This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[ALPHA] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

I'm working on an app that will make it a bit easier to use your Homey as a surveillance system and I’m looking for people who are interested in testing it.

If you'd like to test, please leave a reply.

The app listens to event’s from motion- and door/window sensors, logs them and when the surveillance mode is active it will trigger the alarm. It is also possible to sent information over to the app to include it in the log.

The app has several flow cards:

Trigger card

Condition card

Action cards

Comments

• What type of home device do you requires us to have to
    be able to test??:) I have some ubiquiti surveillance cams running in my home and several FibaroHome sensors
  • I wouldn't mind testing it :)
  • @skandshus any device that reports an alarm_motion or alarm_contact to homey will do. Motion sensors like the Fibaro Motion Sensor, Aeotec MultiSensor and Xiaomi Human Body sensor etc. will do and also the Fibaro Door Sensor, Aeotec Recessed Door sensor etc will work.
    If the Ubiquiti camera's are connected to Homey and can report an alarm_motion then they will work too.

• A lot of people are waiting on this.

Would be great if it would be possible to  have:   
    - Armed / Disarmed / Sleep 
    - Groups of sensors   For example   Bedroom is immediate alarm, but hallway is after 20 seconds, so you are able to disarm
  • Sign me up for testing!
  • Priknr1 said:
    A lot of people are waiting on this.

- Groups of sensors   For example   Bedroom is immediate alarm, but hallway is after 20 seconds, so you are able to disarm
    @Priknr1

Could you elaborate on - Armed /Disarmed /Sleep and particular the Sleep part? Do you mean that in a sense Armed with people home and Armed with no-one home?

Being able to add a 'trigger' delay to selected devices seems like a good idea, I'll keep it in mind!

• @Priknr1

Could you elaborate on - Armed /Disarmed /Sleep and particular the Sleep part? Do you mean that in a sense Armed with people home and Armed with no-one home?

Being able to add a 'trigger' delay to selected devices seems like a good idea, I'll keep it in mind!
    Exactly that.

When Home, and system armed, you might want a certain zone (bedroom) to not trigger the alarm.

I think that is one reason,  and for example the hallway sensors (door or motion) is another reason to be able to define zones.

And give zones a posibility to exclude from the Armed status, or indeed in case off the hallway a delay
  • Would like to test it!
  • Ill give you a hand testing. Have tried to manage house modes and armed/disarmed through flows, and it is a bit of a hazzle.
  • I also want to help with testing your app
  • @skandshus any device that reports an alarm_motion or alarm_contact to homey will do. Motion sensors like the Fibaro Motion Sensor, Aeotec MultiSensor and Xiaomi Human Body sensor etc. will do and also the Fibaro Door Sensor, Aeotec Recessed Door sensor etc will work.
    If the Ubiquiti camera's are connected to Homey and can report an alarm_motion then they will work too.

Well I’m no programmer so somebody else will have to make it possible to connect ubiquiti cams :)

i got the fibaro motion and door sensors :)
  • Priknr1 said:

@Priknr1

Disarmed: No alarm (home / awake)
    Armed: Full alarm (Not home)
    Sleep: Only door/windowsensors (asleep)

That's how I have it (very basic) now.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited December 2017
    Fire69 said:
    Priknr1 said:

@Priknr1

Disarmed: No alarm (home / awake)
    Armed: Full alarm (Not home)
    Sleep: Only door/windowsensors (asleep)

That's how I have it (very basic) now.
    That should be possible, I'll put it on the list.
    Did you try the app yet?
  • Had a quick look; Athom has already prepared a capability armed/disarmed/partially armed 

• Sign me up, please.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2017
    Did you try the app yet?
    I installed it, but haven't had the time do to anything with it yet.  :|

Had a quick look; Athom has already prepared a capability armed/disarmed/partially armed 

And that's something you can incorporate into your app?

Had a look at it today, but to be honest, I find it a bit annoying that I have to rename my devices for this to work  :p

• Fire69 said:

And that's something you can incorporate into your app?

Had a look at it today, but to be honest, I find it a bit annoying that I have to rename my devices for this to work  :p

Yes, that is possible to incorporate. I'll have to see how to fit it in and still keep a clean and smart UX, cause another thing I'm thinking about is working with zones.

And I understand the frustration about the naming part, that's one of the reasons I am writing this app so I can get rid of that and also lose some flows, but that's the part I didn't write yet LOL.
  • DaneeDeKruyff said:
     but that's the part I didn't write yet LOL. 
     :D 

I'll wait a bit then before I rename and test, if that's ok with you?  ;)
  • No problem, but you don't have to entirely rename, just adding [H] is enough.
  • @fire69 it's gonna be something like this, the settings page will display all devices with the required capabilities and you can then use the checkboxes to include the devices you want.

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2017
    That would be perfect! ;)

I don't really mind the renaming (although I don't really like how it looks :p ) but it sets a 'dangerous' precedent.
    What if another app is developed that also needs something in the device name? :)
  • Agreed, thought about that before and made a feature request on Git to be able to add tags to devices, but it was shot down: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1917
  • Too bad...
    I downvoted his reply on Github :p
  •  :p Maybe also upvote the initial request, perhaps if enough people upvote it Emile will change his mind. 
  • Done  ;)
  • Sign me up too please
  • @DaneeDeKruyff would love to try it  :)
  • Sign me up please  :p
  • This sounds awesome! Keep up the good work! I only have one sensor so it's no meaning for me to be beta tester but I will download the app sounds very nice! 
  • I'd like to test it too please
This discussion has been closed.