This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Multi user geo-fencing

edited January 2016 in Archive

Hi,

Does Homey support multi user geo-fencing?

Thanks

Grtz

Gerard

Comments

• +1 for the feature
  • +1 for me 2!
  • +1
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Yes! 
  • Emile said:
    Yes! 

YESSSSS! Utterly cool! This is something that I never really got properly working with the Vera. I'm very very happy with this @Emile, thanks!
  • PimBliek said:
    Emile said:
    Yes! 

YESSSSS! Utterly cool! This is something that I never really got properly working with the Vera. I'm very very happy with this @Emile, thanks!
    Same on fibaro,  
  • watch out guys. not to happy.
    its the location of your phone that must be updating homey.
    so i think that homey work properbly evento vera an fibaro..
    dutch trans,
    ik denk dat homey wel goed werkt, evenals vera en fibaro en homewizard, maar dat de beperking is dat de locatie van je telefone niet altijd snel genoeg en goed word doorgegeven.

• watch out guys. not to happy.
    its The location of your phone that must be updating homey.
    dutch trans,
    ik denk dat homey wel goed werkt, evenals vera en fibaro en homewizard, maar dat de beperking is dat de locatie van je telefone niet altijd snel genoeg en goed word doorgegeven.

For Android the maximum delay is 2 minutes. I've tested this for the last few weeks now, and it works very well, very reliable, and really fast :)
  • superice said:
    watch out guys. not to happy.
    its The location of your phone that must be updating homey.
    dutch trans,

For Android the maximum delay is 2 minutes. I've tested this for the last few weeks now, and it works very well, very reliable, and really fast :)
    Great,  i kon not put a time on it.   and my second problem is that i first drive by my wifi point, then to the garage out my range, then i walk back in my wifi range...  
    so that is my problem.     i test it wen i get my homey.    thanks for repay.
    PimBliek said:
    Emile said:
    Yes! 

Thank @superice :wink: 
  • Emile said:
    PimBliek said:
    Emile said:
    Yes! 

Thank @superice :wink: 
    It was a joint effort ;)
  • And is it possible to add phones of people without giving them a homey account? For instance my cleaning lady and babysitter. When my wife and I leave our home, I would like that the light will stay on in those cases. This is the reason I stopped with Life360 icm with IFTT. Got some messages that the lights went off when we left our house.. :)
    Appie said:
    And is it possible to add phones of people without giving them a homey account? For instance my cleaning lady and babysitter. When my wife and I leave our home, I would like that the light will stay on in those cases. This is the reason I stopped with Life360 icm with IFTT. Got some messages that the lights went off when we left our house.. :)
    Nope, but in the future we want to introduce advanced user management with custom permissions.
  • Emile said:
    Appie said:
    And is it possible to add phones of people without giving them a homey account? For instance my cleaning lady and babysitter. When my wife and I leave our home, I would like that the light will stay on in those cases. This is the reason I stopped with Life360 icm with IFTT. Got some messages that the lights went off when we left our house.. :)
    Nope, but in the future we want to introduce advanced user management with custom permissions.

+1
  • superice said:
    What is the impact on your battery life? How is the Homey app affectedby "app optimization" and mechanics such as 'doze' in Marshmallow?
  • I hope you'll do this in the iOS app as well. And that it comes out fast. I don't have Android here.
  • Will this feature also work on Windows Phone 10?
  • Ronneman said:
    Will this feature also work on Windows Phone 10?
    +1
  • Ronneman said:
    Will this feature also work on Windows Phone 10?
    +1
    +1
  • -10 Just get a real phone ;-)
    Like? an Iphone? 
    Sorry can't affort it.  ;)
  • Real phone: http://bit.ly/1JzEFHz  ;)
    Is it supported? Looks Like 8K screen!. Those Knops look like real...  :D
    Like? an Iphone? 
    Please don't insult me! I was talking about a phone with android ;-)
    Like? an Iphone? 
    oke Got me there, Never intended to insult you.   :cold_sweat: 

So new threat, what is the best android phone to work with Homey.

Like? an Iphone? 
    oke Got me there, Never intended to insult you.   :cold_sweat: 

So new threat, what is the best android phone to work with Homey.

I can't really say there is a best phone, but I'm developing on a Nexus 5X :P
  • A really nice phone though!
    Have the Nexus 6 myself. Great phone!
This discussion has been closed.