This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
plugwise

Plugwise support

FreekFreek Member
edited April 2018 in Questions & Help

Currently rebuilding my domotica system and not sure what to do with my Plugwise system. I'm pretty satified about it, so hoping that Homey will support it... There is some info about the protocol here: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4490.

It would be nice if Homey can communicate with the Stretch and Smile P1, any plans for this?

Tagged:

Comments

• 2015-09-30 12:51 GMT+02:00
    Hoi Stefan,

zou je mij kunnen vertellen of de communicatie met Plugwise al verbeterd is, en of de api is vrij gegeven ?

Stefan Witkamp schreef op 2015-09-30 12:55:

Hoi ,
    Jazeker. Sterker nog, de plugwise en anna apps voor homey zijn zo goed als af!
    Groetjes,

Stefan Witkamp
    Co-Founder and Commercial Director at Athom, the creators of Homey

English:
    Stefan Witkamp from homey reported that the Plugwise and Anna apps are as good as ready.

i hope this answers your question @freek

• Ziglar said:
    2015-09-30 12:51 GMT+02:00
    Hoi Stefan,

zou je mij kunnen vertellen of de communicatie met Plugwise al verbeterd is, en of de api is vrij gegeven ?

Stefan Witkamp schreef op 2015-09-30 12:55:

Hoi ,
    Jazeker. Sterker nog, de plugwise en anna apps voor homey zijn zo goed als af!
    Groetjes,

Stefan Witkamp
    Co-Founder and Commercial Director at Athom, the creators of Homey

English:
    Stefan Witkamp from homey reported that the Plugwise and Anna apps are as good as ready.

i hope this answers your question @freek

Nice, thanks!

Dan zet ik mijn veranderingen door. :)

• as far as i know you'll need a stretch unit where homey can connect to, connect every p1 / plugs to the stretch and let homey and stretch talk :)

• Just to clarify,

This concerned the control of Plugwise via the Stretch indeed, not directly without 'bridge' ;).

Best,

Stefan

• @stefan , will there be support of plugwise plugs without the stretch in the future ?

• and will both stretch 1 and stretch 2.0 be supported ?

• Hi!

I used to work with Plugwise in my previous employment and have created some nice applications (Interactive dashboards / floorplans, remote control via IP phones). At my house I have got "Plugwise Home Basic"; some Circles and the USB stick to connect to the Plugwise network.

Will I be able to shut down my computer that uses the USB stick to connecto to Plugwise and use Homey instead? So will Homey support connection with Plugwise via the USB stick?

https://www.plugwise.com/products/home-basic

• Michiel85 said:
    Hi!

I used to work with Plugwise in my previous employment and have created some nice applications (Interactive dashboards / floorplans, remote control via IP phones). At my house I have got "Plugwise Home Basic"; some Circles and the USB stick to connect to the Plugwise network.

Will I be able to shut down my computer that uses the USB stick to connecto to Plugwise and use Homey instead? So will Homey support connection with Plugwise via the USB stick?

Nope, thats what Stefan says, you will need the Stretch to connect.

• Freek said:

Michiel85 said:
    Hi!

Nope, thats what Stefan says, you will need the Stretch to connect.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

While we'd love to support Plugwise without the stretch, they're using a modified version of Zigbee, which in turn will mean that you can't connect any other Zigbee devices. So for now, we chose to support it only with stretch :)

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited November 2015

As long as there is no paper with the protocol described the only thing that can be done is reverse engineering the protocol.

The main question then will be: how stable is it then?

• @Michiel85

Like @stafan said you will need to have a plugwise stretch, this means that homey will not be able to directly communicate with the homey plugs.

the other thing is that the home basic(usbstick) version has a diffrent encryption than the stretch devices have.
    to upgrade those plugs you will have to purchase the stretch directly at plugwise, send your usb stick to them and then recieve a stretch that can communicate with your plugs, you can find the request document here:

https://www.plugwise.nl/media/docs/plugwise-retourformulier.pdf

overall cost to upgrade your home basic environment to a stretch version, it will cost you 108 euro including shipment.

Kind regards,
    Ziglar

• @Emile; Thanks for the clarification.

@Ziglar; Thank you! I have read that before some time ago. The only thing that I need to find out is the features that will be missing using the stretch instead of Source:

"De Stretch 2.0 werkt niet samen met Source en bevat niet alle functionaliteiten van Source. Het overzetten van uw Plugwise-netwerk naar de Stretch 2.0 heeft als gevolg dat u alle functionaliteiten van het programma Source verliest. Na het overzetten van het netwerk naar de Stretch 2.0 verliest de Stick zijn waarde. Deze zal daarom niet worden geretourneerd. De bediening van de Stretch 2.0 werkt door middel van de Plugwise app op uw smartphone, tablet of computer. "

The API of Source is ok. Used it before to create my own apps. Need to find some time to understand the difference between the API of Source and Stretch. Does anyone knows the difference?

• I was wondering if there are any plans to include the energy measurement data from the circles in the insights? Switching circles via the stretch works great by the way.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited October 2016
    @Niek : I bought a stretch to go from source to plugwise on Homey without the need to have my laptop on. I didn't install it yet. Doesn't the app support energy-measurements?
  • @BasVanDenBosch No the insight only show turned on/off moments not energy-measurements as far as I can see
  • App is working well. 
    It is possible to tag a plug as "Lamp". What I am missing is the ability to set a tag like "TV" or "tuner".
    Now Homey says that it cannot find a TV to switch, directly after that it switches on the tv anyway because of a flow.

Maybe I am missing something and there is a way to get around this.
  • Nope, not possible to add a plug as a tv yet...

I'll create an issue for this (after searching there isn't one already).