This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• lol.... sorry :) just look forward to the benefits :) 
  • Could you add a virtual timer app?  Homey doesn't support a timer/alarm app. So it would be perfect, if i could use my tablet with HomeyDash to control all devices and to set individuall timer over a widget.

For example, a timer widget kitchen like  http://www.cssauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Timer-Widget-PSD1.jpg to set a timer with a flow or variable.

If the time reaches 0 then trigger flow alarm (hue or other lamps switch to red, Sonos play or what ever you wanna use to inform you)

Then i know that my food/wash or something else is finished.  I think many users would love this feature.

Example:
    I turn my cooker on and my food needs 18 minutes. I set the timer widget to 18 minutes. And after the 18 minutes a flow or variable will be started or set (variable).

Or

I turn my washing machine or dishwasher on and the machine program needs x minutes. I set the timer widget to x minutes.

By the way:
    Normally your Dashboard should be a native feature in Homey and Homey should support community widget like apps.

Undreamt-of possibilities like Webcam Widget, calendar widget, news widget, Sonos current track with Album widget.

• Jschuetz said:
    Could you add a virtual timer app?  Homey doesn't support a timer/alarm app. So it would be perfect, if i could use my tablet with HomeyDash to control all devices and to set individuall timer over a widget.

For example, a timer widget kitchen like  http://www.cssauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Timer-Widget-PSD1.jpg to set a timer with a flow or variable.

If the time reaches 0 then trigger flow alarm (hue or other lamps switch to red, Sonos play or what ever you wanna use to inform you)

Then i know that my food/wash or something else is finished.  I think many users would love this feature.

Example:
    I turn my cooker on and my food needs 18 minutes. I set the timer widget to 18 minutes. And after the 18 minutes a flow or variable will be started or set (variable).

Or

I turn my washing machine or dishwasher on and the machine program needs x minutes. I set the timer widget to x minutes.

By the way:
    Normally your Dashboard should be a native feature in Homey and Homey should support community widget like apps.

Undreamt-of possibilities like Webcam Widget, calendar widget, news widget, Sonos current track with Album widget.

It's a voice command

Reminders

-Set a reminder 2 minutes and 30 seconds from now
    -Remind me to take out the trash tomorrow morning at 9
    -Set a timer to take the pizza out of the oven in 12 minutes
    -Help me remember to pick up the dry cleaning tomorrow at 4 in the afternoon

• Little update:
    So far for the little update :smile:

Haven't been 100% fit the last days, so not much progress and try to get a bit more sleep then last week :smile:
    I did fixed the current background issue in 0.0.5 beta, but found out some other interesting stuff as well.

Since we need to get the cookie for the socket.io connection (this connection gets realtime updates from homey when a device changes) to work, i noticed that all the regular http calls to the rest api make use of the same cookie. In short this means that we actually don't really need to provide a bearer token as long as we are logged in. I am not sure how Athom is going to handle my idea, but instead of entering a bearer token i planned to "Ask the user for permission" to use the bearer token from the cookie.

This still doesn't tackle the issue with the session cookie. Like the name says, this cookie is there only for the current session. iOS removes the session after closing the app or switching to an other one. Android takes a bit longer, but still removes the session after a while. Still saving the bearer token to the localstorage fixes this issue for the regular http calls, but not for the socket.io connection. And moving back to polling homey feels like allot of steps back...

I am still trying to find a solid solution, without compromising the security of your bearer token.
    For now it works with logging in every time the session expires. For most dedicated dashboards this ain't a real problem since the session shouldn't expire. Before releasing 0.0.5 to the appstore, i still have 2 fixes to do. I need to use/create a new slider that does function on android as well. And i need to make sure you can add a device multiple times to a page and delete the right one. Now it allways deletes the device with the same device id that is added last.
  • Actually just found a valid work around for the cookie issue. Will try to finish 0.0.5 including this work-around this weekend. And if no big bugs are found, i'll push it to the appstore early next week.
  • Great to hear @swttt
  • phbphb Member
    Top great work !!@swttt ;
  • Soooo....updated the beta on github. Still have one fix left to do, and that is the slider. For now it isn't reacting nicely on Android.

Complete changelog for now:
    - Removed Hapi service from the app
    - Made the dashboard available trough the athom cloud (secured)
    - Changed the settings page with links (new urls to access the dashboard!)
    - Default pages are stored local (every dashboard can have it's own default page)
    - Added a setting to dimm the dashboard on idle (default 5 seconds, can be disabled)
    - Drag and drop for pages and widgets in setup->pages page (to change order)
    - Background image is the same as homey it's background
    - Removed dialogs for add and remove page/widgets.
    - Added socket icon for On/Off capability
    - Added dim capability
    - Page name can be changed
    - Added a reload button
    - Removed the need for bearer token
    - Fixed issue with cookies (and socket.io)
    - Added a warning dialog
  • For those of you looking for some wall mount, maybe first experiment with some cheap solution that also looks nice (if you are creative): https://handyhero.nl/wat-is-sugru/

For less than 10 euro you are able to make a flexible wall mount. I just ordered an 8 pack for an iPad wall mount in the kitchen and some for other stuff (toilet paper hanger...  :D )
  • Update of list 15/01/2017

Very important:

Delete Widgets (not deleting the selected one) = Fixed
    Background image not full page (I don't have this problem but my screen is on 800x600) = Working for me can people who had this problem respond if it's fixed with new version on github? (my res are: 1280x800 + 1366x768 + 800x600)

Would be great:
    Multi select widgets
    Make a page refresh option (on homey icon or icon next to setup icon) = Fixed
    No background image visible even after changing it in homey settings (Only having this on Microsoft Surface RT) = Fixed
    Button for menu (for if you hide menu but are not able to swipe the menu back like on windows systems) = Fixed with new menu button style
    Setup option "fixed menu" (so using dimmer swipe right --> left doesn't hide menu) = Fixed with new menu button style

Would be nice:
    change icons (especially sockets)
    Maybe it's possible to create an extra capability named button sockets that would create a push button instead of on/off

This is the list I remember maybe others have extra things
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited January 2017
    Going to push the current beta to the appstore :smile:

Hope they agree with the way it handles things now....
  • Wow, great! 
  • swttt said:

Hope they agree with the way it handles things now....
    They better will...  :D
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    Appie said:
    For those of you looking for some wall mount, maybe first experiment with some cheap solution that also looks nice (if you are creative): https://handyhero.nl/wat-is-sugru/

For less than 10 euro you are able to make a flexible wall mount. I just ordered an 8 pack for an iPad wall mount in the kitchen and some for other stuff (toilet paper hanger...  :D )
    Bought this one at the action for 6 euro's. Remove the cover like somebody already mentioned here and screw it to the wall. Works nice!

I'm intrigued by this sugru stuff though thanks for listing!
  • Jschuetz said:
    Could you add a virtual timer app?  Homey doesn't support a timer/alarm app. So it would be perfect, if i could use my tablet with HomeyDash to control all devices and to set individuall timer over a widget.

Example:

Or

By the way:

It's a voice command

Reminders

-Set a reminder 2 minutes and 30 seconds from now
    -Remind me to take out the trash tomorrow morning at 9
    -Set a timer to take the pizza out of the oven in 12 minutes
    -Help me remember to pick up the dry cleaning tomorrow at 4 in the afternoon

That's true but homey is in to far away and i wanna use the Dashboard not the bad homey app. And i wanna see the timer with the time on the Dashboard. You can see there are many different reasons for me. 
  • @swttt
    i'm waiting for 0.0.5. :-)
  • Me too :( Go spam weejewel :tongue:
    Still awaiting aproval...
  • Still not approved?

• Nope :(
  • Side-note: are you sure you actually have submitted your app instead of leaving it at the pre-submission stage? I've had it at the very least 5 times that I was wondering why my update never got approved, just to realize that I never pressed that damn button ;)
  • @KoenMartens
    Ye sure i did that :smile:

• Maybe Athom is not liking that you build a better dash then they did? ;) 
  • I am not even sure what they are doing (or even looked at it and discussing it). 
    For now i stalled development, because making allot of changes now on this code base isn't the best thing to do. (not if i find out that i need to revert allot of it)

I totally agree if they would say "Dit is op het randje..en er misschien net overheen", but to be fair...they don't give any other "good" options to do this. The way how i handled things in 0.0.5 are the most logical steps i could make...and i did include some disclaimers so users know the risk. A bearer token can harm your settings and/or devices. (delete them, edit them etc.)

Worst case scenario: Someone fished your bearer token, logged into your homey account and found your location (cause homey knows this even better if you set it manually, i actually really pointed at my home). He would be able to see if you are at home or not (presence detection) and would be able to disable any PIR's, Alarm flows or homey in general.
  • this is getting ridiculous... taking way to much time

• Emile wrote on Facebook that a Dashboards-update for Homey is coming.... As I understand it, Athom will release their own dashboard.
  • @OpenMind_NL Their dashboard still takes a while as far as i know. Seen a roadmap somewhere here on the forum.
    If thats the case, they would have stopped me on the initial appstore submit, and note on an update...
  • Have you tried contacting them?
  • Really weird... Why don't they respond?

As far as I can see you submitted January 22nd? This is already 8 days ago....
    @athom should applaud members like @swttt not frustrate his efforts.

Come on @athom, @Annemarie GET TO IT!!!

• They replied :smile:
    One small bug fix (old code thats still in there actually) and it gets aproved...