This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• @spydrone should be possible with any android tablet and the app "tasker". This has a plugin wich is discussed somewhere earlier in this topic to notice motion sensing with the front camera.
  • You can do this with android apps, motion detector and tasker. But then the screen never goes off.. only goes black
  • vanillasskyvanillassky Member
    edited January 2017
    Spydrone said:
    Do you guys know about a tablet with motion detection. So if it would detect motion the screens brightness will boost from dimmed to bright? It should always be active too. This way you would never have to unlock the device. You could just walk towards it or pick it up and do your thing.
    There are some apps which use the front facing camera to detect motion, together with something like tasker your idea could be realized. 

Other idea from a forum: ''We use a tablet as a photo frame (among other uses) in our kitchen. The tablet is in a dock that is plugged into an in-wall z-wave receptacle. I have a motion sensor that will turn on the receptacle if motion is detected. The tablet is set up to wake when plugged in''
  • 0burner0 said:
    Menno said:
    Just for people looking for a wallmount device:  Vogel's tms 1010 by bol.com for 29.99 euro (I've ordered one )
    I've been looking at these as well but these cannot be screwed on but use tape. They are meant to stick on bathroom tiles if I read correctly.
    They also have a mount for the same holder that can be screwed on but it is a lot more expensive...
    First response in the link:
    So yes you can screw it on the wall.
    Problem what I'm thinking about is the ugly cable.

Prima muurbeugel
    • Bleitje
    •  
    • 60-69 jaar
    •  
    • Purmerend
    •  
    • 27 december 2016
    • Goede kwaliteit
    • mooie vormgeving
    • Praktisch

Ik heb dit systeem gekocht voor mijn zoon die een tablet gebruikt om de energie in huis bij te houden.
    De beugel past perfect op zijn Asus tablet. Nadat de Vogel'sRingO op de muur was geschroefd kon de tablet in een oogwenk aan de muur worden bevestigd en ook erg makkelijk weer van de muur af. Het resultaat is een strak tegen de muur geplaatste tablet die niet onder doet voor en eruit ziet als TOON.
    Kortom, een aanrader

I stand corrected, apologies for the incorrect information. It was not clear on the Vogel's site that there was also a possibility for screwing it on the wall.
  • swttt said:
    You guys seen the one at robbshop? Expensive, but i think thats going to be the way i am going to mount it in the livingroom. (https://www.robbshop.nl/sdock-ipad-mini-houder-zwart-met-lightning-connector)

Other rooms ill just do some soldering and drilling on the back (drill holes in de back panel for fixing to the wall, soldering for using charge cable directly to the back)
    Look at www.hedgie.net
    A simple product to attache your tablet to a wall.

• Spydrone said:
    Do you guys know about a tablet with motion detection. So if it would detect motion the screens brightness will boost from dimmed to bright? It should always be active too. This way you would never have to unlock the device. You could just walk towards it or pick it up and do your thing.
    My tablet never get locked. I've connected the tablet to a power socket.
    The configuratiion of the Android tablet is so that it always stays on.
    When the status is 'Home' then the power socket is on. On all other status (Sleep, vacation,etc) the socket is off. 
    The screen of the tablet goes on black.
  • Another progress update guys:

I didn't got to adding the dim widget yet. Need to change allot more then just adding dim, need to edit the way widgets get added in general. On the plus side, when this part is working...it will be easy to add other capabilities and widget types as well :smile:

I did finished the ability to use the dashboard trough the cloud (in a secure way). When you go to the dashboard and don't have the homey cookie stored, you get redirected to login. After login you will get redirected back to the dashboard. Then it will be able to get the config.json (that one needs an auth now to get). And the dashboard will show. It has one downside, if you have entered an incorrect bearer_token you will get asked to go back to settings. You might need to login again, edit or enter the bearer token. Go back to the dashboard, login again and if the bearer_token is correct it just works from now on. There isn't another way to get this working now...

So in the next update you will be able to run the dashboard in the cloud as well.

It depends on how fast i can get the new "add widget" dialog working, but i hope to release this at the same time somewhere the coming days. If it takes too long, i'll publish the current version first.
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @swttt nice to hear you got the cloud version working and indeed take your time for it.
    Today started working with the bitflips really working nice.
  • Received my package today Yeeeeeehhhhhh (next step drill a hole for powercable but not yet)

• Wooot looking awesome! :smile:

• Nice one @Menno
  • @swttt just installed the cloud version but I have one strange thing it looks like the page brightness change in 5 sec is this wanted?
  • @Menno
    You are quick :smile: 
    Did some tests with adding some dimming on idle. (so when not using the dashboard, the screen gets dimmed)
    Currently finishing the setting for that so you can disable it as well.
  • Hmmm maybe not to bad ;-) I already changed my brightness on the tabled but this could be very nice also. Maybe setting option to delay it let say 30sec / 1 min / 2 min / 5 min / off
  • @menno Expect an update in 5 min or so :)
  • hehehe okay no problem
  • swttt said:
    @menno Expect an update in 5 min or so :)
    Talk about being fast.. <span>:smiley:</span>
    No pressure, but... Really looking forward to the next update in app store.. !
  • @Menno
    Just finished some lasts tests, settings for dim work. But i am unable to set it per dashboard. (Might could be, but to much work to do now :smile: )
    Just updated the github, but wil wait with an appstore release.

Current changes are:
    Version 0.0.5
    - Removed Hapi service from the app
    - Made the dashboard available trough the athom cloud (secured)
    - Changed the settings page with links (new urls to access the dashboard!)
    - Default pages are stored local (every dashboard can have it's own default page)
    - Added a setting to dimm the dashboard on idle (default 5 seconds, can be disabled)

• NICE!!!!!!

Is it also going smoother the dim???
    I have one request is it possible to have a page refresh icon next to setting icon (right top) windows surface has old IE and no Chrome
    I'm done for today! thanks for the quick adjustment I will do some more testing wednesday

• @Menno
    Indeed smoothened the dim a bit :smile: If you would like to beta test more often, you could DM me on Slack tho :smile:

Had again a few hours of fun, and found out i had to change the config.json again. Now it has a massive code change as well, need to check every part that loops trough the pages, gets widgets from pages...in fact everything that has to do with pages :disappointed:

Found this out when working on the drag and drop things for the pages and widgets. The positive thing is, i got dragg and drop working :smile:
  • swttt said:
    Did some tests with adding some dimming on idle. (so when not using the dashboard, the screen gets dimmed)
    Currently finishing the setting for that so you can disable it as well.
    Whoohoo! Great job!
  • I'm planning to mount a simple ipad mini 'case' to the wall (over electrical 'hole')  for minimal distance to the wall + a qi charger in the hole for charging as a flat usb cable (like the ones for qi charging a tablet) doesnt exist/couldnt find it. 

Then homeydash as main + web 'security' cams (hopefully with widget in homeydash someday) + ring doorbell app, and maybe even homey app for mic purposes. 

I also hope to have the screen dimmed/off and when walking up to it it would wake the screen. 

Additional question - i regularly have that homeydash doesnt load in 1 go, so you have to try again.. so not always responsive with waking up. Do other have this issue as well? 
  • @ericjanvanputten i can confirm that issue you mentioned. Same over here
  • @ericjanvanputten
    There are some limitations on what you are trying to achieve. The solution i posted for the ipad mini is expensive, but looks really nice :smile: I am going for that one in the future.

Really setting the screen in standby and unlock it based on motion is hard to achieve. I just build in a dim setting, so when not used the dashboard looks dimmed but actually isn't. You do need to touch the screen to un-dim it.

Regarding to the not load in 1 time, not sure if it's the same issue i was experiencing in the past. but i had issues with loading the external socket.io file. This seems to be fixed in the current branch i am working on, since it used homey his internal webserver.
  • Hi @swttt
    You have made an option to hide the menu to the left. Which is great for small tablets. Is it possible to have an option to show an icon and get the menu back to change to another room and hide it again?

greetings,
    Aaron
  • @Aaron
    You can open and close the sidebar by swiping on the screen. (swipe left = close, swipe right = open)
  • @swttt
    Great! Did not know that  :) Even better.
  • By the way, someone posted this request. But can't make any cheese out of it:

Controls and displays
    by Alex van den Berg
    Buttons and sliders that can be added as devices (switches/dimmers) to Homey manager, and displays that get there data from Flow-action-cards (like 'say something' = text + tags). The size and position of the buttons and displays will be user-definable inside a prefixed column-row grid. (several 1-line displays could make one big). Colored "LED-like" indicators that can be used inside buttons and/or displays + feeding Flow-cards would make it an absofabulous fantastic remote control!

Can someone help out understanding this?  :smiley:
  • Seems more control options, like sliders for dimmers and widgets to display text and/or variables. And a possibility to resize and arrange the controls in a grid.