This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[APP] Xiaomi Mi Home (supports Yeelights and Mi Home WiFi devices)

Comments

• I have just checked and your app has been updated. I had to add all 4 yeelights again as expected. The process itself seems to work a lot smoother. Unfortunately there seems to be some kind of bug when homey is asked to add new device; it keeps saying homey is offline. I have seen more reports about this, so I don't consider this to be a result of the updated app.

I added a single yeelight and after homeys offline messages, it turned out be have been added correctly. Then I added all 3 remaining yeelights in a single add session. This also worked fine. So the adding process looks like its working very well.

I checked, you have added quite a lot of interesting possibility cards for flow use. Looks really great but I had no time to fiddle around now. I found only one single card with extra information (i-icon). Is this on purpose? The extra info is very welcome since my quick scan did not make all clear to me... :)

Are you planning to add more info in another update or supply the info in other ways?

Anyhow, a very positive update experience until now; many thanks!
  • RuudvB said:
    I have just checked and your app has been updated. I had to add all 4 yeelights again as expected. The process itself seems to work a lot smoother. Unfortunately there seems to be some kind of bug when homey is asked to add new device; it keeps saying homey is offline. I have seen more reports about this, so I don't consider this to be a result of the updated app.

I added a single yeelight and after homeys offline messages, it turned out be have been added correctly. Then I added all 3 remaining yeelights in a single add session. This also worked fine. So the adding process looks like its working very well.

I checked, you have added quite a lot of interesting possibility cards for flow use. Looks really great but I had no time to fiddle around now. I found only one single card with extra information (i-icon). Is this on purpose? The extra info is very welcome since my quick scan did not make all clear to me... :)

Are you planning to add more info in another update or supply the info in other ways?

Anyhow, a very positive update experience until now; many thanks!
    Thanx for the feedback, I'll add some extra hints on the custom cards in the next release. For the default cards for the lights class  this is out of my hands.
  • The Yeelight LED strips work, have no other Xiaomi devices. Huge thanks!
    When selecting a new color or intensity, the slider stutters back to the old position, then moves to the new position. Happens on both android app beta and stable.

Is grouping and music flow possible?
  • prismsub7 said:
    The Yeelight LED strips work, have no other Xiaomi devices. Huge thanks!
    When selecting a new color or intensity, the slider stutters back to the old position, then moves to the new position. Happens on both android app beta and stable.

Is grouping and music flow possible?
    I'll look into the stuttering. What do you mean with grouping and music flow. Could you describe what you are trying to achieve.
  • Hey Phuturist, I tried to reconnect my MiRobot again but the connection timed out. So seems like it's not working. Let me know if you need more information
  • Hey Phuturist, I tried to reconnect my MiRobot again but the connection timed out. So seems like it's not working. Let me know if you need more information
    I was afraid of this. I have been unable to get my own Mi Robot connected as well. I'm dropping support for the Mi Robot in the next beta release ... :disappointed:
  • Phuturist said:
    Hey Phuturist, I tried to reconnect my MiRobot again but the connection timed out. So seems like it's not working. Let me know if you need more information
    I was afraid of this. I have been unable to get my own Mi Robot connected as well. I'm dropping support for the Mi Robot in the next beta release ... :disappointed:
    Yep can confirm it does not work here aswell.. It used to work tho with the previous version.
  • dENNtoet said:
    Phuturist said:
    Hey Phuturist, I tried to reconnect my MiRobot again but the connection timed out. So seems like it's not working. Let me know if you need more information
    Yep can confirm it does not work here aswell.. It used to work tho with the previous version.
    I tried reinstalling the previous version and was unable to pair there as well. Somehow it seems to only work with Mi Robot's that where already paired before the latest firmware update. It's too bad though, I hope someday it will be fixed again but for now I'm removing support.
  • Release 2.3.0-beta
    • REMOVED: driver for the Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner since it's not working anymore with the latest firmware update of the cleaner
    • IMPROVEMENT: removed the maximum time for the changing brightness over time
    • FIX: fixed issue with stuttering when changing colors for Yeelights within the new mobile app
    • FIX: fixed error due to destroying a non existent connection socket on Yeelighs
    • NEW: added extra action cards for Yeelights: Temperature/brightness scene, Color/brightness scene
    I'm looking for beta testers, specifically ones that own 3+ Yeelights. I still receive a "Too many memwarnings" error from time to time and it's really hard to troubleshoot those issues. Please report if you experience this issue and what devices you have paired.
  • Phuturist said:
    Release 2.3.0-beta
    • REMOVED: driver for the Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner since it's not working anymore with the latest firmware update of the cleaner
    • FIX: fixed issue with stuttering when changing colors for Yeelights within the new mobile app
    • FIX: fixed error due to destroying a non existent connection socket on Yeelighs
    • NEW: added extra action cards for Yeelights: Temperature/brightness scene, Color/brightness scene
    I'm looking for beta testers, specifically ones that own 3+ Yeelights. I still receive a "Too many memwarnings" error from time to time and it's really hard to troubleshoot those issues. Please report if you experience this issue and what devices you have paired.
    I will try to some of your new features. Although I did not experience the issues that were reported lately, just so you know.

Another very interesting product I came across:  http://s.aliexpress.com/3IZfUbMN There seem to be 2 different versions available. One is for Zigbee the other for WiFi.
    I wonder, would it be possible to support these via your app?

• RuudvB said:

Another very interesting product I came across:  http://s.aliexpress.com/3IZfUbMN There seem to be 2 different versions available. One is for Zigbee the other for WiFi.
    I wonder, would it be possible to support these via your app?

Someone is working on direct support for the ZigBee version. I assume it should be possible to add the WiFi version to my app if it follows the miio protocol. But without an actual device it's hard to test.
  • Phuturist said:

Someone is working on direct support for the ZigBee version. I assume it should be possible to add the WiFi version to my app if it follows the miio protocol. But without an actual device it's hard to test.
    I'm trying to find out what would be the best option for this, ZigBee or Wifi... Not sure yet.

About the update, 1 of my 4 Yeelights disappeared from homey last night after automatic updating. Tried to get it back did not work out. Today there was a new version of the homey mobile app and the issue was fixed. Not sure how, but something worked :)

All my Yeelights are working nice and stable now.
  • Phuturist said:
    Release 2.3.0-beta
    I tried little testing last night, some things about the cards are not quite clear to me. Can you maybe show some examples of how to implement?

Also this card looks very mysterious...

You refer to the Yeelight documentation, I just have no clue where to get that... An example could greatly help.
  • Was just talking to JeroenVollenbroeck about the brightness over time... That's build-in buy Athom to let a light dim over a period of time, see i.e.
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/547

• bvdbos said:
    Was just talking to JeroenVollenbroeck about the brightness over time... That's build-in buy Athom to let a light dim over a period of time, see i.e.

Thanks for your input, but still a correct example would help a lot. There are 4 different parameters; almost endless options to test....
  • Phuturist said:
    Release 2.3.0-beta
    i gave 5 yeelights connected, no errors as of yet, how can i help?
  • RuudvB said:
    bvdbos said:
    Was just talking to JeroenVollenbroeck about the brightness over time... That's build-in buy Athom to let a light dim over a period of time, see i.e.

Thanks for your input, but still a correct example would help a lot. There are 4 different parameters; almost endless options to test....
    I've got Lifx, KaKu and Ikea dimmables but none have that card... So can't help you myself ;-)
  • RuudvB said:
    bvdbos said:

Havent had chance to test but the Hue lights have this - its essentially set your dim level (75%) set your time (30mins) and you will hit 75% from your current level in 30mins.

So if you're at 0% it will gradually fade up, if you're at 100% gradually down
  • I'm not gonna quote all reactions above but hope to answer al questions here.

Wijzig helderheid over tijd / change brightness over time card.
    I was not aware of a default "dim over time" card. In the github issue referenced by @bvdbos it is stated that this has been added by default to the light class which should make it available for Yeelights as well. But since it's not available I asked a question about it. Got a response and Athom needs to update the docs. I will probably implement it at a later time. The current "wijzig helderheid over tijd / change brightness over time card" was added by me based on a feature request of @vaderag. It actually has more options than the default card that's not available yet. The options are:
    • End state: return to previous, keep new setting or switch light off
    • Duration: the time over which the state is changed from it's current state to the set state
    • New light temperature: light temperature to which the light needs to change, Yeelights have a range from 2700 - 6500
    • New light brightness: the new brightness to which the light needs to change
    So, this card allows you to change the brightness and temperature of your Yeelight over a specific time. The most common use case is using it as a wakeup light where the light gradually becomes brighter over a specific time. Or the other way around, gradually dim the light when going to bed.

Send command / verstuur commando
    As stated in the card, this is really for advanced users. It allows you to send any command to the Yeelight. I'm not gonna explain all the possibilities as these are endless but if you are interested you can have a look at the documentation here: http://www.yeelight.com/download/Yeelight_Inter-Operation_Spec.pdf. I'll just give you some copy pasted examples.

{"id":1,"method":"set_scene", "params": ["color", 65280, 70]}
    {"id":1, "method":"set_scene", "params":["ct", 5400, 100]}
    {"id":1,"method":"set_scene","params":["cf",0,0,"500,1,255,100,1000,1,16776960,70"]}
    {"id":1, "method":"set_scene", "params":["auto_delay_off", 50, 5]

The first is to set color to "652280" and 70% brightness.
    The second is to set color to Hue:300, Saturation:70 and max brightness.
    The third is set CT to 500K and 100% brightness.
    The forth one is to start a infinite color flow on two flow tuples.
    The fifth one is turn on the light to 50% brightness and then turn off after 5 minutes.

Beta testing
    So far only one little bug detected so that is looking good. Hopefully I can promote it to stable sometime next week. @mauritsivs , are you already on the beta. If not, please use the app store to upgrade to the beta. Then all you need to do is use your lights and see if there is anything not working or crashes.
  • @Phuturist thanks for your explanations and link to the pdf, that is really very welcome. I will try to implement some of these new options.

• RuudvBRuudvB Member
    edited November 2017
    @Phuturist
    Unfortunately I have to report some kind of bug. When simply experimenting with different settings, homey looses the Yeelight that is being experimented upon. Restarting the app brings the Yeelight back.

The used command line is the same you supplied: 
    {"id":1,"method":"set_scene","params":["cf",0,0,"500,1,255,100,1000,1,16776960,70"]}

After the above flow, there comes a flow when the contact alarm went off. The flow fires which should switch off the Yeelight, but the light just stays on the last red color.

Hopefully you can simulate the situation with these details.
  • RuudvB said:
    @Phuturist
    Unfortunately I have to report some kind of bug. When simply experimenting with different settings, homey looses the Yeelight that is being experimented upon. Restarting the app brings the Yeelight back.

The used command line is the same you supplied: 

After the above flow, there comes a flow when the contact alarm went off. The flow fires which should switch off the Yeelight, but the light just stays on the last red color.

Hopefully you can simulate the situation with these details.
    Already noticed this one myself, I hope to have fixed it in the next release.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited November 2017

Release 2.3.1-beta

• NEW: added support for the default dim over time action card for Yeelights
    • NEW: added support for Yeelight Bedside Lamp II (WiFi) and Yeelight Ceiling Light
    • FIX: hopefully fixed two bugs cause crashes and Yeelights showing as offline incorrectly

I hope this release fixes the issue where Yeelights show as offline while they are not (getting them back online require a power cycle or restart the app) and the issues where the app crashes with stacktraces similar to this.

/drivers/yeelights/device.js:228
    yeelights[id].socket.destroy();
    ^TypeError: Cannot read property 'destroy' of null
    at Timeout.yeelights.(anonymous function).timeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (/drivers/yeelights/device.js:228:37)
    at ontimeout (timers.js:469:11)
    at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:304:5)
    at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:264:5)
  • @Phuturist
    I think you splashed the bugs, testing is working correct now :)
  • Fortunately I did not find another bug. Just a question about how things are supposed to work.

According to the information from the first card, this card is used to save the current status of the Yeelight. Using it this way I wonder how to restore the saved status. It is not done by default as I have tested.
    After this flow another flow is activated triggered on "a contact alarm went off" and then switches the Yeelight off.
    Once the Yeelight is switched back on, it comes on as red, not the saved status.

I can't seem to find a restore status card....?
  • RuudvB said:
    Fortunately I did not find another bug. Just a question about how things are supposed to work.

According to the information from the first card, this card is used to save the current status of the Yeelight. Using it this way I wonder how to restore the saved status. It is not done by default as I have tested.
    After this flow another flow is activated triggered on "a contact alarm went off" and then switches the Yeelight off.
    Once the Yeelight is switched back on, it comes on as red, not the saved status.

I think you are misinterpreting this card. It can be used to save the current status as the default power on status. So a use case would look like.
    - configure your light to a state you are comfortable with
    - use this card to save this state as default power on state using this card
    - change the state of the lamp to anything you like
    - when you power down (switch off power completely) and then power on your Yeelight again the state you are comfortable with is restored (and not the state last used).

This only works if you do not have "Automatic state saving" enabled in the official Yeelight smartphone app.
  • Phuturist said:
    RuudvB said:
    Fortunately I did not find another bug. Just a question about how things are supposed to work.

I think you are misinterpreting this card. It can be used to save the current status as the default power on status. So a use case would look like.
    - configure your light to a state you are comfortable with
    - use this card to save this state as default power on state using this card
    - change the state of the lamp to anything you like
    - when you power down (switch off power completely) and then power on your Yeelight again the state you are comfortable with is restored (and not the state last used).

This only works if you do not have "Automatic state saving" enabled in the official Yeelight smartphone app.
    This is essential:
    This only works if you do not have "Automatic state saving" enabled in the official Yeelight smartphone app. Would be good for future users to see this as extra information.

I had a hard time finding the setting... but finally found it and enabled it on all my Yeelights now. Then I tested as you described:
    - Starting state "night mode"
    - Running the above flow
    - Have the 2nd flow switch the light off

Turning the light on again via the smartphone app, the light was still red... not night mode. I even tried it with switching all power off by a wall switch, same result.

In between the app crashed and the Yeelight could not be reached anymore via homey. A restart solved that issue. 
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited November 2017
    @RuudvB, I mentioned you need to disable that setting (well, I said do not have this setting enabled actually). So you need to disable them again and than test again to see if your default state is saved. You mention that you use a flow to switch the light off, this default state only kicks in when completely powering down the light, not when only switching them off.

Did you catch a stacktrace of the app crash. I did not receive a crash notification.
  • Phuturist said:
    @RuudvB, I mentioned you need to disable that setting (well, I said do not have this setting enabled actually). So you need to disable them again and than test again to see if your default state is saved.

Pfff, I totally over-read the NOT.... sorry about that.

>> You mention that you use a flow to switch the light off, this default state only kicks in when completely powering down the light, not when only switching them off.<<

Aha... is there a way to let this handle by software? If not, I would opt for a sort of restore card. Manually switching the light off/on does not really make sense in my application.

>>Did you catch a stacktrace of the app crash. I did not receive a crash notification.<<
    How to do this please?
  • RuudvB said:
    Phuturist said:
    @RuudvB, I mentioned you need to disable that setting (well, I said do not have this setting enabled actually). So you need to disable them again and than test again to see if your default state is saved.

Pfff, I totally over-read the NOT.... sorry about that.

>> You mention that you use a flow to switch the light off, this default state only kicks in when completely powering down the light, not when only switching them off.<<

Aha... is there a way to let this handle by software? If not, I would opt for a sort of restore card. Manually switching the light off/on does not really make sense in my application.

>>Did you catch a stacktrace of the app crash. I did not receive a crash notification.<<
    How to do this please?
    You can use the Temperature/brightness scene or Color/brightness scene action card to switch on the light straight into a specific desired state. There is currently no way to save a previous state as 'switch on' state.

You can submit an issue in my GitHub repo for adding a restore action card to be used with switch on. It's not available by default in the Yeelight api but I have some idea on how to fix this in the Yeelight. It's low priority for now though.
This discussion has been closed.