This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• @swttt many thanks for the new app version installation went fine after adding token working perfect. Configuration is simple and self explaining TOP. one little request to have the option to set one page as default page/startup page in the setup screen. But thanks for all the work you did last days I really appreciate it (and I think all other dashboard users)
  • @Menno
    Thought about setting a default page before. Not sure how it works on android, but on iOS if you add it to your homescreen it will add the current url. In that way every dashboard in the house could have it's own default screen.

An other solution could be saving it in the local storage <span>:smile:</span>

Glad you like it, and it's working nice for you.
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @swttt
    Just to let you know tested the following under windows 10 (fast ring):
    IE= status refresh not working
    Edge = status refresh not working
    Chrome = status refresh working

Other thing I see my onkyo receiver as Light on/off is not working for it (not so strange)

If you want more info let me know
  • @Menno Thanks for testing various browsers. Haven't dug into them yet, but refreshing works trough sockets. So if a browser isn't supporting websockets, it might not update the device state.

If your onkyo receiver can be added as on/off it should have this capability as well. That the icon doesn't fit the device will be changed later :smile:
  • Update onkyo on/off is working there is a problem with the onkyo app losing it connection after fixing it it's working in your dashboard
  • V3 is up and running on my webserver. Waiting for new capabilties. If I switch on a light that has been switched of by Hue motion sensor, the lamp is not switched to full brightness.
  • @HansieNL Must be something with the Hue app then. The dashboard only (but really only) sends onoff: true/false at the moment.

@Menno Ah ok, cool. Glad it's not the dashboard :smile:

Will use the coming week to clean up my code and do some bug fixing. What do you guys think, should i release it to the app store with a big fat BETA in there and only the onoff capability? This way i might get some more bug reports, and a more stable dashboard :smile:
  • HansieNL said:
    V3 is up and running on my webserver. Waiting for new capabilties. If I switch on a light that has been switched of by Hue motion sensor, the lamp is not switched to full brightness.
    How did you get it up and running?
    I've had V2 working,
    Now copyied V3 to that webserver directory. But I see the folder structure is different.
    I am using the /dist/index.html now,  or should i use the app folder?
    And the config.json is different,  from cloudID and API they now are called bearer token and IP adress.

Can you do a small how to in like 5 steps how to get it up and running?
    I can acces the index page but it doesnt show anything, which is like the tokens are wrong.
    But I double-checked and they are right.
  • @luccie_007
    The V3 needs all the pages and devices in it's config. (See the config.json in the app directory) Setup can't work and isn't working for the stand-alone version.

I would recommend you use the app version and install trough the CLI https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.homeydash
  • luccie_007luccie_007 Member
    edited January 2017
    swttt said:
    @luccie_007
    The V3 needs all the pages and devices in it's config. (See the config.json in the app directory) Setup can't work and isn't working for the stand-alone version.

I would recommend you use the app version and install trough the CLI https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.homeydash
    Okay. i Liked that the load would be on my NAS and not on Homey, + the easy config through my synology panel.
    Thats why i chose the server version.

I'll start adding pages and devices then.

But the app version adds all the devices itself?
  • @luccie_007 the app version has a setup that Lets you add devices and pages. I cant support the standalone version now since it still has code in it from the app version.

the load on homey shouldnt be that high, it only provides a few files for you to access. You should give the app a try <span>:smile:</span>
  • @luccie_007 : if you really want the standalone version check page 11 of this discussion. Somewhere in the middle there's a good description.

@swttt : beta apps in the app store? I don't think that's a good idea with a retail product.
    Great project by the way  <3
  • I'd be all for using\testing a version of HomeyDash through the app store, mainly since it would make configuration much easier than the stand-alone version. Since apps are constantly evolving nowadays we're all "beta" testing in some form or another. As long as it has been established main functionality of Homey is not affected by this app, I really don't see any objection to having it downloadable in the app store. Don't even see the point of labeling it as beta, it's just a work in progress..

DenW
  • @HansieNL Athom publishes beta apps in there store themself as well. I would be able to test it on a bigger group of people.

@DenW I agree with you, but still going to add a BETA label to it. People shouldn't think it's a fully operational dashboard, since only onoff is working for now. It seems to work stable, but with testing it on more people i hope to find the smaller bugs as well. Then from there i could expand the dashboard.
  • dondannydondanny Member
    edited January 2017
    swttt said:
    @spoelly @dondanny The dashboard uses websockets now to get device updates (don't need to poll any more). Might be that the current chrome version doesn't support websockets yet? Could you try Chrome Beta?

I'll charge my Mediapad to see if i can get it to work :)
    @swttt could try today the chrome beta with my Samsung tab 10.1
    Same issue, the devices didn't update automatically if the were switched across the homey app or switched e.g. by the "normal" switch at the wall... 
    I have installed the latest version of the app. 
    Otherwise the handling of the app is very smooth, thumbs up!!! 
  • swttt said:
    @DenW I agree with you, but still going to add a BETA label to it. People shouldn't think it's a fully operational dashboard, since only onoff is working for now. It seems to work stable, but with testing it on more people i hope to find the smaller bugs as well. Then from there i could expand the dashboard.
    @swttt
    Fully operational is a matter of definition. But I understand your reasoning and it is probably the best way to go.
    Hope we can all download it from the app store soon.. <span>:smile:</span>

And for the record, thanks for your great work on this!
  • Could the people where the devices don't update check if you ever logged in to your homey before in that browser? Forgot to build in a check if the cookie is there. If not the websockets dont work.

I will look into building a check to see if the cookie is there, if not it will give a nice popup that you have to login first.
  • @swttt that did the trick! Now the devices update immediately. Thanks! 
  • No problem, will build a fix later :smile: 
  • swttt said:
     What do you guys think, should i release it to the app store with a big fat BETA in there and only the onoff capability? This way i might get some more bug reports, and a more stable dashboard :smile:
    Yes please!
    Would like it tomorrow or wednesday, since I have a couple of days off
  • @Bumble Working on it, want to fix the thing with the cookie first. Then i'll finish the graphs and icon for the dashboard so it can be published :smile: 

If any feels like creating some nice jpg's for the appstore and a SVG icon, feel free to do so...but do share them <span>:tongue:</span>

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited January 2017
    Weird, never logged in before on my tablet, but devices do update.
    Sometimes they don't, then I just have to refresh the page.

[edit]
    Never mind, still had the webserver-version open on my tablet :P
  • @Fire69 Devices do update when you switch pages as well :smile: Or maybe you use the Homey app on the same tablet? Maybe thats just a webview wrapper that stores the cookie as well?

• Seems use-able! Nice find, thanks.
  • Fixed the cookie thingy <span>:smile:</span>
    Will finish the graphics and get ready for a beta release <span>:blush:</span>

• nice!
  • swttt said:
    @Bumble Working on it, want to fix the thing with the cookie first. Then i'll finish the graphs and icon for the dashboard so it can be published :smile: 

Can't wait!
  • @Bumble

It's Pending now :smile:

• Good news that it's pending now :-) 
    I think it's the right way to release it as a beta-app. So the small (hopefully not many) bugs can be fixed! 
    What are your next plans? Maybe new capabilites?