This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Synology Surveillance Station for Homey

Comments

• Great, thanks! Going to try this

greetings,
    Aaron
  • I have a question about the snapshot function, i see that the app works for making a snapshot (snapshot get saved in snapshot folder on synology) but i wont execute the snapshot send via telegram.
    What am i doing wrong?

• EternityEternity Member
    edited December 2017
    Same here..... Nor can it be emailed. 

Sending a message via Telegram works, the 'send snapshot' has stopped working a while ago. The developer is aware of this.

Sending the snapshot via e-mail doesn't work either, unfortunately. 
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited December 2017
    The sending function didn't stop working, it's the "Take snapshot as token" function that doesn't work anymore as far as I know.
  • 2Be2Be Member
    edited December 2017
    Hmm sending and receiving of snapshots via Telegram and mail is working over here. Including Take snapshot as token... Am using the separate mail app however.

• 2Be said:
    Hmm sending and receiving of snapshots via Telegram and mail is working over here. Including Take snapshot as token... Am using the separate mail app however.
    Possibly you're on a different version of the Synology software or something. 
  • Haven't updated my Synology in a while indeed. Am not gonna do that now... 
  • Tested again, as I was hoping to have a miraculous recovery of the mail snapshot function..... but it still doesn't work for me...

Tested with both the Telegram and Syno App.

DS214+ with DSM v6.1.4 15217 update 2 (latest for my model)
    Homey v1.5.5
    Syno App v1.2.8
    Telegram v 0.1.5
  • It's just because of the Synology FW
  • i so want this too work, with the image grabber my Dahua camera doesn't work.
  • 2Be2Be Member
    edited December 2017
    My DS216j is on the same firmware as @Eternity and mine still works. 
    Well, I guess I am just lucky? If @jorden wants to test something he can just contact me. 
  • Which App versions and Homey firmware are you using, @2Be ?
  • 2Be2Be Member
    edited December 2017
    Homey 1.5.5 
    For the synology app I am on 1.2.8
    Must say that the email part didn't work anymore so I use the https://apps.athom.com/app/email.sender 
  • jorden said:
    It seems that with the updates of Surveillance Station and DSM, I  to now get an error in the API:
    "Need manager rights for operation"

It could be that this is due to Homey version 1.5 and a programming mistake I made. I have tried for half an hour to fix it, but didn't succeed.

I will soon try to rewrite the app for SDK 2.0 (Homey 1.5+) and will try to fix this problem that way. The API access should be faster then as well.
    Any updates on this?
    I can pitch in a few bucks to get this fixed =) 
  • Since I couldn't go to work today and had to work at home, I have put some time into this app. Also inspired by a small fix that @evad provided, thanks for that :)

The new version 1.2.9 has a bugfix for the "snapshot-to-mail"-function. I also found out why this app was no longer working for me.

Turns out, that if you added devices before version 1.2.6, they don't fully work anymore. If this happens to you, you have to delete the webcam(s), and then add them again.

The new version has been added to Github and I pushed it to the store, but it still needs to be approved.
  • I can confirm that a photo is e-mailed again.
    Thanks
  • Is the token using another code then the e-mail to contact syno API?
  • @jorden Great to hear it should be working again, the complete snapping pictures and emailing them. You mention that it's necessary to reinstall the ip-cams. Is that within the Synology Surveillance software, you mean?
  • Jon said:
    @jorden Great to hear it should be working again, the complete snapping pictures and emailing them. You mention that it's necessary to reinstall the ip-cams. Is that within the Synology Surveillance software, you mean?
    No, just within Homey and only if you added the cam before the app version of 1.2.6 (current is 1.2.9)

I made a change because it would only support 1 camera. I think most people just have 1 camera added to Surveillance Station, but the app should work now with multiple cameras. Due to the change, older device format causes troubles which I couldn't solve... 
  • JonJon Member
    edited December 2017
    Okay great. How again do I reinstall the cams ? I am searching my butt off but can't seem to find it. Thing is: when trying to install it here   (after filling the fields correctly, that is), it does not connect with my Synology:

• You need to fill in the (static) IP of your Synology, and the port (by default it is 5000, but you need to fill it in)
  • jorden said:
    You need to fill in the (static) IP of your Synology, and the port (by default it is 5000, but you need to fill it in)
    I am sure that I am entering the right credentials and all, but after hitting 'gegevens opslaan', it doesn't do anything for me...
  • I have deleted the devices (camera's) and readded them again. The mail function is working but the snapping is not working?

I have "Maak screenshot als token" and in another flow "Er is een snapshot gemaakt" with the snapshot tag dragged into Grab Image. And then another flow with "An Image was grabbed" with the image tag in the telegram card.
  • With the 'Grab Image' u need to fill in the snapshot url of ur cam. Don't know if u can drag snapshot token in there.
  • It used to work, but now I too have issues getting it to work again... I deleted the earlier working flows.

Could some kind soul post a screen shot of working flows... Thanks! 
  • @jorden Any idea how I could solve my issue? (see my screenshot and post a little bit above in this thread).
  • Jon said:
    @jorden Any idea how I could solve my issue? (see my screenshot and post a little bit above in this thread).
    I'm not sure. You might try to run the app as a developer (https://developer.athom.com/docs/apps/tutorial-Getting Started.html) but that's a lot of difficult work if it's the first time you're doing it.
    When running as a developer you can see the error messages. One of the next versions will have them shown in the window (but I don't advice you to wait for that ;))
  • E-mail a photo works for me, however I do not get the 'token' to work. Will investigate further.
  • Hi all, I bought a DS218j to manage my camera's and also because of this app. Most things I want, like detect someone and send a picture (of better video-stream) to my Android Touchscreen in my kitchen should work.

After adding this app to Homey, I have the same issue as other that I cannot link it with my NAS. I entered the local IP address, the port (5000 and tried 5001), my NAS username and password. What do I do wrong and/or is this NAS not supported?
  • Justjomi said:
    Hi all, I bought a DS218j to manage my camera's and also because of this app. Most things I want, like detect someone and send a picture (of better video-stream) to my Android Touchscreen in my kitchen should work.

After adding this app to Homey, I have the same issue as other that I cannot link it with my NAS. I entered the local IP address, the port (5000 and tried 5001), my NAS username and password. What do I do wrong and/or is this NAS not supported?
    It should work. Can you try to run the app as a developer (some knowledge about npm, git etc is required), to see what the error message is?