This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• Hi @DaneeDeKruyff

Sorry, maybe a stupid question. But when i add a Surveillance Device for a sub Zone, is the App Monitoring only from here:
    - House
    - - First Floor
    - - - Guest Room
    - - Second Floor

When i have a Device into First Floor, is monitoring only First Floor and Guest Room, or the whole House?

Tnx
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi @viktor

The app will monitor your devices regardless of the zones. The zone is included in the devices list to help you identify your sensors.
  • Hi @DaneeDeKruyff ; and tnx for the answer.
  • Version 0.1.1 Beta is published
    It contains some code cleanup, no functional changes.
  • Hi @DaneeDeKruyff
    Is it possible to set something like that: when "Alarm is turned off" and "Armed xy", then "yz"?
    Tnx
    edited January 2018
    New version published:

Version 0.1.2

• viktor said:
    Hi @DaneeDeKruyff
    Is it possible to set something like that: when "Alarm is turned off" and "Armed xy", then "yz"?
    Tnx
    There is no trigger card for The alarm is turned off that at the moment, I'll put it on the list.
  • Tnx
  • New version pending approval by Athom:

Version 0.1.3

• Improved History view
    • Improved translations

In this version the History view is a table instead of the textbox:

• The update is approved!

Next will be the option to enable colors in the history:

and the The alarm is deactivated will be added (@viktor)

• First of all, great app. I'm currently working on integrating the heimdall devices into homekit to be able to arm and disarm and reset the alarm from homekit. I have 2 questions
    • Are you planning to make the Heimdall surveillanceModeSwitch device of type homealarm instead of other?
    • Could you maybe add the alarm_tamper capability to the surveillanceModeSwitch device and trigger this together with the alarm_heimdall capability
    edited January 2018
    @Niek Thanks. 
    • At first the Surveillance Mode Switch was the homealarm type and inherited all capabilities belonging to that type. When I build the support for Delayed Triggers and the opportunity to have a delay when enabling a Surveillance Mode it conflicted because the default flow cards triggered immediately regardless the desired delay. Thats why I switched to the type other and only added the flow cards I wanted.
    • Adding alarm_tamper to the Surveillance Mode Switch doesn't sound like a good idea to me as that switch is meant to control the Surveillance Modes and not the Alarm State. I can look into adding it to the Alarm Off Button as that is the one that reflects the Alarm State but I'm not sure that's the way to go either. 

What do you want to achieve with your requests? If that's more clear to me I can perhaps discuss it with @swttt to see what would be the best/easiest way to get it working.

Edit: I see now that you're contributing to the Homekit app :)
  • I see. I wanted to map the surveillance mode switch device in homey to the security system service in homekit. In homekit this service has the ability to switch between 4 states (home / away / night and off). I have mapped the last 3 to armed / partially armed and disarmed states of the surveillance mode switch. So now I can switch the heimdall state from homekit. This works already.

The security system homekit service also has the capability to reflect the alarm state by setting the state of the security system to alarm_triggered. But for this to work the surveillance mode switch device has to have a capability that reflects the alarm state. As the standard homealarm device has the capability alam_tamper I thought this might be the way to go.

The homealarm type is not a problem, I can work around that.
  • Great you have the mode selection working already! 

Does the alarm state have to come from the same device as the mode selection?

The reason I don't want to add the alarm_tamper to the Surveillance Mode Switch is because it would show up on the device card and would be confusing. I don't think it's possible to add a capability to a device and keep it hidden from the interface.
  • Can all users that are still running the Alpha version (26) please switch over to the Beta version?

In order to get Heimdall working with Homekit I want to push a new Alpha version for @Niek to test with and it may break stuff.

Thanks!
    edited January 2018
    New version pending approval by Athom:

Version 0.1.4

• Added colours to History view
    • Added 'The alarm is deactivated' flow card
    • More translations

New flow trigger card:

The Source tag holds the way the alarm is deactivated, either via a flow or the Alarm Off Button
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited January 2018
    Great, great job Danee!

Is it possible to add a time-out on the second activation of the (delayed) trigger? I have a motion sensor and door sensor in the same spot which I've added with a delay. When I open the door, both trigger the flowcard and I get the same warning sound played twice. 
  • Tnx for the "The alarm is deactivated"
  • Hi, is is posible to ad Dutch sound cards? Homey on Dutch pronounced armed and disarmed on a strange way.
    THX!!!
    edited January 2018
    Great, great job Danee!

Is it possible to add a time-out on the second activation of the (delayed) trigger? I have a motion sensor and door sensor in the same spot which I've added with a delay. When I open the door, both trigger the flowcard and I get the same warning sound played twice. 
    Thanks! I think that should be possible for when a Delayed Timer is counting down and another sensor with a delay is tripped it will ignore the second one, will have to be careful not to create undesired side affects because a tripped sensor will be ignored. I'll put it on the list.
    Could you post a screenshot of the flow that plays the warning sound so I can recreate your flow for testing?

(btw, created a github issue for it: https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/5)
  • viktor said:
    Tnx for the "The alarm is deactivated"
    You're welcome.
  • cautje said:
    Hi, is is posible to ad Dutch sound cards? Homey on Dutch pronounced armed and disarmed on a strange way.
    THX!!!
    I'm still working on translating everything to Dutch, can you please post a screenshot of your flow so I know where to look?
    Thanks.
  • New version is approved and available in the app store:

Version 0.1.4

• Added colors to History view
    • Added 'The alarm is deactivated' flow card
    • More translations

New flow trigger card:

The Source tag holds the way the alarm is deactivated, either via a flow or the Alarm Off Button
    edited January 2018
    cautje said:
    Sure
    THX!!!

Thanks @cautje the fix will be in 0.1.6 (0.1.5 will be skipped) 
    I'm finalising translations and hope to have all done for 0.1.6, if you come across any English texts while having your Homey set to Dutch, please let me know.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited January 2018
    Maybee nice to have de option to enable/disable a  beep beep beep beep or countdown from number of timeout for the trigger on or off.
    Also saves a few flows :)

Love the app already btw 

Would be nice to have smoke / co2 sensors also in the list. So fire will also trigger a alarm
    I read you would like to know the reasons.. Well first.. All alarm systems have inputs for the CO/2 Fire and heat.
    Second is that fire is also a "house" alarm state . WOuld be nice if we know if someone wants to get in but also when the house is being on fire inside .

Maybee also sirens to the trigger direct from app ?

The less flows the more appvalue... (Which offcourse is already extremly high ;) )
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Marco, 
    The code that does the countdown during a delayed trigger/delayed arming is there so it shouldn't be to hard to create something audible through Homey. I'll put it on the list.

(Created a github issue for it: https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/6)

Adding Smoke/CO/heat/water etc. is already on the list to look into, but at a lower priority as I want to bring this out of Beta first and then look at the other stuff.

• Dear Danee,

Beautifull app, works perfect. I also support the request tot include other type of sensors, but understand that your priority is to bring the app out of beta first.

Something else I would like to be included (but which might not be within your power) is to be able to set the smartphone to make a noise or start vibrating so that you are actively alerted when you are away from home.

I managed to find a workaround by installing an android app called Light Flow that manages notifications received by the android smartphone and set actions accordingly. In my push notification I have put the word "Alarm" and Light Flow checks the Homey notifications for that specific word and then, according to your settings, starts making the selected noise or vibration.

For the time being, till Homey includes this possibility into their smartpone app, other users might like this workaround as well.

Yours,

Guus Bruins
    edited January 2018
    New version just approved:

Version 0.1.6

Version 0.1.5 is skipped, private Alpha to test Homeykit compatibility, result will be included in a future version.

Next on the Roadmap is Speech Output.

• This looks very good!

Would you consider putting in another column in the log which indicates which room that alarm is for? Because right now, I have several lines saying: PIR: Motion detected. And I cant tell which of my sensors it is.

This discussion has been closed.