This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey app

2»

Comments

• Great for troubleshooting, comparing, having fun or even when you are on vacation... awesome .. just awesome. Can you select what parts of homey someone else can connect to? Could be usefull in hotels etc.

• You mean like a security schema across all devices with different kind of rights?

As far as I'm concerned that would be a nice thing to have later on when the device proves to be stable and all weird and unpredicted bugs are all sorted out.
    And other stuff like a Android, iPhone and Windows Phone app.

• MichaelMichael Member
    edited July 2015

honey said:
    Do you plan to make some sort dashboard layout so to have a visual interface on a wall mounted/recessed tablet? This would allow users to change temperature, scenes etc and get a nice visual status feedback...

If the API is going to be useful you can also write your own interface and only display the items you want. I have an Eneco Toon mounted on the wall and I must admit that I kind of like the interface and with the new update also the speed improved. For me this is a great example on how a proper wall mounted home automation controller should look like. Showing the basic measurements of the home and provide quick access to a few scenarios would nail it for me. Unfortunately the Toon system is very closed, so Homey would be the solution there!

• jovinkjovink Member

Maybe a idea to create your own layout and post it to the App Store so that everybody can use it.

• I don't know if it's possible to create layouts. @Emile?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

What kind of layout?

• For on a tabled on the wall, like Toon.
    I guess a web layout?

Ah. Well, as we're not making one (at least not now), it's not possible, no ;-)

• But there is a web layout?

For smartphones, yup.

• So that can be used on the wall tablet?

Yeah, sure, you can just navigate to that address on any webkit browser :)

• And there will be a REST API right? So it shouldn't be too hard to create an interface for your own.

Exactly. Basically everything we make works with Homey's API. So if you don't like ours, well, build your own interface ;)

• MarcoFMarcoF Member

Emile said:
    If you create your own driver, the icon will default to the system's icon for that device class (fan in this case). You can overwrite that with any icon if you'd like.

If it's a device that more people might have, you can ask Ivo to design an icon for your app! We want to keep everything uniform so that it looks great.

Great! Looking forward to receive my homey and create some (private) apps/drivers.

• Are you also developing a Windows 10 Universal App?

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited July 2015

MarcoF said:

Great! Looking forward to receive my homey and create some (private) apps/drivers.

+1
    Looking forward to add my Samsung Smart Aircon (with wifi :-D) to Homey to read out the temp on the attic and program it 'smart'!

Sharing is caring! :D

• MarcoFMarcoF Member

@emile:
    I'm going to make a app for my robot Electronics relaisboard. I will share the app, but my experience is that almost no one is using these boards. I use the relays on the board to parallel switch the Remote switches of the itho ventbox. For this i need some kind of option to assing somesort of virtual device to an relay of the board.

For example;
    The board has 8 relays and 4 of them i want to use for the ventilation.

• Emile said:
    Sharing is caring! :D

Off course I will share.
    Hope to download other free apps as well.

If we can help each other out this way that would be great!

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited July 2015

MarcoF said:
    @emile:
    I'm going to make a app for my robot Electronics relaisboard. I will share the app, but my experience is that almost no one is using these boards. I use the relays on the board to parallel switch the Remote switches of the itho ventbox. For this i need some kind of option to assing somesort of virtual device to an relay of the board.

For example;

Is or will this be possible in the (near) future?

Yes, you can make a driver for your device.

Even better, if you make it a generic 'socket switch', you can tell Homey what's plugged in. So for example, if you create a relay, wire it to a light, Homey will also turn it on or off when you say 'Lights off!'. I'm really proud of this functionality, haha :-)

• MarcoFMarcoF Member

That sounds great!!

Would love to work on the driver :)

• I can see why your proud of it! You should be!

• MarcoF said:

MarcoF said:
    @emile:

For example;

Is or will this be possible in the (near) future?

Hello Marco, I have an wifi electronic relayboard and i am interested in your app.
    Is it possible that i can download your app.

• Robs said:
    Hello Marco, I have an wifi electronic relayboard and i am interested in your app.
    Is it possible that i can download your app.

Marco returned his Homey sometime last year, got a refund, and hasn't been seen on this forum since. So I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an answer.