This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• Jesper said:
    @Menno I figured out how the bitflips work. For now it's I nice workaround. However, now you could accidentally (or maybe intentionally if you do not want your GF to see that you are home or away ;)) switch if on or off and then the presence is not correct anymore. So just having status cards in HomeyDash would be better (also for other apps).

I also noticed you are not using the Smart Presence app. Does the regular presence detection from Homey works good enough for you?

HomeyDash is already a great app and it's just version v.0.0.4. I think the Homey's sold in the retail should have this app pre-installed on their Homey's (with a small manual in the box). An app like this could really improve the "Homey experience" for new customers @Stefan @Emile. @Annemarie I would already like to nominate HomeyDash for the app of the year 2017  :).

BTW: I also have HomeyDash added to the app menu on my LG TV to be able top control my lighting with the Magic Remote  B)

Hello,
    How do you put the app in de LG TV menu?

• Just got back from a weekend away :smile: Little bit a hangover, but will fix some of the first issues in the beta release tonight! 

The wizard UI might change a lot in the future. For now it works, and i would like to keep it that way until i need to add extra stuff :smile:

Will fix the slider, and look for an alternative way for the the opening and closing of the sidebar...

• Could someone sum up the most anoying things in the beta release for me? So i can update them tonight...
  • @swttt Sounds like a good weekend ;-)

Very important:
    Delete Widgets (not deleting the selected one)
    Background image not full page (I don't have this problem but my screen is on 800x600)

Would be great:
    Multi select widgets
    Make a page refresh option (on homey icon or icon next to setup icon)
    No background image visible even after changing it in homey settings (Only having this on Microsoft Surface RT)
    Button for menu (for if you hide menu but are not able to swipe the menu back like on windows systems)
    Setup option "fixed menu" (so using dimmer swipe right --> left doesn't hide menu)

Would be nice:
    change icons (especially sockets)
    Maybe it's possible to create an extra capability named button sockets that would create a push button instead of on/off

This is the list I remember maybe others have extra things

• And of course issues on github

• If you need any more inspiration, I found another great Home automation GUI: https://home-assistant.io/demo/
  • I have a future vision/idea (which might be nice):
    Making sub-group cards which would stretch vertically for multiple rows. In these cards, multiple devices can be added and turned on/off (if you would exclude it to the onoff capability for example). At the top of this card, however, a single switch is placed to turn all these devices on/off simultaniously. A perfect example for this would be the 'Woonkamer' page, which would contain a multi-card with all the lights in the living room. Sometimes you want to change just 1 light, but often you would want to turn on/off all lights.

I'm not sure how difficult this would be to make, but this would be absolutely stunning.
  • Apart from the visual aspect this is already possible? I have made a BL variable that changes all my Living Room lights the way I want it, normal for well, normal, low when I watch a movie and 100% when my son want to play with his lego :smiley: This way it is easier to maintain and via the Bitflip switch I can switch the correct scene via one button (I have got that currently on my Homeydash). I understood that the BL creator will also make a virtual button only, so for the HomeyDash that would be very nice! 
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited January 2017
    @KoenMartens
    Wil think about it, might be a way to do this nicely :smile:

To all others that use slack, i want to discuss the beta releases there. Since the channel is private, PM me if you want an invite :smile:
  • @Julian Yes, this is surely possible with a BL/bitflip combination. However, the visual part of this is 'meh' in a dashboard (or any other UI whatsoever). 

@swttt: Sounds great! Thanks!
  • @Menno
    Are you on Slack as well? Would be nice to have you in the homeydash beta channel :tongue:
    Since you really test allot :smile:
  • @RemcoHannink
    Indeed that one has a nice UI as well. Used it before Homey :smile:
    So even without ever looking back, some elements might look the same.
  • @swttt not yet but will make one
  • Seems like there is a virtual button BTW
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited January 2017
    Seen that, talked with Patrick about it. Is using a standard capability, and should already work :smile:
    Other standcapability then on/off so needs to be added...
  • If you need any more inspiration, I found another great Home automation GUI: https://home-assistant.io/demo/
    This really looks a lot like HomeyDash already I think.  The size of the cards, the on/off slider, ... :)

Would love to have the camera preview in the dash! :smiley:
  • Phuturist said:
    What did you use, beacuse it looks GREAT!!!!!!
    The cheapest case I could find with one of those flaps on the screen - which i cut off :) 
    Behind it is actually an electrical socket 'hole' so i drilled 2 holes in the case and screwed it into the screwholes of the socket... and presto it seems pretty strong :>

(i mean the 'inbouwdoos' but no idea what that is in english ... build-in-box.. :))
    @Phuturist      smart guy, die eric van putten.        mooi hoor :p
    Lucky him, here there are no sockets on eye level ...  :o
    thanks guys... its actually an old location for the old intercom system.
    the contractor 'forgot' to remove that 'inbouwdoos' but in this case its a lucky solution ;) 

also we wanted to have a new intercom system + door electronic strike (unlock option) but that would cost us 1200 euros :S (for an old ugly intercom) so now with homey and Ring doorbell it will be a lot more affordable :) and cooler.
  • @swttt
    I noticed that the status of my lights in de homey dash are off sync with the status in the Homey app. Dimmable lights ar bright yellow in Homeydash and greyed out in Homey app. When I slide the dim level to zero they also grey out in dashboard.
  • I accidentally did hide the setup button, how can I show this button again? 
  • @johan_kreeft just remove everything from the url until the #/ and add setup
  • thanks, found it. :)
  • Maybe it's an idea to add a settings link to the settings screen where you also enter the bearer token? This way there's always a fallback in case this happens again to someone ;)
  • Like this ;)

• iemand een idee wanneer 0.0.5 beschikbaar komt? 
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    I think @swttt knows and maybe github ;-)
  •  SOON Arrow on Apple iOS 102
    very very hehe
  • Now!!! at the local github store near you.

• Menno said:

Now!!! at the local github store near you.

Already up-to-date.

:angry: