This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v1.0.1

• Added Notification management
  • Added mobile component for buttons
  • Added functionality to specify phonetics for speech output
  • Improved the silence timeout when talking to Homey
  • Added new Setup Wizard
  • Various speech improvements
  • Various improvements

Comments

• Installing....
  • RoelCollignonRoelCollignon Member
    edited November 2016
    Downloading... Congratulations with your first official release! What a great milestone. Pop the Champagne!

• Installing..
  • If the homey is set to auto update will I get it automatically?

• Installed and it is running.
    Only the clock is 1 hour off
    And I don't find the speech improved. It even feels a little bit worse.
  • Installed. I noticed some minor things: 

Under 'Systeem' 
    It says 'Memory'  instead of 'Geheugen gebruik'

and it says 'free of '  instead of 'vrij van'
  • Gefeliciteerd Athom!

Weer een belangrijke milestone bereikt en dat mag gevierd worden.
  • Thanks, everything still working.
    At last I can use Sonos as well.
  • Installed 1.01, "lost" almost all devices (Icons still there but with question mark), resetted Homey and automatically went back to 0.10.9. Luckily all devices and flow were back. Very funny.
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited November 2016
    strange have warning on edge but also on chrome: Browsers zijn niet ondersteund. download the homey app.
    Installed the app received java error but seems to be working. Also received this message on my windows phone but my phone don't like exe's

Does it mean that athom want us to use the app instead of browsers what ever brand they are?
  • It does work when you are using chrome. The desktop app is a wrapper around chromium I guess. 
  • Yep, small error Athom has to fix : if chrome then don't show warning...
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We only support Homey Desktop as a company because it makes support and the average user experience a lot better, but unoficially speaking, Google Chrome still works :-)
  • Emile said:
    We only support Homey Desktop as a company because it makes support and the average user experience a lot better, but unoficially speaking, Google Chrome still works :-)
    When I click the 'Homey Desktop' link it goes to nuts.athom.com and all I see is "Version not found: latest".
  • cnvissercnvisser Member
    edited November 2016
    Wow, everything already worked for me. But now even speech works 10 out of 10.
    My daughter (6 years) 8 out of 10, she can't stop talking to Homey.
    Great job @Athom ;

• ArenBreur said:
    Installed and it is running.
    Only the clock is 1 hour off....
    @ArenBreur ;resetting the location fixes that :smiley: 
  • Emile said:
    yup, chrome works still. just a message that it doesn't. But i'm still using Chrome to control homey. More should use Homey Desktop ? :wink: 
  • @MarcoWijk ;
    Thanks, time is ok now
  • MarcoWijk said:
    Emile said:
    yup, chrome works still. just a message that it doesn't. But i'm still using Chrome to control homey. More should use Homey Desktop ? :wink: 

De Homey desktop app installeren

Voor niet ondersteunde besturingssystemen, ga naar https://my.athom.com in Google Chrome.

• Homey setup wizard big improvement with version 1.x! Good work!
  • HansieNL said:
    MarcoWijk said:
    Emile said:

Voor niet ondersteunde besturingssystemen, ga naar https://my.athom.com in Google Chrome.

Hehehe, got a warning from chrome if i was sure i wanted to download it, because it wasn't downloaded a lot. Kinda suggesting it was malware. :warning: :sweat_smile: 
  • well, installing the desktop client F*cked over my avast... good job :)

congratz on the v1 !
  • So, How do I specify phonetic speech? I'd like Homey to properly pronounce my name. 
  • MarcoWijk said:
    HansieNL said:
    MarcoWijk said:
    Emile said:

Hehehe, got a warning from chrome if i was sure i wanted to download it, because it wasn't downloaded a lot. Kinda suggesting it was malware. :warning: :sweat_smile: 
    What about quote* 
    "Homey can be configured using a PC or Mac, or on a Wi-Fi capable tablet.
    Quick control can be done using voice, an Android or iOS smartphone."
    * source: https://www.athom.com/en/homey/

@athom @Emile ;
    I know time and priorities have had other focus but only supporting Homey Desktop and forcing users to PC or Mac is still living in history.
    Please see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Worldwide_device_shipments

• @athom @Emile ;
    I know time and priorities have had other focus but only supporting Homey Desktop and forcing users to PC or Mac is still living in history.
    Please see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Worldwide_device_shipments
    I couldn't agree more, the fact I have to get out a laptop or macbook to do simple stuff when an iPad it always in arms reach annoys thr hell out of me.
  • issue: both for web and app desktop management: when reboot homey u need to force reload the page to make homey appear back online, it will stuck on black page waiting for homey
  • eh.. i think my comment was misunderstood... Homey CAN still be accesed via it's ip adress and chrome. I just made a comment that the desktop-app was advised/pushed. Ofcourse they did that because chrome is a third party, Google. Probably they can't propagate that a google programm is needed to acces Homey, so they developed their own accces. Certainly since Google introduced their own domotica.
  • @MarcoWijk ;
    Agree what you stated but Athom should in that case also support to configure Homey on the Android and iOS apps. This is a support issue for them, not able to control changes in browsers that might impact configuring Homey using these browsers.

Today it is a pain that I have to get out a laptop or macbook to do simple stuff like editing/tuning a flow. Likewise for @DaneeDeKruyff  but I am sure more users are experiencing this today.

Again, not every MediaMarkt customer or other retail customers have laptops/desktops today. So if you want to enlarge your potential customer audience, supporting Homey configuration on Tablets/Mobile in the current apps is crucial.

• Great work guys! Speech feels more smooth!  :# i'm happy with the update!
  • Update works now, last update just was not completed. My mistake. Everything seems to work fine. Congrats to the Homey team for achieving this big milestone. I am sure it will be a great succes.
This discussion has been closed.