This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Yamaha Receiver

2»

Comments

• Yes i know, i saw, but it takes about 2weeks..my question was, is it normal?
  • No, it didn't. There was less than 2 days between my submittal and Athom's approval.
  • Ok, i was checking the update in the store when you said that you send it to athom .. maybe i'm wrong anyway thank you again for your work and sorry if i have insulted you
  • Version 0.2.0 has been submitted for acceptance.
    This is a major update, which requires you to remove your current device and re-add your receiver.

Added functionality are support for tags, a mobile card (to change volume, switch input and turn on/off), support of multiple zones (Main_Zone and Zone_2, etc).

Please let me know if anything bad happens!
  • I have installed version 0.2.4 and when I set it, it works fine. Switching on, selecting source en setting volume. No problem. But after some time the connection is broken and homey can't see the reciever anymore. I have to install the reciever again including the flows. Can you help me to figer out where the problem is?
  • App will be updated in the coming days thanks to a massive effort by Frank - @CodeKing!
    Update 0.3.0 will support Yamaha MusicCast devices next to the normal Receivers. I believe everything should stay working after the update, but please check whether or not you might need to re-add the receiver.
  • App will be updated in the coming days thanks to a massive effort by Frank - @CodeKing!
    Update 0.3.0 will support Yamaha MusicCast devices next to the normal Receivers. I believe everything should stay working after the update, but please check whether or not you might need to re-add the receiver.
    Good news Koen! will there also be enhancements for the current receivers? (e.g. more buttons integrated in the action cards..)
  • @LaurensOuwerkerk Not this version. What buttons would you like to have integrated?
  • @KoenMartens mainly the navigation buttons being up, down, left, right and ok
    this way I can include in the flow to switch to net radio and to go through the menu to select one of the bookmarked radio stations

• Update 0.3.0 will support Yamaha MusicCast devices next to the normal Receivers. 
    Will this mean I will be able stream audio from Homey to a wx-303, or make Homey speak through it?  (dont have a Yamaha receiver yet)
  • OtaconOtacon Member
    edited August 2017
    @LaurensOuwerkerk I just opened a pull request which (once merged) will provide the ability to directly select a given line number for a control menu list. In other words, it will let you navigate the net radio menu to select one of the bookmarked radio stations.
  • Otacon said:
    @LaurensOuwerkerk I just opened a pull request which (once merged) will provide the ability to directly select a given line number for a control menu list. In other words, it will let you navigate the net radio menu to select one of the bookmarked radio stations.
    Great work!! waiting for a long time for this one
  • Otacon said:
    Perfect, looking forward to that!!! Tnx a lot!!
  • Already a big fan of this app and browsing net radio stations is a nice bonus
  • Will look at the pull request later today and probably push it to the app store. I'll also see if I can upgrade the app to SDK2 to make it work with Homey 1.5 and 2.0 in the future.
  • @KoenMartens did you get a chance to look at the pull request and/or did you encounter a issue? thx
  • KoenMartensKoenMartens Member
    edited August 2017
    @Otacon: didn't encounter issues, looks all good. I pushed it to the app store as beta, to 1) prevent anything I missed and 2) because people need to re-add the receiver in their flows.

EDIT: and accepted as beta
  • (Beta 0.3.1)
    Since a few days (updated to firmware Homey 1.5.9) the "Select Line X" on switching Internetradio stations works only once out of 10 times. Other commands do work. Only me?
  • My yamaha receiver or music cast devices is not listed as speakers but i can control them I'm i doing something wrong?
  • johed77 said:
    My yamaha receiver or music cast devices is not listed as speakers but i can control them I'm i doing something wrong?
    I don't have Musicast, but I was able to connect my Samsung speakers through the Spotify Connect App. First install that app, then add a new device, choose Spotify Connect. Then it found my speakers. Maybe that works for you. You could try the Chromecast-app as well.