This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• Could someone test if adding the code below into the <head> section of the index.html makes it work on android?

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="user-scalable=no, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0"/>
  • Oke, above solution confirmed NOT working. Will look into it later.
  • Cool, just found out it is an issue with angular material. Will fix this later tonight!
  • dondanny said:
    Wow, really nice work! I just played a little bit with the former version because I don't have a webserver... I can't wait to test the first v3 app. 
    Are you planning to implement something like a floorplan? 
    Linking the cards to a floorplan would indeed be nice.. Maybe something to keep in mind while development goes on?
  • @swttt cool project!!
    But can you please keep the first post updated. 

• @0burner0 You might be right about updating the fipo. The thing is, that the app still is used by some people (and easy to install). The v3 is really in beta, thus only a few people tried to get it running. Eventually the fipo gets updated with an app version of the V3. Need to finish the setup part, and then i'll update the fipo :smile:

@DenW Didn't had any plans for it, but seems a nice plugin to add later on. So you get a seperate page for the first floor with a map etc. 
  • Sidebar swipe is temporary fixed (using the ngTouch lib for now, until ngMaterial gets fixed again). This does gives a warning in the console, but haven't found any issues with it at the moment.

I updated the device card width as well, to fit better on horizontal phone views.
    The current github version has some error checking on device switching as well. If somehow the api call fails, it gets switched back with a nice error notification in the top right corner.
  • Late one this night :smile:

Allmost done with 50% of the basic setup page, storing the pages in homey's settings is working. Widgets will follow soon...if everything really is going this fast. I might be able to release a first beta on sunday! Widget still is a bigger challenge, since i need more info then just a page name...really no promises it's done sunday, but i do got my hopes up.

Time for a nice teaser on how it's working now:

• Oh and the long waiting after the dialog is closed is going to be fixed soon as well....kinda anoying.
  • You're swiftly becoming one of my favorite persons of 2016 swtt!
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2016
    Mathijs said:
    You're swiftly becoming one of my favorite persons of 2016 swtt!
    And probably 2017 as well! :tongue:
  • Hehe Thanks :smile:

Probably already found a way to deal with the slow Dialog popups.

• Got some problems installing the web app on my new Qnap NAS. Do I keep this port or change it to :1337?

• @Mathijs Port shouldn't matter. The homey app runs on port 1337 but isn't published yet. What part are you having troubles with? You should only need to copy the contents of the homeydash dist folder to your /web/homey folder. Then add a config.json, and off you go! <span>:smile:</span>

• MathijsMathijs Member
    edited December 2016
    Arch found the server issue and can now open the webpage, only to run into a new error, lol. Internal server error when I try to switch this lamp.

{
      "bearertoken": "xx",
      "homeyip": "192.168.1.10",
      "pages": {
        "Office": {
          "widgets": [
            {
              "name": "Desk Lamp",
              "capability": "onoff",
              "deviceid": "9b3984e4-ab07-4b18-bcbc-73feef3d0413"
            }
          ]
        }
      }
    }

• @Mathijs
    You shouldn't post your bearer token here!

Can you switch the device from the UI?

• Yes, using Homey directly no problems

• @Mathijs
    It displays the devicename and zonename correctly on the widgetcard? (if not, maybe you didn't copied the device-id correctly) And you do use http (and not https) to connect to your dashboard?
  • swtt... solved. Had to reset the web server and all popped up. Apart from the fact the mounting is not straight I am getting there!

• swtttswttt Member
    edited December 2016
    @Mathijs
    WOOOT looking nice <span>:smile:</span>
    Haven't mounted mine yet <span>:tongue:</span>

Btw, how is the swipe to close the sidebar working on windows?
  • Can't close it by swiping, Just moves a bit and pops back. But that's on Windows RT running that whacky version of IE.

On Win10 and Chrome it works fine.
  • My last update for 2016! :smile:

Currently i got the setup basics working (not really happy with the UI yet, but hey it works). Still a few bugs i need to fix before i'll release it as a beta. For example the wait until i can click again (probably caused by the toaster notification). And some issues when selecting a capability (thats why i didn't showed the add device dialog finish :smile) .
    The issue with the popups is fixed, but now it just takes a few seconds before it's closed. Need to check if i can fix this.

And ofcourse the last teaser video of 2016:

• Awesome work! I'm more then exited about the next steps. 
    But now time for celebrating Silvester :-) 
  • Please don't forget to add a well-deserved donation button once you'll release it to the app store :)
  • @KoenMartens
    Will do once it finished :wink:

@dondanny This actually is just about getting the config.json automated. The UI might not be 100% finished/polished but this would mean i could release it as a beta. Track more bugs, and fix them :smile:
  • MathijsMathijs Member
    edited January 2017
    Have you ever considered showing 'icons'. For example to show the 'alarm' flow is running?  
    As I intend to keep this near my front door to activate flows (or switch on/off stuff when I leave or enter) it would make a lot of sense. 

• @Mathijs
    Like normal icons directly in the view? No haven't thought about it. 
    Might be something that could be added inside a widget?
  • dondanny said:
    Awesome work! I'm more then exited about the next steps. 
    But now time for celebrating Silvester :-) 
    Just saw my last post yesterday - I meant excited not exited.... maybe one Mojito too much :-) :-) 

@swttt where do you want to have ideas and bug-findings posted? Here or github? 
  • @dondanny Rather on github, but on the right one please :smile: Homeydash-v3 github