This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Move, the blinds control. Anyone creating an app?

Comments

• anneanne Member
    Oops, my bad  :#
  • i got 3 move units working on my vertical blinds with BT

when will homey be able to controle the move units by BT ?

with other words when will BT be working on homey ?

thx

• They say on their site that they are updating their own app in July, another 5 days so.
    My move works fine with vertical blinds
    This says Teptron this morning about their app update:
    We are unfortunately a bit delayed to mid Aug. Thank you!
  • bvdbos said:
    nope, move has already shipped BT and they still have a few days before they should be starting shipping zwave-versions according to the site... Also: works with Homey they claim :) But I guess someone will have to create an app first.
    shipping in few days ?

The latest update of 11 july states that there is additional 1-2 months delay.
  • Well I haven't even received the Bluetooth version
  • Same here, still waiting for the Bluetooth version. They say it's probably going to be shipped end of this month with new functions.
  • Hello,

I have a few few of the Teptron move curtain Bluetooth motors. Someone has already revere engineered the Bluetooth mesh protocol. It is already working on a Raspberry 3 with ble built in. When can Homey do this ble mesh native? At this moment ble is not enabled I guess?
    https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8683

gr. Remco
  • I was about to order some move units, but looking back at the history of this forum I'm not so sure anymore. Why is move still not integrated into Homey? Is there a problem with the BLE mesh integration maybe? And the company is now supposedly also producing a z-wave version of the move, called movez. But I can only find it on the indiegogogo site. Does anyone have any experience with this?

If I do order these and want it to work with Homey, should I order the regular BLE version or the zwave version? Or is it best not to order them at all ?  :#

And is Athom indeed making an app as stated by @Emile already in March 2016....? Or anyone else ?

Thanks in advance for helping me decide what to do <3
  • @gruijter_dev Yes, i have ordered the indiegogo one. 4 pieces. It seems that after some delay they will be delivered one of these weeks. I expect them before end of 2017. Really looking forward to it.
    Also: i have read some rumours (perhaps from the Movez people themselves) that they will make Movez homey compatible out of the box.
  • I was about to order some move units, but looking back at the history of this forum I'm not so sure anymore. Why is move still not integrated into Homey? Is there a problem with the BLE mesh integration maybe? And the company is now supposedly also producing a z-wave version of the move, called movez. But I can only find it on the indiegogogo site. Does anyone have any experience with this?

If I do order these and want it to work with Homey, should I order the regular BLE version or the zwave version? Or is it best not to order them at all ?  :#

And is Athom indeed making an app as stated by @Emile already in March 2016....? Or anyone else ?

Please .. do  ... not .. order. anything from that company. I have multiple moves in my home and to be honest. The idea is great and at first they work awesome but what I found out is that after 6 months or so they seem to deteriorate very quickly. The performance is not what it used to be when I first installed them. Don't know if its the cord or the move itself but I already had to replace 2 of them because I couldn't get that fixed (luckily I bought a bunch). 

Also they promised lots of stuff for their phone app but as of date these promises are not realized and can be considered broken. And on top of all this they just don't respond very well on support calls. If they respond at all..  
  • thx for the input. I guess I will hold off any order for now. If anyone gets the new version delivered and has new/other feedback on the company, please let me know.
  • A liitle nuance at @jjtbsomhorst experience. I’m using two Moves for about 6 months now.
    After 4 months the (plastic) chainwheels broke. I sent an email to Teptron about it. Within 24 hours I got a reply telling that they would send me new steel wheels. Five days later I got them, sent from Sweden, for free ofcourse. The Moves are much more reliable now. One remark, and in that point I agree with @jjtbsomhorst, the connection with the androidapp through BLE is far from stable. After a few hours the Moves are loosing connection which only can be solved by switching off and on the BLE at the smartphone.
    All together, a smart idea but not (yet) completely engineered for daily reliable use.
  • I have one move here, with my vertical blinds, it works good, i don't have blue tooth always on, still waiting for the app update.

Please .. do  ... not .. order. anything from that company. I have multiple moves in my home and to be honest. The idea is great and at first they work awesome but what I found out is that after 6 months or so they seem to deteriorate very quickly. The performance is not what it used to be when I first installed them. Don't know if its the cord or the move itself but I already had to replace 2 of them because I couldn't get that fixed (luckily I bought a bunch). 

Also they promised lots of stuff for their phone app but as of date these promises are not realized and can be considered broken. And on top of all this they just don't respond very well on support calls. If they respond at all..  
    I second this.
    Flame me if you want.. but the MOVE is total rubbish and the developers are doing nothing.. I have mine since last year.. Its now in a box for the same reasons stated
  • Still waiting for mine
  • Me too, my memory will probably forget I even ordered them in the near future.   
  • From the teptron website:
    For Android user we are going to publish an OTA (over the air) app in Oct/Nov. Through the OTA app you will be able to update the firmware in your units. We will publish a step by step guide once the OTA app is released.
  • I have the bluetooth version for about one year now and they still work quite well. I am surprised the plastic wheels for the ballchains still hold. However I am a bit disappointed that there is still no support for Homey. Right now I am using them with an old phone that has Tasker installed. Homey sends commands to the phone and it forwards them to the Moves. The connection is not very stable, but with restarting the app after every command set and restarting the phone once a day, it works quite reliable.
  • The latest firmware has been release couple of weeks/days ago. It implements automation control and grouping your devices. You also have to install a new Android / IOs version of the app. I have to say this new automation / grouping feature really works as I would expect. The great thing is ofcourse that you do not need Homey now if you want to have your curtains open/closed at set times. 

But it would be a nice feature. Is there anyone who has knowledge about the BLE specifics of these devices and is willing to make an app?
  • Would be great if someone is willing to make an app for this!
  • I like the new firmware as well.The app runs much more stable is more reliable now. Still, I would appreciate an app for the moves very much, so that I wouldn't need my smartphone anymore.
  • I have a question about the move, how does the move know what time it is, because if I set a time, it is not correct.
  • jordenjorden Member
    Mine just arrived.... very curious about how they work but it will take some time before I can install them (don't have 100% suitable blinds currently)
  • JonJon Member
    @jorden Did you receive the Z-wave version or Bluetooth one (original Move)?
  • Mine came too today, already had lost hope of them ever sending them. 
  • JonJon Member
    Mine came too today, already had lost hope of them ever sending them. 
    Which one did you get?
  • Jon said:
    Mine came too today, already had lost hope of them ever sending them. 
    Which one did you get?
    The bluetooth ones
  • jordenjorden Member
    Jon said:
    @jorden Did you receive the Z-wave version or Bluetooth one (original Move)?
    The Bluetooth versions for me as well.
  • I have 8 Teptron Moves from the initial kickstarter campaign and I have asked Teptron a few times about opening up their API as they promised in their campaign, but they still refuse for unknown reasons. Lats respons from them was a few weeks ago:

Hi Remco,

Thank you for contacting us

The new iOS app has been released. 

OTAU for iOS is something that we are working on right now. If you like to get going right away you can borrow an Android phone and upgrade your units then switch to iOS. 

Having an open API is something that we still are contemplating. 

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
    David Ericsson
    Teptron AB
    www.teptron.com

Gr. Remco
  • Don't expect anything from this company. Couple of weeks ago I decided to throw my moves away. I could have sold them but I dont want anyone to experience the same irritations that I do have. At first they seem to work perfectly but after some months the devices seem to suffer from performance los which I couldn't solve.

So I decided to remove them at all. And ofcourse the total lack of communication. And last but not least I asked them for new cog wheels so I received them by mail with a handwritten letter. In that letter they kindly asked if i would write some positive reviews in return for these new cogs.. I'm sorry but but i'm not an idiot. If a device sucks it sucks and I'm not gonna play good weather man.