This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Smoke Sensor doens't trigger my homey scene

HarmLutjeboerHarmLutjeboer Member
edited April 2017 in Questions & Help
Last week I made some changes in the flows that I use for my smoke detection. I wanted the door to unlock with there is smoke/fire alarm. So I added this in the flow. I thought it would be nice to test the working of the flow. So I use a very nice sigar to generate some smoke and blew it into the fibaro smoke sensor. It would take then sensor less then a second to detect the smoke and make a really really loud nice. 

However, the smoke sensor didn't trigger my homey flows. It seems that the smoke sensor just don't send a signal to te homey at all. So I check the insights to check what is happening. The connection to homey seems to work fine, because I can readout the temperature form the smoke sensors. 

I deleted the smoke sensor and added it again. Excluding and Including went smooth. But the result is the same. When there is smoke detected, then nothing is gonna happen.

Is there anyone who knows how this is possible? 

Comments

• @HarmLutjeboer

Did test it today and i have the same results  :/  the flow is NOT triggered when the Alarm goes  :/

• I didn't test yet, but this is a serious issue. Just spent 250 euro on 5 of these devices. If they are not connected. Its useless.
  • glijie said:
    @HarmLutjeboer

Did test it today and i have the same results  :/  the flow is NOT triggered when the Alarm goes  :/

Did you also use the triggercard "de rookmelder gaat aan"? I'll gues thats the only card that (should) trigger when smoke is detected?

Maybe it is possible that the card is triggerd after some time. The day that I made this topic, I did test the smoke sensor. The following day at 3AM I received a massage on my phone that the smoke alarm was over. (I made also a flow with "de rookmelder gaat uit" en send a massage to my phone. So this flow DID trigger, after a long time.

quakerix said:
    I didn't test yet, but this is a serious issue. Just spent 250 euro on 5 of these devices. If they are not connected. Its useless.
    Maybe you can test is also, I like to know if there are more people with the same problem. BTW, the devices are connected. Reader the temperature sensor in it works fine. For some reason the "De rookmelder gaat aan" triggercard doesn't seems to trigger.
  • Could you guys look into the zwave log (settings -> zwave -> stuff for geeks) what message comes in on homey for the smoke sensor (the data part is the most important) 
  • caseda said:
    Could you guys look into the zwave log (settings -> zwave -> stuff for geeks) what message comes in on homey for the smoke sensor (the data part is the most important) 
    When I get home today, I will test it again and see what is happening in the z-wave log.

• @mruiter reported this issue a year ago in this topic. Is it realy possible that since then the trigger card doesn't work?

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1402/fibaro-smoke-sensor-v2
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2017
    The driver has been updated since then,
    but possible that no flows would trigger, but that is always the case and something you definitely don't want to rely on fully at all..

What if homey is the cause of the fire and can't do anything to notify you or do something outside from the smoke sensor 's sound itself :wink:
  • caseda said:
    The driver has been updated since then,
    but possible that no flows would trigger, but that is always the case and something you definitely don't want to rely on fully at all..

What if homey is the cause of the fire and can't do anything to notify you or do something outside from the smoke sensor 's sound itself :wink:
    That is true. However the smoke sensors do make a realy loud noise from themselves. That should be enough to get your atention when you are at home. All the things that we can do with homey are just some extra's we can add to make it even more safe. In my case; all the lights go on (on white), I (and my girlfriend) get a message on my phone, and my front door is opening itself.
  • I have the same issue. I tested it. I put some smoke next to a sensor. No triggers executed in Homey. I do see information in Z-wave log.

I think this is a huge issue, these smoke sensors are now expensive very stupid smoke sensors.
  • @quakerix

Thx for testing it and created an issue at github. Now waiting for the result.

• Seeing only a security message come in (according to the screenshot, was waiting for a screenshot like that :wink:), it can be a lot of things, but most likely something in the core that needs te be changed/fixed.

so might take a while for it to be fixed (and thus most likely need more then an app fix)
  • rtnartna Member
    Just ordered 2 sensors today.... Hope they will work with Homey soon. Or maybe I will send them back.... I am a happy Homey user since a couple of weeks but these kind of problems with hardware wich should be supported is not good for user experience.
  • Does anyone have more news of new experiences with the smoke sensors? 
  • It should be fixt in update V1.4.3  

https://apps.athom.com/app/com.fibaro

I gonna test it soon.

• HarmLutjeboerHarmLutjeboer Member
    edited April 2017
    Today I received another two smoke sensors from Fibaro. I installed them and of course tested them. The trigger card "de rookmelder gaat aan" seems to work fine now. The flow that I made did trigger as aspected. Also the card "de rookmelder gaat uit" works now. 
  • rtnartna Member
    It should be fixt in update V1.4.3  

I gonna test it soon.

Should I add the smoke sensors again when the update is installed? 

I had installed two sensors before on the old drive and still no smoke detection. On the new sensor I installed today I have smoke detection
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2017
    @rtna if it is the non zwave plus version you have 2 options, add homeys id ( 1 ) to association groep 1
    or indeed re-pair

For the zwave plus version it should fix itself on homey reboot, or wakeup of the device (3x press of the button) 
  • rtnartna Member
    edited April 2017
    caseda said:
    @rtna if it is the non zwave plus version you have 2 options, add homeys id ( 1 ) to association groep 1
    or indeed re-pair

For the zwave plus version it should fix itself on homey reboot, or wakeup of the device (3x press of the button) 
    I have the zwave plus version. The wakeup did not work for some reason. Still no updates on the alarm status. Temperature was ok. What finally did the trick was a test alarm. It is working as expected now. Alarm status is reported on all sensors and flows are triggered when the alarm is on.
  • quakerixquakerix Member
    edited April 2017
    rtna said:
    caseda said:
    or indeed re-pair

I have the zwave plus version. The wakeup did not work for some reason. Still no updates on the alarm status. Temperature was ok. What finally did the trick was a test alarm. It is working as expected now. Alarm status is reported on all sensors and flows are triggered when the alarm is on.
    can you show how the device looks like? For me nothing has changed. No battery/smoke alarm/heat alarm. But I'll need to do a test i guess using some smoke.

• HarmLutjeboerHarmLutjeboer Member
    edited April 2017
    rtna said:
    It should be fixt in update V1.4.3  

I gonna test it soon.
    Should I add the smoke sensors again when the update is installed? 

I had installed two sensors before on the old drive and still no smoke detection. On the new sensor I installed today I have smoke detection
    Don't know for sure if this is necessary, but I did it anyway. I had just 2 smoke sensors and yesterday I received another two. So I removed the two smoke sensors that I have and reset them to factory settings. After that I connected them all. 

Again like my first test, I took a really nice sigar to make some smoke. This time it works perfect.