This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Countdown for Dummies :-)

Good day,  Forum, I try to figure out how to get things working with the countdown because i think when i understand it  that there are a lot more possibility's for me with homey.   Can someone please explain wat to fill in with triggers / and where to put what to put in the necessary flow(s)   What i want is 2 things:
"Frontdoor"  when someone pushes the doorbel after sundown the light at the door has to switch on for 5 minutes and switch off again. "Gardendoor"  when movement is detected  switch on light for 5 minutes and switch of again. if movement  is detected within 5 minutes putlight on for an other 5 minutes. What i tried to do  for the first question is attached :-)     
iemand die wil helpen  ?

Groet Newbie  Marc Ponsioen 

Comments

• Maybe take a look at this post.
    If u have any questions about that u can always ask.

• Hi Rocodamlshe,

Thanks for the link but it is a howto on Aeotec Multisensor  

As I told you i am a Newbie and first try to figure out  how to  do the doorbell Flow including the countdown function.

Am i doing the triggers right ???
    Are the 2 flows correct  because what ever i do  it does not work :-(

The first flow works but then the light of course keeps switched on ........

• I will fix u some screenshots tonight if that's ok with u?
  • Perfect  thank you very much  !!
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited January 2017
    @mponsioen

you have to create the following flows:

Make an countdown-timer "lamp-deurbel"

Flow1:
    IF -> doorbell is pressed
    AND-> sun is down
    THEN -> Light goes ON / Turn zandloper "lamp-deurbel" 300sec (=5min)

Flow2:
    IF -> Zandloper "lamp-deurbel" is empty
    THEN -> Turn light OFF

And then the same for the other senario

@Rocodamelshe
    sorry for interupt, was already typing before I saw you're answer
  • Ok, here we go.
    Download the Better Logic app.
    Download the Countdown app.

In the Better Logic (BL) app make a variable, choose boolean and name it Deurbel (in my case it is Deurbel, name it whatever u like).
    In the Countdown app make a Timer and call it Deurbel ( in my case it is Deurbel, name it whatever u like).

Now we start making some flows:

In this case u see that every time the doorbell is pressed the timer will start. So when some1 presses the doorbell after 2 minutes again, the timer will start again for 5 minutes.
  • And for the back side we do this:

In the Better Logic (BL) app make a variable, choose boolean and name it Schuurlamp (in my case it is Schuurlamp, name it whatever u like).
    In the Countdown app make a Timer and call it Tuindeur ( in my case it is Tuindeur, name it whatever u like).

In my case the Motion sensor is called "Lolita" but ofc u don't have that kind of names for ur sensor. So just put ur own sensor in that place.

So, Countdown for dummies?

When u achieve this ur not a dummie anymore.
    If u have any questions plz ask.

• I am bizzy with work at the momment :s  but cant wait  till the weekend :) to apply , 
    Will let you know asap  if i last my dummie status 

Thx in advance 
  • Ok, here we go.

In the Better Logic (BL) app make a variable, choose boolean and name it Deurbel (in my case it is Deurbel, name it whatever u like).
    In the Countdown app make a Timer and call it Deurbel ( in my case it is Deurbel, name it whatever u like).

In this case u see that every time the doorbell is pressed the timer will start. So when some1 presses the doorbell after 2 minutes again, the timer will start again for 5 minutes.
    Why not just combine the first two flows? There is, in this case, no need to use the extra variable. Just (re)start the countdown timer when the doorbell is pressed. Which is basically what mbalik79 says.
    One reason I can think of to use the extra variable, is when you want other triggers to switch on the light as well.
  • Am using the variables for more things. Like blinking the Hue led strips and make the Sonos yell there is some1 at the door. So I think this is very usable. U can also set the motion sensor to stop after 5 minutes so u don't need the countdown at all but that is not what the topic starter was asking for me guess.
  • Rocodamelshe
    Thank you  i did both flows and settings as you gave them, and they work perfect , and yes i know almost allmotion and contact switches have  a time setting  but at this moment my domotica is mixture of Kaku ,Zigbee and Z-wave  in my opinion is 
  • Oops is Z-wave what the future says what is your opinion ?
  • And for the back side we do this:

In the Better Logic (BL) app make a variable, choose boolean and name it Schuurlamp (in my case it is Schuurlamp, name it whatever u like).
    In the Countdown app make a Timer and call it Tuindeur ( in my case it is Tuindeur, name it whatever u like).

In my case the Motion sensor is called "Lolita" but ofc u don't have that kind of names for ur sensor. So just put ur own sensor in that place.

So, Countdown for dummies?

When u achieve this ur not a dummie anymore.
    If u have any questions plz ask.

What is the advantage of using the betterlogic app? (question of a dummy)
  • A few posts up i explained that alr. Am using the variables for more/other flows also. U are free to use them or leave them be ofc.
  • Am using the variables for more things. Like blinking the Hue led strips and make the Sonos yell there is some1 at the door. So I think this is very usable. U can also set the motion sensor to stop after 5 minutes so u don't need the countdown at all but that is not what the topic starter was asking for me guess.
    The flow is very clear and i bet it will help  me to create better flows for myself... thnx!
    But... How do you let the Sonos yell that there is someone at the door?
  • <<Offtopic>>Well, i use some php scripts running on a Synology for that. <</Offtopic>>

Hope u guys can make some awesome flows with this. As stated: the better logic variables are optional and can be left out if u like.