This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• The installation of the application has gone well, only when I add a page I get an error message.

ERROR:[object Object]

Are there other people with the same problem?

• Homeyuser said:

The installation of the application has gone well, only when I add a page I get an error message.

Did you fill in your bearer token in the settings page?
  • Fire69 said:
    Homeyuser said:

The installation of the application has gone well, only when I add a page I get an error message.

Did you fill in your bearer token in the settings page?

Thanx Fire69, I solved teh problem. Only de bearer token instead of the whole url was enough.
  • swttt said:

Nice! Will this work on an iDevice? Is it possible to communicate realtime with the inbuild camera from Safari?
  • @DaneeDeKruyff
    Untested, found it during work hours ;)
    This might even a better (angular) solution https://github.com/janantala/angular-adaptive-motion
    Will need to finish the page ordering (drag and drop first) and then will look into these fun things :smile:
  • @swttt i can't seem to install 0.0.5 from git. Did a download from the homey-cloud branch.. but it won't install am i doing something wrong?
  • @spoelly
    It should work. Isn't it installing at all? The url is changed, so you might need to check the settings etc.
    Could even be you need to uninstall the current app to get everything going. (not sure what version is on github atm, on my way home now :smile: )
  • Did that already, the blue led ring is 1 sec appearing and gone no app installed. Will try it again
  • @spoelly
    The app installs quickly tho, 1 sec should do (mine takes only 1 sec as well) :smile:
    No depencies since it runs on homey's internal server. The only thing the install or run command is doing is copying over some webfiles...thats a<span>:smiley:</span>

Be sure to check the settings page, since the url of the dashboard changed as well. 

• ahhh you did not update the version number yet to 0.0.5  :p

One thing i noticed on the setting page:

the checkboxes are not in line ;)
  • Wow dimming works great! one small request.. could you make the favicon another color (or more color) than black? you don't see it on a tablet.. due to backgrounds
  • @spoelly
    That checkbox is fixed already ;) local i am further then github atm
    Splashscreens and icons are on the todo list, the icon on iOS is already nicer then the one on android.
  • ok nice work thought working perfect. Had to mail the url so that i can access the dashboard because homey settings does not scroll right on a 7 inch tablet ;) 
  • huhm...you could use my.athom.com, login... add /app/com.swttt.homeydash/ behind the basic url
    You don't even need to use the cloud id

• ok will do thanks! would be nice if it is posible to access it like so:

http://<cloud id or IP>/app/homeydash/

But i think this would be a athom thing??
  • Well, might be my app naming...not sure if i can switch that back :blush:

On the other hand, finished dragg and drop for the pages. You guys care to test? :smile:
    Going to work on the widgets now, and try to get rid of these dialogs :/
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited January 2017
    oh by the way, you will have to start from scratch! uninstall the previous version first...

Noticed the lay out fucked up, so going to fix that...everything else should work tho :smile:

Oh...and another thing. Drag and drop isn't working with touch YET.
  • ok @swttt installed it. Noticed some things:

- default page selection is not a name but a number?

- I can't seem to drag and drop... so everything is sorted verticaly

• @spoelly
    Ye forgot about the layout. I was hyped to showed it to you guys :smile:
    Default page is fixed already, and drag and drop only works on pages. (non touch for now, fixing that as well)
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited January 2017
    ahh ok that explained allot ;)
    But can you fix the cards that the are added horizontale?

• ow one other thing, dim function is only 5 sec for now? setting it to 10 will still dim at 5 sec.
  • @spoelly
    Fixing the layout now, will update soon :smile:
    You need to refresh the page after setting the dim

• ahh ok that works ;)
  • Soooooooo...time for an update again.

Spend some time to add drag and drop to change page and widget order. Eventually edited the dialog that pops up when you add a page. (provided some images below)...and i promise, next up is the ability to add other capabilities.
    I even build in a nice suprise, who finds it first?

Current changelog for 0.0.5:
    - Removed Hapi service from the app
    - Made the dashboard available trough the athom cloud (secured)
    - Changed the settings page with links (new urls to access the dashboard!)
    - Default pages are stored local (every dashboard can have it's own default page)
    - Added a setting to dimm the dashboard on idle (default 5 seconds, can be disabled)
    - Drag and drop for pages and widgets in setup->pages page (to change order)
    - New look for setup->pages
    - **HIDDEN** <<-- Nice suprise, who sees it first? :smile:

• Oh by the way, the current beta on github has no widget dialog! So for now you can't add any widgets.
    No need to install it for now :smile:
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @swttt
    Don't think this is your (hidden) feature it seems like when I create a new page and on that page I try to add a widget it is linked again to new page. So I don't get the screen where I can add a device.as widget
    Also I didn't have a background color
  • Hi @swttt
    can i have one feature request? can you put a keypad plugin like this one for login or to secure one button? I have Bitflips for my Security Flows and would be nice if they are secured witch PIN. Example for Device: i click on the Button and the Keypad is poping up , after the right PIN the Button is toggled? Or to secure a whole Room: click on the room, ask for PIN, when OK open the Room. Or to secure the whole Dashboard after couple seconds timeout?

Tnx
  • @Menno
    1 post before you:
    "Oh by the way, the current beta on github has no widget dialog! So for now you can't add any widgets.
    No need to install it for now " :wink:

@viktor
    In theory thats not how the dashboard was/is planned. I did thought about adding a security panel to unarm or arm your system. But not per page...
  • Whole dashboard can allready be done by not keeping the screen of your device on and enabling a password to unlock.