This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• spoellyspoelly Member
    edited January 2017
    ok got some time to test this... have a synology nas to run it but how?

- i downloaded the zip from here https://github.com/swttt/homeydash-v3
    - made a virtual host in the web station and extracted the zip into that folder..

and now i can't seem to point it to the dashboard i think.. index.htm is empty??
  • @spoelly you need to copy the contents of the dist folder to your webserver. Then create a config.json... Just a few pages back... Currently working on a very very early beta of the v3 app. Will release it today 
  • ah ok will do! oew nice the app is almost ready will test that also!
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited January 2017
    sweet it works :) very impressed about it sweet! my wall mount will be arriving tomorrow :)
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited January 2017
     Current version of the app is on github. ( see first post of this topic) 

You can reach setup by adding /setup to the url. After adding a page, you first have to click the page before you add any widgets. 
  • impressive! running fine over here!

• Working well here. added fibaro wall plug, fibaro relais and philips hue lights.
    Great stuff 
  • would be cool is you can make the left menu in the dashboard it self appear only when needed, just like in the homey mobile app. Then there is more room on small tablets for widgets.
  • @spoelly depends on the browser. But on Chrome swiping left would close it and swiping right opens it
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited January 2017
    ah cool having chrome on a huawei mediatab t1, any plans for a day and night mode?
  • Works fine here too! 
    One little bug: I've added so more sites (I think 9), but I can't scroll the left sidebar to the bottom to see all of the sites. Using a galaxy s7 edge with chrome
  • Just migrated from webserver to app, working very good.  Way easier to add devices this way ;)
  • @dondanny Just fixed this in an upcoming release with an overflow:scroll added to the style.
  • Perfect! 
    Maybe another little bug: the dashboard doesn't refresh automatically?! That means when I start my philips hue e.g. with the homey app the dashboard shows an off status. 

Btw: has anybody problems with the github too? I can't log in atm? 
  • @dondanny The devices should update automatically. So when you switch the hue light, the dashboard should update right away. (and vice versa)
  • New update on github:

- Fixed settings, still there after restart(or reboot) of the app
    - Sidebar is now scroll-able
    - Added some messages to the empty page to inform new users where to start.
    - Added some general settings.
    - Removed widget page from Setup

https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.homeydash
  • Works very nice! Impressive.

Am I correct in assuming that for now only the onoff capability is supported? Are others following soon or is this not a priority atm? Also, any idea if/how custom capabilities are going to be supported?
  • @KoenMartens
    Indeed, for now only onoff is working. Will add more after most of the bugs are fixed.
    For every capability i will need to add a directive/html page, each directive/html page has it's own controller. So it's not that hard to fit in custom capabilities. It's going to be harder to test all of them :pensive:
  • swttt said:
    @dondanny The devices should update automatically. So when you switch the hue light, the dashboard should update right away. (and vice versa)
    You are right! Tested with my s7 edge, works fine.
    But  with the Samsung tablet the dashboard doesn't  update right away... 
    I will try later with other devices :-)
  • Got the same issue on my huawei mediapad t1. No refresh of the status.
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited January 2017
    @spoelly @dondanny The dashboard uses websockets now to get device updates (don't need to poll any more). Might be that the current chrome version doesn't support websockets yet? Could you try Chrome Beta?

I'll charge my Mediapad to see if i can get it to work :)
  • On mediapad the Chrome beta also has the same issue.
  • @swttt : I'm a littlebit confused about the versions. I see https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.homeydash and https://github.com/swttt/homeydash-v3. Can you explain what the differences are?
  • The first one is the actuall app. The second one is the version i use for developing (and beta testing as stand-alone version). 

The dist folder (not up2date now) is used in the webfolder of the app on the com.swttt.homeydash git <span>:smile:</span>

• V3 is stand-alone version for running on a webserver.
    The other one is the app for Homey :)
  • If I understand it right the app version runs on Homey webserver?
    Just one more question. Which version is easiest to set up?
  • At the moment the com.swttt.homeydash is the version you could install using the CLI. Setup is pretty straightforward. Stand-alone version needs a manual created config.json.

I would recommend the com.swttt.homeydash :smile: 

• By the way, fixed the scrollbar issue if i am right :smile:
    Hard to test how it works on windows now, but should work....

I will wait if any other bugs pop up. If not, i will start cleaning up some of the code and start on some other capabilities :wink:
  • Ok thanks, but I already got a webserver running with homeyDASH version 2. Manual creating config.json isn't gonna be a problem. Maybe I gonna try both and see what I like most.
  • @HansieNL
    The V3 is build from scratch, the old config.json isn't going to do the trick. Every page, and devices needs to be added by hand to the config.json. I highly recommend you using the app instead of the stand-alone.