This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed HUE

Hue app: where does it get its scenes from?

JonJon Member
edited April 2018 in Archive
When adding the Hue card in a flow and setting it to 'activate a scene', it will show a list of scenes that...
- I don't recognize all as 'mine'.
- shows scenes multiple times (a lot!), in my example below this goes for 'Deep Sea', but it happens to much more scenes.
- does not show a lot of scenes that I have created with the Hue Android app (newest app version, by the way)

So my key question is: where does this card gets its scenes from and more importantly, how do I change the list?

Tagged:

Comments

• with hue app in your phone.
    the scenes you see are pre installed in your bridge
  • JonJon Member
    edited December 2016
    glijie said:
    with hue app in your phone.
    the scenes you see are pre installed in your bridge
    Okay, but how do I edit/change/add them? Right now it's a mess... I hate messes that I can't clean up myself
    Plus: when I scroll through the list, it's definitely not only scenes that were preinstalled. There are also some scenes that I created myself (with a previous version of the Hue Android app) and that are also visible at https://my.meethue.com/nl-nl/my-scenes.
    But changing / adding scenes on that page, will not be forwarded into the Homey Hue app.
  • You can use Huetro for Windows 10 to edit the scenes in the bridge.

You can also do a factory reset of the bridge and let the Hue App re-generate the default scenes. Maybe that will cost less of your time..
  • Okay @thayoung1 but that mean I will have to connect all bulbs again with the bridge and also redo the whole hue thing in homey right? (all the flows etcetera...) 
  • @Jon, correct. The choice is yours ;)
  • just open Hue app on your phone and then delete the scenes. Et voila they won't show up in homey
  • I don't think that solves his issue. As he mentioned there are also scenes from the old App of current Apps on other devices.
  • Mine doenst get any scenes. Made a bunch in the Hue app but No way they show up in Homey
  • thayoung1 said:
    You can use Huetro for Windows 10 to edit the scenes in the bridge.
    Holy smoke, that actualy works. Was looking for this, thnx!!
  • I don't have windows 10 unfortunately, I have a mac. 

Okay, I could try to delete all (unwanted) scenes,but still I'm not able to add new scenes, right? 
  • why can't you add scenes? 
    make a room and put in that room the hue lights you want then in the room you can add scenes 
    all in the hue app (phone)

• Sure, I did that. But they don't become available within the homey hue app (in the mentioned card, that is) 
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited December 2016
    With which app did u create the scene?
    Just created a scene with the Hue app version 2.6.0 (277) on me Iphone and that works.
  • If you can use the added scenes in the Hue App(phone) and they are not shown in the Homey then i'm affraid that i can't help you with that.

Maybe switch off an switch on the hue app in homey works?
    Maybe PTP of the Hue bridge works?

• @Jon Are u sure u are connected with the Hue bridge?
    He did'nt get another IPadress after a reboot?
    Did u give it a fixed IPadress?
  • I have the same issue as the TS. I think his problem is not clear for everybody. Example:

I created a sample called 'SampleA' in the Hue App.
    In the Homey Hue App you can select this created flow, but you can choose between six 'SampleA' scenes and only one of them is the right one. The other ones have 'errors' in the scene, like wrong colours or wrong bulbs. 

That's one of the problems the TS tried to describe. 
  • As a side note, the android App Hue Pro has a feature in the settings, were you can download scenes from the bridge to the App and do the reverse: upload scenes you created in the App to the bridge. 
  • Also, the Windows program WinHue is handy, I run this on my Mac in  virtual Windows 7 environment:
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited December 2016
    I have the same issue as the TS. I think his problem is not clear for everybody. Example:

I created a sample called 'SampleA' in the Hue App.
    In the Homey Hue App you can select this created flow, but you can choose between six 'SampleA' scenes and only one of them is the right one. The other ones have 'errors' in the scene, like wrong colours or wrong bulbs. 

That's one of the problems the TS tried to describe. 
    Ok. Sorry for misunderstanding the question.
    The scenes in the Hue bridge are stored by the bridge itself untill he reached the maximum number of scenes. Then he will start deleting from number 1.
    Only thing left for u is to delete the scenes with 1 of the 2 windows apps/programs as described a few posts above.
    There is no way that u can delete the scenes with ur phone app.
    I also find it very strange that with 3th party apps u can delete them and with the official app u can't.
  • The issue is that the dropdown doesn't show the room, in my case the dropdown shows a ton of bulbs and I have no idea what room they beyond to @Emile really needs to fix this.
  • With me it doenst get any scene unfortunatly
  • MarkSwift said:
    The issue is that the dropdown doesn't show the room, in my case the dropdown shows a ton of bulbs and I have no idea what room they beyond to @Emile really needs to fix this.
    or you change the names yourself and than you know exact where it belong. 
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited December 2016
    You can also delete scenes via a web browser, but than you need the username used in the bridge ( you can find username in Domoticz in Hue settings for example) and know the api works. So with  a Windows program it is much easier to do.
  • @jeroenbos22 What does the console show (F12 in Chrome) when you use the dropdown? Are there any errors?
  • I still don't get this. Doesn't Homey sync the scenes you created with Hue? I made a few scenes in the Hue app. They sync through my other devices Ipad and Android. That works. But when I want to trigger a scene from Homey, they are not available. I only see a few pre installed scenes. Even when I use the Hue app in a flow I get sometimes three pre installed scenes and later six. Anyone encountered  this problem and found a solution yet?
This discussion has been closed.