This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Somfy RTS

Hi,

My Somfy RTS controlled blinds have never been working with Homey. I noticed an update 7 hours ago to version 2.1.3 of the app and I got my hopes up. Unfortunately the blinds just move for a second or 2 and then stop again. I have never seen any other behavior. 

Is this only me or is there a generic problem to open or shut the blinds with the Somfy RTS motors? 

Kind regards,

Edwin

Comments

• Does this link means that you propose to raise a github issue? 
  • No problems with Somfy here at all. Have only 1 but works like a charm for months now.
  • I don't have Somfy's but I read about the two seconds somewhere. For your convenience :
     https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/912#issuecomment-261528958
  • Thnx Bas. I posted my question/issue there as well. Looks like there is a specific issue for the tilt and lift 25 with the battery/solar powered option. I have 8 so a solution would make me very happy. I will receive the 220V adapters this week so I will test again when they are 220v powered.
  • EdJaH said:
    Hi,

My Somfy RTS controlled blinds have never been working with Homey. I noticed an update 7 hours ago to version 2.1.3 of the app and I got my hopes up. Unfortunately the blinds just move for a second or 2 and then stop again. I have never seen any other behavior. 

Is this only me or is there a generic problem to open or shut the blinds with the Somfy RTS motors? 

Kind regards,

Edwin
    Prior to the previous update some weeks ago I bever had mine runnig more than those 2 sec.. Since the upfate and re-assigning the devices it now works fine, and very reliable (using Sunevents app to trigger). As I was looking into buying a Somfy rts remote with a clock-timer @ 199 €. To decide throwing in a 100 € to let Homey do this and more was a great decision; Homey is a lot of fun-ctionalities!! 
  • Does homey also support the newer Somfy io blinds? Or is it limited to only RTS?
  • Hi,

Directly controlling my somfy screens via flows with the "Zet de status" card works like a charm. I made extra flows using the "De status is veranderd" card. These flows work OK when the screen are controlled by a "directly" flow but don't do anything when the Somfy remote is used. Should that not work too? 
  • JulianJulian Member
    I believe Somfy RTS is one-way, so using the remote of Somfy itself only triggers the screen and Homey will not be 'informed' by that action. 
  • Yup one way. Using remote will not trigger the flows. Have RTS myself am nit really bothered about that. Homey is just another vocal remote for me.
  • JulianJulian Member
    If you really want to use a physical remote you could for instance use a simple KAKU remote which you connect to Homey and program one of the buttons to the action of the screen. This way the action always goes through Homey. 
  • Thanks for the info jtebbens and the info/hint Julian
  • Not sure if it's related to the update to Homey 1.3.1, but I've noticed the last few days that when Homey closes the sunscreen, it only closes 90% of the way and then stops. 

Anyone else havingbthe same problem and know how to fix it?
  • anneanne Member
    For what it is worth, my Somfy RTS  controlled sunscreen still works perfectly (with 1.3.1).
  • Not sure if it's related to the update to Homey 1.3.1, but I've noticed the last few days that when Homey closes the sunscreen, it only closes 90% of the way and then stops. 

Anyone else havingbthe same problem and know how to fix it?

In my opion this can't be Homey's fault.
    I think Homey only gives a close or open command. Just like you push the remote ones.
    Cn you confirm when you push the remote from the sunscreen ones it closes a 100%?

I think you can fixed the issue by resetting the RTS (set new end point)

• Running 1.3.2 no issues with Somfy RTS
  • Since a couple of days my sunscreen doesn't work anymore with Homey en the app (2.2.1) crashes every time. When trying to install this app again it doesn't work. 

The thing is: it worked perfectly, until last week. what happened? Who else does have this issue?

Regards Bobby
  • baboonen said:
    Since a couple of days my sunscreen doesn't work anymore with Homey en the app (2.2.1) crashes every time. When trying to install this app again it doesn't work. 

The thing is: it worked perfectly, until last week. what happened? Who else does have this issue?

Regards Bobby

Got my 2 screens a week ago, installed fine and working without problems. 

Latest versions of homey stable and RTS app.
  • moorm2moorm2 Member
    baboonen said:
    Since a couple of days my sunscreen doesn't work anymore with Homey en the app (2.2.1) crashes every time. When trying to install this app again it doesn't work. 

Regards Bobby

Have the exact same problem. The screens pair, but do not work after. Tried everything, even a full reset of homey. Nothing seems to work.
  • anneanne Member
    Mine is broken too  :s 

I have sent a crash report.

It 's a $%#!$^ bummer dat exactly this app isn't in github, otherwise it would have been possible to revert to the previous version. Very frustrating to have updates break all functionality  :s

• glijieglijie Member
    edited July 2017
    no problems over here ..did you try to change the length of signals in the configuration ?
  • anneanne Member
    After PTP procedure my sunscreen works again. I have disabled updates for the app to prevent it from happening again. 
  • I removed the app and installed again. Now I can't even pair my blinds with homey...

Suggestions anyone?
  • anneanne Member
    Have you performed the PTP (pull the plug, force Homey to reboot) action? After doing this it worked again for me (although I did not remove/re-add the device). 
  • I indeed performed PTP. The app doesn't crash anymore. Now I can add the blinds again. Problem now is that nothing happens...
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited July 2017

maybe youre somfy memory is full, and you need to erase the old enteries.?? I also had this problem, after clearing the memory of the somfy, Homey was able to pair again.

See :

• moorm2moorm2 Member

maybe youre somfy memory is full, and you need to erase the old enteries.?? I also had this problem, after clearing the memory of the somfy, Homey was able to pair again.

See :

Somfy rts memory can't be full. I have heart this before, and after some research, it became clear that somfy just clears the first programmed slot when all memory slots are full.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2017
    Deleting the first programmed slot is a horrible thing to implement. 
    If the, for example, 4th entry is the entry you are not using anymore, but are still using 1, 2 and 3 you will need to repair these 3 entries all over again. 
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    moorm2 said:

See :

Somfy rts memory can't be full. I have heart this before, and after some research, it became clear that somfy just clears the first programmed slot when all memory slots are full.

For me that did not work, only after a complete reset i got it working with homey, and the original remote again.
  • moorm2moorm2 Member
    moorm2 said:

See :

For me that did not work, only after a complete reset i got it working with homey, and the original remote again.
    Ah oké, that is worth a try then. The reason i did research prior  to trying this. Is that i cant pull the plug very easy. Both screens are directly connected, without a plug or something. So that sucks a litle.