This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Bounty : sending audio to DLNA/uPNP players

bvdbosbvdbos Member
edited January 2017 in Apps
I really want to hear my music, stored on Synology, send to different devices in my home through Homey. I have about 10 dlna players at home, four of which also act as a server... So I want to setup a bounty program (actually multiple)...

1) Plex or Squeezebox on Synology
* 50 euro to be able to stream music to my dlna-players with synology-on-plex (I guess I need a plex-pass then?)
or
* 50 euro to be able to stream music to my dlna-players with Logitech Media Server on Synology (Squeezebox-app)

2) Synology audio station
* 50 euro for the one who makes it possible to get the players as devices using the synology-interface
* 100 euro extra if we can actually send playlists to the devices so if this actually works...
* 100 euro extra if there's a complete app with voice-control to send playlists to specified devices

3) dlna/upnp
* 100 euro who gets this done through dlna/upnp so without logging in to synology audiostation
* 200 euro extra for an app which can send a playlist/songs or a song to a device
* 100 euro extra if there's a complete app with voice-control to send playlists/songs to specified devices

I reserve the right to alter the remaining bounties if one of these is accomplished... Also, the bounties may be altered after media-support is added to Homey with FW1.2.x. Judging @Emile 's latest message there won't be support for synology/dlna from the beginning so we could build it ourselves... So Athom itself may also chime in... And finally, if anyone wants to join in we could raise the bounties...

edit 26-1-2017 : Added Squeezeebox-app for Logitech Mediaserver as this goal is about getting things done, not the way it's done

Comments

• reserved
  • Streaming music with Plex you don't need a plex-pass
  • Well, I don't see any of my dlna-devices in plex...
  • probeer logitech mediaserver op je synology. Dan kun je met het squeezebox(plugin) naar dlna streamen. Controle kan via Homey. 
  • I would be very much interested in DLNA app as well. I would also happily donate such a project. My needs are a bit more more basic: sending standard DLNA commands to my player (play, stop, pause, volume, source, standby)
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited January 2017
    mailnils said:
    probeer logitech mediaserver op je synology. Dan kun je met het squeezebox(plugin) naar dlna streamen. Controle kan via Homey. 
    Tried this before but didn't see any dlna-devices. Now I did, you have to turn on dlna on settings - advanced - uPnP/DLNA and tweak some settings on http-buffering. Adding devices in Homey worked but the app crashed directly after that... I'll file an issue... First goal almost met :)

Ok, disabeling and re-enabeling the app works. The devices stay online now... But controlling them doesn't work... Nor on devices, nor in flows...

Edit: flows and devices work too but app crashes a lot...  I'll contact the dev...
  • Yeees DLNA. That app is really missing. It would be really great if someone could make one app. DLNA works with most WiFi/LAN connected players. Also with IR you can`t set the volume to 50%, etc.
  • First goal almost there, with the Github Version of the squeezebox-app I can stream playlists to DLNA-devices. There's still a bug to be solved (volume in flow crashes the app) but looks like the first goal is almost done... :)

You have to install LMS on synology, turn on dlna on settings - advanced - uPnP/DLNA and tweak some settings on http-buffering.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited January 2017
  • I would be interested in a generic DLNA app. That would be able to support wide range of products.
  • hey all... how is this progressing..? I am a developer and just got a Homey unit.. want to know if this is being developed or whether I should start trying myself
  • hey all... how is this progressing..? I am a developer and just got a Homey unit.. want to know if this is being developed or whether I should start trying myself
    Hi. I'm not sure but I don't find any apps that's do the trick. So yes please start your project. We can test it if needed. Thanks

• check the AthomBv Github,  I find 3 upnp apps
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2017
    Actually there are 3 core modules, yesterday evening they launched the real initial app org.upnp on github.
    And it already worked with my heos speakers but still in development, early fase without any icons etcetera
  • Priknr1 said:
    check the AthomBv Github,  I find 3 upnp apps
    Thanks.. I am still finding my way around everything.. I have developed apps for other platforms.. I want to see what is needed so I can start learning home Homey works
  • We are already testing Some functionality and the app @caseda mentioned is a template so you can customize a app: select other icons, and for example extra functionality etc
  • honeyhoney Member
    Is this `project/idea` dead? I don`t have Bluetooth speakers and Homey`s IR is as unusable as it was a year ago.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    UPNP is working but not all devices... Controlling volume and pause/play works for most of them but I also have a philips-device which crashes the app... Delivered some devices to Athom for testing but not the priority atm.
  • It does not work here. It has only the initial comit on Github dated 3rd of May. Would anyone here be able to develop such app? I am happy to contribute.
  • Do you use Sonos, or which device do you use? It even works with bubbleupnp on my phone...
  • I have a Philips MCI900 wifi connected audio center (and it does not work). My MCI900 can communicate with any other DLNA software or mobile app. Only thing I want to do with the DLNA is to set the volume to discrete values.
  • If it is a working app why is it not published? I does not work for me either.
  • It's not a stable-enough app, like you already mention ;-)
  • So this project is dead. No progress since the initial commit and no plans. I was happy to contribute to the bounty... sad thing.
  • After installing Java and Subsonic (install though file from https://github.com/ghenry22/Subsonic_Synology/tree/master/build ) on my synology, the app https://apps.athom.com/app/io.gubb.subsonic works, playing songs through a flow :)