This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

milight

12346»

Comments

• After each update the app becomes more and more unstable. Almost daily app crashes now, and I have an issue that my mi.lights turn blue for no aparent reason. Setting the colour through homey doesn't help, they remain blue. The only colour driven feature from homey appears to be white mode. What's going on?
  • Strange my app has been ok a long time,  I'm on 1.5 rc2

Did you create a case on Git? 
  • No I didn't create a case yet. Is there some way to reset the app? Other then restart I mean
  • As long as I have a Homey, I have a strange annoying problem. Some of my lights turns pink sometimes. No idea way, because in none of my flows this is configured this way.. Anyone having the same problems? 
  • have seen this to, no solution what i know 
  • Currently I have confiured 2 WiFi boxes (Ibox 1 and Ibox 2). I have 16 zones, both bridges have 8 zones configured through the Milight app on Android/iPhone using the 8 zone remote option. This works fine.

What is the best way to add these into Homey? So far I have only been able to get control over the iBox LED light. But none of the other 16 zones have been working. I have tried adding the RGBWW, RBGW, RGB and White bulb option.

After adding different combinations I have tried commands like; all lights on/off. But only the LED from the iBox seems to be responding...
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    @Practitioner when selecting the rgb option (etc) during inclusion you can choose which of the 4 zones of that option you want to include, if you want all 4 you need to make sure all 4 of the checkmarks are there

Then they work with each group as a separate device
  • @caseda Thanks for your quick response!

I have tried that again without any good result.
    I have added all the possible options from the four types:

I have tried:

- Turning them all on/off manually one by one; only the WiFi box LED responds
    - OK Homey, turn on/off all lights; only the WiFi box LED responds

Any other suggestions?
  • I guess only the 4 zone remote is supported, I can't see the 8 zone lamps either. So you would have to add them in the app with the simulated FUT092 (4zone) controller. The downside of course being that you are left with 8 in stead of 16 zones..
  • @joostm That would mean that I would need to reconfigure all the zones again and/or use 4 boxes to utilize 16 zones...
  • I'm afraid so.. But to be sure you could ask robinb on the slack channel, he's the developer of the milight app.
  • btwvincebtwvince Member
    edited December 2017
    I Have the iBox 2 connected with my led lights. 1 channel is connected to a RGBW Led controller. If I switch this controller on through Homey it works 3 - 4 times and then I have to pull out the plug of Homey and restart Homey  or Restart the app before I can get it to work with Homey again. It keeps working with my smartphone app from Milight or with the remote. So it has to do something with the app or Homey. Does anyone else has this problem? The other light bulbs are working all the time
  • GratjeGratje Member
    edited December 2017
    btwvince said:
    I Have the iBox 2 connected with my led lights. 1 channel is connected to a RGBW Led controller. If I switch this controller on through Homey it works 3 - 4 times and then I have to pull out the plug of Homey and restart Homey  or Restart the app before I can get it to work with Homey again. It keeps working with my smartphone app from Milight or with the remote. So it has to do something with the app or Homey. Does anyone else has this problem? The other light bulbs are working all the time
    Identical problem here. Also using a ibox2 connected to a rgbww led controller. 
    Sometimes it is not working. It then says: bridge reageert niet. With a broken icon. 
    Restart of the homey fixes the problem. Or restart of the app
    P

• Hi,
    Yes, I have the same problem. Really annoying. I have a wakeup light in my childs room. I must say it is really quiet in the morning lately ;-) 
  • my problem is homey can't find any milight bulb, or ledstrip anymore.

it never works like it should from the beginning.

i have 4 multicolor ledstrips , 11 warm/cold white bulbs , 5 multicolor bulbs , ibox1 and ibox2.

all works fine as long as i don't use homey.

hopefuly someone could fix this app like it should.

everything else works fine with homey and its a shame that the lights can't be used with homey (something very important i think)

thx 

• @RobinBolscher
    It seems more people have stability issues like I mentioned when it was still beta,  any chance you could have a look, or anythin I can do to help along?
  • Still no progress on this one...
  • Hi, 
    Is there any development in the MiLight app? Still having some issues and there are allot of devices that are not "supported" .
    I have two MiLight 9w RGB+CCT led bulbs that are perfectly working in the MiLight phone app but not in Homey. I can add them as an RGBW bulb but they are not reacting to my commands. I am using this iBox: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/New-Mi-Light-2-4G-Wireless-LED-RF-Dimmer-Remote-Wifi-ibox-iOS-Android-APP-for/32810368817.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.nR84zC

I have two 4 W Mi Licht LED Lamp GU10 MR16 Dimbare Lamp Licht RGB + Warm Wit + Wit (RGB + CCT) that are always working and an rgb led strip that is sometimes working.

Is there a way to get the 9w RGB+CCT led bulbs working and is there any development to the MiLight app in Homey?

Thanks,
    Aaron
  • Aaron said:
    Hi, 
    Is there any development in the MiLight app? Still having some issues and there are allot of devices that are not "supported" .
    I have two MiLight 9w RGB+CCT led bulbs that are perfectly working in the MiLight phone app but not in Homey. I can add them as an RGBW bulb but they are not reacting to my commands. I am using this iBox: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/New-Mi-Light-2-4G-Wireless-LED-RF-Dimmer-Remote-Wifi-ibox-iOS-Android-APP-for/32810368817.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.nR84zC

I have two 4 W Mi Licht LED Lamp GU10 MR16 Dimbare Lamp Licht RGB + Warm Wit + Wit (RGB + CCT) that are always working and an rgb led strip that is sometimes working.

Is there a way to get the 9w RGB+CCT led bulbs working and is there any development to the MiLight app in Homey?

Thanks,
    Aaron
    I've made a ticket on Github for my problem and they've mentioned me that they know about an issue with this app and the iBox. They are working on it I guess. You can always make an new ticket or reply on my ticket on Github. The more people are sending their bugs on Github the sooner they will be resolved  :)
  • Hi @btwvince,
    They know about an issue but they did not tell you they are working on it? It has been for a while now. I will reply on your ticket.

greetings,
    Aaron
  • Aaron said:
    Hi @btwvince,
    They know about an issue but they did not tell you they are working on it? It has been for a while now. I will reply on your ticket.

greetings,
    Aaron
    Hi @Aaron I got the same WiFi module. And for 60% of the time they work without a problem. When it is not working it acts like the message I gave earlier in this topic. 
    And it did work before for 100%. No idea why it now is not reacting to commands for some times. 
  • Same problems here. It's starting to look like an very bad and expensive investment.
  • Are the milights that expensive?
  • AaronAaron Member
    Hi,
    More MiLight problems after update to 1.5.8
    I had contact with Robin before and he said that the MiLight app was reverse engineered, that is why it is so difficult to make it perfect. My problems were solved (a bit) by auto rebooting my MiLight hub at night, so forcing homey to reconnect to it. This was sufficient to use my lights for 24 ours. 
    After the update (to stable) it is not enough anymore. After rebooting my hub it does not work (most of the times) then I need to reboot homey to and that works (also not always but most of the times). But that does not last the whole day. I sometimes need to reboot it 3 times a day.

I think I know what the problem is, only I don't have a solution. 
    When the MiLight bulbs stop working with homey they stil work perfectly with the MiLight app. So nothing wrong with MiLight or it being connected to the wifi (some suggested it loses its connection to the wifi). I think it is the connection between the MiLight hub and homey. Homey still thinks it is connected when it is not. Maybe an idea to reconnect from time to time even if it thinks it already is connected?

They said the bulbs are cheap, that is why they are doing this....but they work perfectly, just not with homey, soooo...

Greetings,
    Aaron

• MaanMaan Member
    edited March 2018
    Hai, is there someone who can help my out. I've got pairing problems with milight bulbs.
    I've a milight ibox v6 and i was able to pair two w/ww bulbs, 1 e14 rgb cct bulb, and they work fine.
    I've two e27 rgb cct bulbs and and they work fine in the milight app, but homey refuse to see them, so i can not add them.
    One of them did works fine yesterday but I removed it, because it was simultaneous with two GU14 spots, also milight. I removed the GU14 from homey and unlink them form the ibox
    I've already tried; link, unlink and link again. Restart homey and the ibox several times, restart the milight app, read for several hours on this forum, but I'dint found a solution.

The only solution I can think of is, reset everything, including Homey, to factory settings, and start all over again, but that will cost a lot of time.

( English is not my native language, please don't shoot me for that)

Addition; I've was able to ad the ibox to homey in zone 5! and I can control the led.  When i try to add a bulb to homey a can only see (and add) the ibox

addition 2; How is homey talking to the ibox, through my wlan network or directly? 

addition 3; I just found out that my new bulb linkt works simultaneous, whith the other bulb in that zone, homey apparently  sees them as one bulb.

• MaanMaan Member
    I just give Homey a factory reset, but it didn't work  :'( 
    Yesterday I was able to add lightbulbs to homey, but today not any more.
    Yesterday I did'nt saw the ibox in the list, totay I see only iboxes 
    I can add them, but they don't work.

• Maan said:
    I just give Homey a factory reset, but it didn't work  :'( 
    Yesterday I was able to add lightbulbs to homey, but today not any more.
    Yesterday I did'nt saw the ibox in the list, totay I see only iboxes 
    I can add them, but they don't work.

Same here. Can't seem to even turn them on within the device overview.