This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Candy - Productivity app

124»

Comments

• Do I need to make a flow for each restart of a crashed app? Or can I do something like the below?
    Or if not possible, could you add this (to allow the app id under the restart card)

• Do I need to make a flow for each restart of a crashed app? Or can I do something like the below?
    Or if not possible, could you add this (to allow the app id under the restart card)

Had the same problem :( love to here a solution :)

• 0.7.6 adds "restart app by id" action, which enables that kind of flows.
    Autocomplete fields does not allow card's tokens.
  • But where to find the app Id's! 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    MatjaLipu said:
    0.7.6 adds "restart app by id" action, which enables that kind of flows.
    Autocomplete fields does not allow card's tokens.
    Did you build in a safeguard with a delay? If one keeps restarting a faulty app Homey might well get into a loop like with the cards: when Homey starts - reboot...

Also: When updating Homey stops all apps in a harsh way to free up memory, will the apps automatically get restarted as long as Candy isn't stopped?
  • powermarcel10powermarcel10 Member
    edited May 2017
    bvdbos said:
    On the trigger-card:

So just making that flow, and next time an app crashed, it will sent me the specific app id to my Phone?

It will be nice if thea app has a kind of log btw.. 
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    @powermarcel10 this is build in homey self you don't need the app to do that.
    By setting this setting in the notification section of homey 

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Well, there's a restart app in 0.7.6 but I didn't install that version yet so couldn't give that as an example :-) But if you create this flow please make sure you set a time-out of 5 minutes before an apps get restarted.
  • KoenMartensKoenMartens Member
    edited May 2017
    - nvm
  • spoelly said:
    @powermarcel10 this is build in homey self you don't need the app to do that.
    By setting this setting in the notification section of homey 

Sorry I dont get it..

I want a notification on my Phone when an app has been crashed and I want it to show the ID of the app so that I can configure a flow that that app will restart next time automaticly.. 

I still dont get the wholo ID thing.. Why not just the name of the app..

• I still dont get the wholo ID thing.. Why not just the name of the app..
    That's exactly what restart app card does. You simply enter app NAME.
  • MatjaLipu said:
    I still dont get the wholo ID thing.. Why not just the name of the app..
    That's exactly what restart app card does. You simply enter app NAME.
    Sorry but it doesn't work like that I think.. This is how it works for me: 

Problem is that I have to know the ID of each app that does crash sometimes and I have no idea how to figure that out. Someone on the forum did know it for milight, but for the rest of the apps, I have no idea..
    If you have a better way to set this up, I'm really curious!

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2017
    Did you use version 0.7.6 (atm the latest version from Github)? Then do it like this:

You should use the card "Restart app by Id" and drag the id-tag from the trigger-card to the action-card...

• Aaaah thanks! No I'm just using the latest version from the store.. 0.7.5 

But this looks promising. With the flow you describe, I didn't need to create a flow for each individual  app right? It just restart every app after is has crashed I guess? 
  • 0.7.6. just published. have fun.
  • I was looking for a way to tell if a value (fe Temperature from my NetAtmo) is rising to close the blinds.

I could Ask Athom or build Code myself to add it to the NetAtmo app, but probably more ppl want to use that functionality (on other temperature, Humidity and other sensors)

I think (also) for the Code the Candy App - Condition - Value {not} changed in past.... comes closest. 

Would it be possible to add a (or 2) Conditions
    • If [Value] of Sensor is {not} Rising 
    • If [Value] of Sensor is {not} Falling 
    Where current value is Higher (or lower) than the past fe two values.
    (to prevent continually flipping between both  conditions) 

• canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    I installed Candy.
    It needs an API code it says find here and go to login of Homey.
    How find the API?

Found already it is the bearertoken
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited December 2017
    @canedje
    It is the bearer token. If you press right click on the homey icon (my athom)..you can see it in the link (last part)
  • mbalik79 said:
    @canedje
    It is the bearer token. If you press right click on the homey icon (my athom)..you can see it in the link (last part)
    Thanks I just found it
  • @MatjaLipu

Great the Candy app is there, which I use to monitor my Internet Connection every 5 minuten. Regularly my internet is reported to be off-line by Candy several times a day, while a ping monitoring tool on my PC (ping 8.8.8.8) confirms all is fine. I checked the WiFi log from my Meraki AP dashboard, which also shows no issues. What can be the issue, Candy reports it cannot connect to the cloud?