This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Tado thermostat

Comments

• phil_sphil_s Member
    edited November 2017
    no later than now it is time for a donation for @OpenMind_NL if not already done ;-)
    he did a great work!
  • YaotzinYaotzin Member
    edited November 2017
    Probably doing something wrong, received the update. Filled in my credentials and Secret but app doesn't move on and keeps saying that the app needs my credentials. Any thoughts? Thanks
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited November 2017
    Yaotzin said:
    Probably doing something wrong, received the update. Filled in my credentials and Secret but app doesn't move on and keeps saying that the app needs my credentials. Any thoughts? Thanks
    Did you get an auto update or did you do a fresh install?

If you had an old app-store version installed, you might try an uninstall first.
    And... be sure that you get the beta-version from the app-store!

https://apps.athom.com/app/be.geekness.tado
    In the store, under the header-image you see: beta version of this app is available. Click here to switch to this version. Use that one ;)

The app-store is a bit confusing when it comes to the tado-app.
    The stable version has problems for a lot of (if not most) people, where the beta should be considered as stable  :#
  • @OpenMind_NL, I experience the same as @Yaotzin. Also my credentials are not accepted. Did a complete reinstall of the (beta) app and entered my my.tado.com credentials which are double-checked and correct.
    Nonetheless it's not being accepted in the app settings page, see screenshot:
  • Don't know if this will fix it but settings are kept in memory for some time after uninstalling. So to be sure: uninstall, reboot Homey and then re-install might work better....
  • @bvdbos Did all that, complete reboot of Homey, but nevertheless no results. Still the same screen. And when I go to the tado settings page and click on 'bewaren',  i even don't get any feedback message anymore, telling that the credentials were successfully saved. Remember from yesterday evening that I got this message.

• There may be some confusion about the tado-app...

My version (the update to Hellhound) has been removed from the app-store....  :o

Emile started a new tado-app and thought that the old version was not working at all... maybe because he did test the 'stable' (not working) version instead of the 'beta'... so he removed it from the app-store.  :(

Only the new Emile-version is available in the app-store now. It offers a little more user-friendly zone selection but it is missing some fuctionality compared to my previous updated version. In the coming week I will be working on it AGAIN and send Pull Requests to the new version to get it updated to the previous functionality again.
  • Do you have a link to this app @OpenMind_NL ? This might take away the confusion.
  • Jon said:
    Do you have a link to this app @OpenMind_NL ? This might take away the confusion.
    The Emile-version is the only one available in the shop now: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.tado

My version is still available for CLI-install at https://github.com/OpenMindNL/be.geekness.tado
  • Aha! So I was too early @OpenMind_NL ?
  • Jon said:
    Aha! So I was too early @OpenMind_NL ?
    No... Yesterday my updated version was available in the app-store. Should hve worked for you, just like for the other users... don't know why it didn't.
    The current app-store version works, but is missing mobile card information an a few flow-triggers/actions.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited November 2017
    was that a misunderstanding by @Emile ? or why this confusion? your app works perfectly...

• Is there a way with the app store version to debug why in my case it isn't working, @OpenMind_NL
  • I read on slack that @OpenMind_NL learned much from the Code of @Emile new app-version and is now to prepare a pullrequest in sdk2 with his code. That won‘t take long He wrote. 
  • 2Be2Be Member
    edited November 2017
    Looks like we now get the best of both worlds. SDK2 (longtime support) and the great functionality made by @OpenMind_NL. Guess that communication could have been better on Athom's side, but that's just looking at it from a distance. 

I hope @OpenMind_NL get's added as contributor, maybe including a donation button because it's well deserved.

I now donates true the lededitor app. Might be usefull for others: https://apps.athom.com/app/openmindnl.leditor

• my donation for tado app was also with the way over the lededitor app ;-)
    edited November 2017
    Report: I am finishing and preparing the new tado app for the first update release.
    This release is going to be better than the previous (already deleted) app.
    - There is not only the possibility to control the heating, but also a connected hot water boiler in a house.
    - Furthermore, it becomes possible to control multiple locations (houses) with the app. This is not even possible with tados own mobile app.

At this moment I'm still working on adding a number of condition flow cards. Furthermore, I hope to implement tados Home-Away status today or tomorrow so that it can be used for Homeys presence detection.

For a future release there's a plan to add tados air conditioning control.
  • great @OpenMind_NL ; to hear! can't wait to test the beta and hope @Emile will accept your pullrequest.

• phil_s said:
    great @OpenMind_NL ; to hear! can't wait to test the beta and hope @Emile will accept your pullrequest.

I guess it will be a stable release immediatly... and don't worry... Emile knows I'm working on the update and already helped me with some things. So 101% change that the pull-request will be accepted ;)
  • great, so not a second Reinier situation  ;)

edited November 2017
    phil_s said:
    great, so not a second Reinier situation  ;)

I don't know about a Reinier situation, but this will be an OpenMind_NL or Alex situation anyways.  :D

• phil_s said:
    great, so not a second Reinier situation  ;)

I don't know about a Reinier situation, but this will be an OpenMind_NL or Alex situation anyways.  :D

I do think you were first, already... and Reinier second... so only third place is vacant ;)
  • 2Be2Be Member
    edited December 2017
    Give it up for @OpenMind_NL !!!
    If you implement the mentioned functions than WOW, and big thumbs up!!
    The home and away functions are long awaited by me!
  • OK.... Pull Request is sent to Athom and Emile is going to review it.
    If you can't wait: https://github.com/OpenMindNL/com.tado

Read te README!!
  • So delete devices before installing, Right?
  • phil_s said:
    So delete devices before installing, Right?
    If you don't it will still work... but because I added new capabilities, they will only become available when adding a (new) device.
  • okay, i had this evening a fight with my new fritz repeater 1750e... hours for including into mesh, than i had to reset because of instability, then no wifi and no mesh.... wps thousand times and now it works.

so now i will go to bed... and tomorrow if the app is not in the appstore, i will sideload. thats for shure ;-)

• Upgrade is now available by selecting the beta version at https://apps.athom.com/app/com.tado
  • Wow great Alex!