This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[Published] Homekit for Homey

swtttswttt Member
edited February 2018 in Apps

Homeykit

Homeykit

With this app you can pair Homey to Homekit and control your devices using Siri.

After installing the app grab your iPhone or iPad. Got to the Home app on your iOS devices, click the + and add new accessory. Now you should be able to scan the code below, or add it manually.

Image of paircode

After Homey has paired with HomeKit all your devices will be added. When you add or remove a device from Homey the same wil happen in HomeKit.

A future release wil support excluding zones or devices from HomeKit.

The following classes are supported:

• Light (with RGB or Temperature)
  • Socket
  • Switch
  • Motionsensor (with lux and temp)
  • Doorlock
  • Door/Window sensor (with temp)
  • Thermostat
  • Windowblinds
  • Button

Issues & Feature requests

If you found any bugs you can create an issue on github .

Any other feature request can be added there as well.

Changelog

• Beta appstore release

• Initial release where has-node got replaced by hap-nodejs
The code can be found here: https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.homekit
Tagged:

Comments

• Again, great work @swttt!
    Can you include a link to the Github repository to the OP?
  • swtttswttt Member
    Thnx, added the link to the OP :smile:
  • Great work @swttt ;
    I am wondering how bad the 7 to 14 % cpu usage actualy is. I mean it may be a lot compaired to other apps, but it is still not much compared to what is available. Ok, it will generate more heat but I don't think that will be an issue (We can alwas drill holes in homeyd head :) )

• jordenjorden Member
    Great work so far, you rock!

I think it is about time for a Homey v2.0 with upgraded hardware and more memory :)
  • swtttswttt Member
    Ha thnx guys, the used lib does most of the heavy lifting tho.. :smile:
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    Wow, going to test tonight <3
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    Can't wait for 1.5!!!!!
    Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shut up and take my money
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited July 2017
    How do i let homey work with this app? is there a helpme ? Got it installed, but how do i connect it to my iPhone...

• swtttswttt Member
    Forgot to mention you need to add a env.json in de root directory with BEARER_TOKEN and your bearer token as value.

Then on pairing if it asks for a code use 200-20-200.
  • I cannot get it to work. It does show up in the ios app, but when try to add it i gets stuck at the loading screen. The app logs show that the server is running. Any idea?
  • swtttswttt Member
    @Reinier
    I expect you are running 1.5.0 DP?
    Does the log show the different light class devices?
    How does it get stuck? With the message not able to connect?

Had someone else who wanted to test with the same issue, where locally i paired it again without issues.
    You can contact met on Slack as well tho, to work out the issue.
  • swtttswttt Member
    By the way, you are using the right branche right? :)
  • JaxcJaxc Member
     Do you use mi-lights? For me i have thesame issues, and i think its related to mi-light 
  • ReinierReinier Member
    edited July 2017
    The logs show that devices are added. On the server side there is no message at all. On the app side it returns an error saying that it couldn't add Homey. I'm using the api-old branch and I don't have mi-lights.

The app log before and after I try to pair with "Woning" app:

3/4 - Running `com.swttt.homekit`, press CTRL+C to abort...
    4/4 - Debugging...

-------------------------------------------------
    tv light
    true undefined
    ikea-lamp
    true undefined
    kroonluchter
    false 0
    hanglampen
    true 0.47
    spotjes
    false 0
    HTTP Server Listening on 44021
    TCP Server Listening on 8091
    Bonjour is up
  • swtttswttt Member
    @Reinier
    My guess is that it has to do with the "undefined" values. Will look into it tho..

• swtttswttt Member
    Tried to fix the issue by forcing a value on init. It will get updated after that with the right values tho...
    Other then that the used lib got an update, had issues with the TCP connections that should be fixed now.
  • swtttswttt Member
    @Reinier

Did some more debugging, current GitHub version shows TCP debug as well.
    Any chance you could test that and see what the console outputs?
    Some more info might be helpful as well, like what iOS version did you try? What router are you using?
  • swtttswttt Member
    Did a code clean-up and using the new athom-api.
    Still running into issues when other users try the app :(
  • Still great work swttt, hope other developers Will help you make this app Amazing - Its already amazing. I really need homekit integration.. I love the easy interface and scenes... that Im missing alot from homey interface - for me Its actually unuseable.

following this project with excitement
  • ReflowReflow Member
    Same here, pretty impressive work @swttt !!
  • swtttswttt Member
    I wish i got get it to work before 1.5.0 ships to experimental...

Local no issues, but if someone else is testing it just don't wants to pair...even without devices...
  • @swttt Maybe stupid but.. could it be homekit passcode that has to be unique?

im willing to help - but I need to get access to the dev releases first.

my Homey is not in production use yet so I’m ready to test
  • swtttswttt Member
    Another update, and this one looks promising :smile:

Still untested, but i have high hopes the commit that was added to has-node will fix our issues not being able to pair for some users.

Other then that in SDK2 the high cpu usage has been fixed as well, now Homekit only uses around 45 mb of memory (thats less then Youless and Google Cast here) and only using 0 or 1 % CPU in idle.

When switching a light it jumps to 4% for a really short amount of time. And on waking up from "standby" it uses around 40% (for 1 or 2 sec).

I am still hoping that the current issues are resolved, and might be able to have it App Store ready before 1.5.0 will be pushed to experimental :smile:
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    Oh wow that is great!

In my eyes, this will be the greatest addition for Homey since homeydash. Especially when IOS11 will be released!
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited July 2017
    The fix seems to work :)

@Reinier
    Time for you to test as well ;)
  • It's working :D Devices are in sync, when i turn on/off on Homekit or on Homey the state is in sync. Great work and credits to @swttt !
  • Sounds like its worth testing now :)
  • swtttswttt Member
    Updated the first post.

Will look into some of the last issues left, and update with a settings page.

• M
    G

Awesome work again @swttt
  • swtttswttt Member
    Well, the devices part in the settings page is partial finished as well.
    Added support for motion sensors (including Lux).

Actually want to finish the bearer token part first now, so i can add it to the appstore as a beta app. Then first do some bug fixing etc. In the mean time i'll try to add some more device types (like locks and temperature).