This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Lightwave RF/ Siemens App Published

12346»

Comments

• Developer of the app (the topicstarter also) @AndyWilde is not responding as it seems, maybe this tag will help. Otherwise it's good for someone with LightwaveRF devices to support the developement an add also the new devices that are announced 

Modbreak:
    Merget this seperated topic with above question in the lightwaveRF topic

If the  Lightwave protocol is moving to 866mhz then the current LW app will not work for new devices.   The LW protocol is not public and takes a lot of time to decode.  For the GEN 2 devices I don't currently have a plan to replace the devices i have in my house (40+) so it maybe up to Athom to discuss wth Lightwave to see how they can work together on this.  

Please remember that this app has been developed because when homey was released an official lightwave app was not a priority and we may still been waiting for it this.
  • Just tried the github version and my plugin on / off still doesn't show the 'what's connected dialog'... Adding as a socket does work, any ideas?
  • I assume it needs this adding:

{
    "id": "choose_slave",
    "template": "choose_slave",
    "navigation": {
    "next": "done"
    }
    },
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited September 2017
    Scrub it, uninstalled the app. Now none of my plugs will re-add, the LED just flashes red. tried them all, WTF.

Edit: Solved, memory on socket full, reset done on all sockets.
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited September 2017
    @AndyWilde I got it working. I copied the HTML / CSS pair files from 260 to 321, plus copied the 260 section in the app.json to the 321. I then repaired and was asked what device is plugged in :)
  • @MarkSwift   There is a bata version in the app store that should address your issues,  Its been updated since your last comment so should be working fine,  let me know
  • This isn't directly related to the app, but I just got my first Lightwave switches and hoping people can help. I bought a Philips Dimmable LED that claims 0-100% dimming on the packet, but the lightwave just stops dimming at ~20-30% dim level... Is this a common thing with Lightwave? The bulb works fine with the setup everywhere higher than that, but having moved from a Hue bulb I just fine the dim range a bit restrictive...
    I'm just trying to understand if I have maybe a fault or if this is normal. Thanks!
  • ZperXZperX Member
    edited September 2017
    Unfortunately yes. I regret buying LightwaveRF dimmers. The sockets and inline switches are perfect but the dimmers are not just poor performing but do damaged. It dimms the light to max 70-80%. It makes the transformer of the 12V halogen and the LED drivers annoyingly buzz. And the worst after a 1-1.5 year buzzing the LightwaveRF dimmers killed ALL my retrofit LED lamps, 3 different brand.
    Return them while you can.
  • ZperX said:
    Unfortunately yes. I regret buying LightwaveRF dimmers. The sockets and inline switches are perfect but the dimmers are not just poor performing but do damaged. It dimms the light to max 70-80%. It makes the transformer of the 12V halogen and the LED drivers annoyingly buzz. And the worst after a 1-1.5 year buzzing the LightwaveRF dimmers killed ALL my retrofit LED lamps, 3 different brand.
    Return them while you can.
    This is sad to hear. There don't seem to be any other product on the market which looks (and works) like a normal switch but can be smart controlled :(
  • Hoping someone can help me with a flow suggestion here...

So I have a lightwave light hooked up to a PIR which comes on when motion detected. However, when watching a film or something I might turn the light off, but then it comes straight back on when motion detected (obviously)

Now I know the lightwave doesnt report the state, so I can't check that it's been turned off (but i do use HA Bridge which calls the Homey device to switch it off), but I only want it to be 'disabled' for a period of time (i.e. until the movie/tv show finishes, so 1hr say)

How can I make this work?
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited November 2017
    The condition 'watching TV/film' has to set somehow.

Are your TV / stereo / receiver / media player 'smart'; i.e. connectable to Homey? In that case you could set (one of) these as a condition if your current flow.
    If not, perhaps make them smart by using a powerplug/node.

So; your current flow is only valid IF the power node energy consumption is smaller than 5 watt.

• vaderagvaderag Member
    edited November 2017
    Eternity said:
    The condition 'watching TV/film' has to set somehow.

Are your TV / stereo / receiver / media player 'smart'; i.e. connectable to Homey? In that case you could set (one of) these as a condition if your current flow.
    If not, perhaps make them smart by using a powerplug/node.

So; your current flow is only valid IF the power node energy consumption is smaller than 5 watt.

Hmm... thats a thought.
    Mostly I'm using Plex to watch movies and I did have a setting to dim the lights on Plex... it stopped working tho so maybe i'll look into fixing that.

But then how do I stop the motion sensor kicking back in and overriding? (I think i have a % in my motion sensor to make sure the light appears on bright enough)

EDIT: Just realised I could just add an AND Plex is not playing card to the motion sensor...
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    edited November 2017
    Just been thinking about my setup and have a couple of questions...

I'm thinking of getting a couple of battery powered double lightwave switch (thinking Lightwave as they look good in a UK setup)
    However, I'm wanting these to control Yeelights via the Homey Yeelight App - will this work?
    Additionally, this is for the hall/landing so I would want these switches to work with each other - i.e. if upstairs is on and i press downstairs it will turn upstairs off etc.

Is this possible to set up with the battery light swiches, or do they need to be paired to a live lightswitch?

Also, I appreciate this would require permanently switching the lightswitches (thinking I'd do this behind the lightwave) - would that work, is it safe and within regs?
  • Unfortunately the LW Battery Switches don't play very well with Homey,  so I cannot guarantee that the signal is always received from these devices,   Homey does send commands to LW switches well with good repeatability.  Everything your asking for can be done with flows you just need to find a good device to send the command to homey.
  • AndyWilde said:
    Unfortunately the LW Battery Switches don't play very well with Homey,  so I cannot guarantee that the signal is always received from these devices,   Homey does send commands to LW switches well with good repeatability.  Everything your asking for can be done with flows you just need to find a good device to send the command to homey.
    Oh, that's a shame, but good that I asked before buying!

Any suggestions on alternates? I want something that will fit in a UK socket and look nice... (not plain old white)
  • I'm another idiot that bought into Homey because I was lead to believe it worked with Lightwave RF. I appreciate the effort Andy has made but I wouldn't have bothered with Homey had i known before hand it's not supported by Athom themselves for reasons I now understand as LightwaveRF/Siemens don't appear to be sold in The Netherlands (their home and biggest market).

It's a pity because, despite being far from perfect, I actually get on well with and love the designer look of the Lightwave RF product range; including generation 2. 

Do better research is the lesson ive learnt meanwhile anyone want a hardly used Homey - I've even got the box it came in somewhere?