is perfect.
    Keep up the good work! I will donate a big beer to you!
  • Thanks Wesley, much appreciated!
  • Found a typo :)

Also, it seems like my loadavg shoots through the roof (goes from ~0.4 to ~3) when the settings page is open.
    Am I the only one?
  • Thanks!

I can't say I see an impact on the loadavg myself, but I've cleared my history yesterday and only log when in Armed mode so not much entries yet. I can imagine having a large history can put some load on Homey when you're in the settings page as that is retrieved every second. 
  • I had a cc linked to paypal. Now I linked a bank account which doesnt imvolve trx fees.
    so you can have your beer @DaneeDeKruyff

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks!

I can't say I see an impact on the loadavg myself, but I've cleared my history yesterday and only log when in Armed mode so not much entries yet. I can imagine having a large history can put some load on Homey when you're in the settings page as that is retrieved every second. 
    Same settings here, so I guess that can't be the problem :)

[edit]
    Did some more testing, the high load is indeed caused by the automatic refresh, even when the state is disarmed and no new entries are being logged.
    When I disable the automatic refresh the loadavg slowly goes back to ~0.3

[edit2]
    After removing the history enabling auto refresh doesn't change the loadavg anymore.
    Maybe there's another way to do the refresh which doesn't stress the cpu as much?
    Or make it so that we can input the refresh interval ourselves to set it to 5 or 10 sec?
    edited January 2018
    @mistaoutlaw Thanks!

@Fire69 I’ll look into it, created an issue for it on Github: https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/9
  • @DaneeDeKruyff
    Hi Danee, why is ther in the logging so much "Geen beweging gedetecteerd"
    Is the Philio calling this so much to homey or does Heimdall is asking the status?
    THX!

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2018
    i see the same on my aeotec motion sensors. maybee its triggerd by temp lux or uv being reported in but then doesnt trigger because it isnt motion.
    But less on fibaro and neo
  • cautje said:
    @DaneeDeKruyff
    Hi Danee, why is ther in the logging so much "Geen beweging gedetecteerd"
    Is the Philio calling this so much to homey or does Heimdall is asking the status?
    THX!

That's indeed the sensor sending the status, I've seen that too on Aeotec sensors as @mruiter mentioned.
    You can use the Do not log deactivating of sensors setting to keep your history clean.

This discussion has been closed.