This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Homeyda.sh - Web based dashboard for Homey

swtttswttt Member
edited February 2018 in Apps

HomeyDash Logo

https://homeyda.sh

HomeyDash is a dashboard that can be used to control devices paired to Homey and show information like weather, news, media etc.

To use HomeyDash, go to https://homeyda.sh and login.
You can pin HomeyDash to your homescreen on iOS and Android.

Long press opens the popup with more info.

Work in progress

Current release isn't considered stable and 100% functional yet.

You can support this project trough Patreon:
Become a Patron now!

Contributing

Found Bugs

First make sure the bug hasn't been reported yet. New bugs found can be submitted to the GitHub Issues . And if you already know a good solution, feel free to make a Pull Request!

Pull Requests

Pull requests can be done on the develop branch. Until the master branch isn't stable enough (and is considered alpha/beta) the develop branch won't get build and pushed for now. After the master branch is more stable, i will auto build the develop branch to a seperate sub-domain.

Screenshots

Tagged:

Comments

• Another great work, can't wait to move into my new home where i will have time to rollout and use HomeyDash instead of only testing/playing with it when you ask haha :) 
  • Added general sensors and windowblinds with dim support yesterday.

Both still need some work but should be functional.

last things missing should be thermostat control, speakers, vacuum, dumb windowblinds. Am i missing something?
  • This is awesome mate! Cannot wait to get my house and wall mount a tablet! 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    Still missing a nice color and light temperature selector :tongue:

But is really starting to look nice now! 
  • phbphb Member
    @swttt ; Looking very nice  already 

• EternityEternity Member
    edited October 2017
    Looking great!

Missing? 
    Well, I have  zone called "Aanwezigheid" which shows me who is home atm. Would be nice to (remotely) view this via HomeyDa.sh 
  • swttt said:
    Added general sensors and windowblinds with dim support yesterday.

last things missing should be thermostat control, speakers, vacuum, dumb windowblinds. Am i missing something? 
    Just saw it briefly, really like the idea! What about adding virtual devices, so you can 'initiate' a flow?
  • Caros said:
    swttt said:
    Added general sensors and windowblinds with dim support yesterday.

Just saw it briefly, really like the idea! What about adding virtual devices, so you can 'initiate' a flow?
    As far as I know, this is possible with the BetterLogic bitflip device.
  • plus it should find the other class with the onoff capability as well.
    So indeed should be possible already..
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited October 2017
    virtual switch already works, so does bitflip...
  • Just the buttons aren't supported yet tho!
    Could be that @Caros is using that...
  • @swtt, @bvdbos, I mean devices from this app: Virtual Devices

If that is integrated you can make a 'Virtual Device' of a flow and than add this to the dashboard. 
  • @Caros Then it might depend on what virtual device. Like @bvdbos mentioned a Virtual Switch should work.
  • @swtt I see thanks, I've used the wrong one.
  • RemcoHanninkRemcoHannink Member
    edited October 2017
    @swttt

Great work, I only have one security concern. I allow a website I don't know to take full control of my Homey and my Home........... Can I install the software on my one server at home? Or are you planning on running this software as an app on Homey as well?

Gr. Remco
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited October 2017
    @RemcoHannink

An app to use on Homey isn't planned since it would change the complete auth flow. (depending on the callback url)
    Other then that, the complete code is opensource and build automatically from github.
    Where the dashboard is using front-end javascript. Nothing is stored on the server. If you would remove your localstorage the website will need to ask for the auth again (since you sort of revoked it).

Edit: Because of the same callback url this won't run on your own servers as well. It needs to be run from homeyda.sh for security reason :) You can spawn a dev server using the readme on github. But this would only work on your desktop.
  • Added dumb window blinds and expended the sensors (plus some other small fixes)
  • I don't mean to be a 'hater', but what's the point of this? I don't really see what this adds compared to the Homey app (mobile, desktop). Again, don't mean to be rude, looks very good but I guess I just miss the use case for this?
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited October 2017
    @TonD83
    I guess you do mis the point :smile:

Tried the current app on a tablet and put that on the wall?
    Where the current homeydash app supports buienradar, rss feeds and (partial) webcams.
    These will be added to the webbed version as well.

EDIT: Icons break the message it seams...
  • BPCBPC Member
    I would really like to see, possibly on a separate page, an overview of total power consumption, possibly with consumption yesterday and today, last week, last month, last year and so on ..
    if it is possible
  • @BPC
    It kinda would depend on Insights tho.
    Could you create an issue for this on Github? Got some ideas on how to implement :)
  • @swttt,
    Looking great. Can't wait to see the Dashboard implemented!!
  • Thats actually up next :)

A few capabilities left to add. Thermostat, Button, speakers and vacuumcleaner..
  • I'm curious how the dashboard part will look and work, but if it work just as good as the devices part, it will be great!

I use the homeyda.sh daily instead of the official Homey apps.. :) the devices part is so much faster than the apps from athom.  B)
  • Great stuff.

I will try this when I get some sensors working on my new Homey  :)

• swttt said:
    @TonD83
    I guess you do mis the point :smile:

Tried the current app on a tablet and put that on the wall?
    Where the current homeydash app supports buienradar, rss feeds and (partial) webcams.
    These will be added to the webbed version as well.

EDIT: Icons break the message it seams...
    Makes a lot more sense now, thanks. Might even try it myself at a later point :) Webcams sounds very promising and is definitely something I am missing at the moment. 
  • Is it possible in the new homeydash (wen its ready) to stream a rtsp:// videostream?
  • @Octo
    Not sure yet on how, but am looking into it.
  • By the way, i have added a test to the dashboard for drag and drop.
    Can you guys test on different devices how dragging the 3 boxes is working?
  • Works fine here on Nexus 5X, Android 8.0, Chrome. Only drag and drop, no grid snapping.