This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• That would-be be the best solution indeed. 
  • swttt said:
    Or wait until it is possible on the homey itself ;) 
    hmmm, insider infos?
  • Well, haven't tried it yet. But should at least be possible in the future. Releasing the current version isn't going to work, but in the near future it should be possible. 

Still haven't got any time to continue to work on the project. (That's why I can't confirm the last update broke the dashboard, I really don't know yet) for now this is my last week in Italy. When I get back I should have more spare time to get coding again
  • viktor said:
    swttt said:
    Or wait until it is possible on the homey itself ;) 
    hmmm, insider infos?
    Homey already has a build-in webserver and we can place our own files on Homey through an app. I don't know whether this will work now but I see no reason why this wouldn't work in the future...
  • Emile stated that after Homey hitst the stable version, it would be possible to install custom dashboards.
  • Have to look into the possibilities. The best way is if athom let us control other devices trough apps (wich is disabled right now). 

Just got back from Italy, but had a concussion last sunday playing soccer. So i still need some time before i continue on the dashboard.

The last firmware update breaks the icons in the dashboard, not sure what changed yet but will look into it asap.
  • DJF3DJF3 Member
    edited October 2016
    Team,

Here's how my dashboard looks:

It's empty.. I do see the zones and one button "Lights".

Looks like the script is using API calls similar to the ones below.
    When inspecting the web-page there's 10's of errors.

ERROR "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)"
    URL called: https://MYHOMEYID.homey.athom.com/api/manager/devices/?zone=my-zone-id-random-characters

Get zones:
    curl -H "Authorization: Bearer 012345678901234567890123456789 " -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://10.0.0.1/api/manager/zones/

Get all devices:
    curl -H "Authorization: Bearer 012345678901234567890123456789 " -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://10.0.0.1/api/manager/devices/

Get all devices within a zone:
    curl -H "Authorization: Bearer 012345678901234567890123456789 " -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://10.0.0.1/api/manager/devices/?zone=01234567-0123-0123-0123-01234567890

I can use the "Get Zones" to get all the Zone ID's, but when I call the "Get devices in a zone" with the newly found zone-id, it returns

{
      "status": 404,
      "result": "not_found"
    }
    Same applies to "Get all devices".

Any idea why that happens? (running the latest experimental FW)

• @DJF3 I guess the rest api changed, you could find the correct api calls using the Homey UI and a rest sniffer.

• swttt said:
    @DJF3 I guess the rest api changed, you could find the correct api calls using the Homey UI and a rest sniffer.

;-)
    Here's what I've found so far..
    DEVICES
        LIST ALL devices
        http://10.1.1.1/api/manager/devices/device
        LIST DEVICE IN ZONE XYZ
        http://10.1.1.1/api/manager/devices/device?zone=XXXX__ZONE_ID__XXXX
        SHOW ONE DEVICE
        http://10.1.1.1/api/manager/devices/device/XXXX__DEVICE_ID__XXXX
    ZONES
        LIST ZONES
        http://10.1.1.1/api/manager/zones/

Unfortunately that's as far as my knowledge goes.. Making a few changes to the script did not make it work for me.
    Hope there's someone else who can fix & update github.

Tnx!
    DJ

• @DJF3 Cool, they did change their rest api to make things easier. This could clean up my code allot since it's allmost just a single api call.

I am allmost feeling good enough to spend some time behind my computer again. :) I'll update asap.
  • Did a quick install here too, nice and easy! :)

Hope you get well soon (for yourself and for us  :p )
  • @swttt  Did you discover what's cousing the devices not showing
  • swttt said:
    @DJF3 Cool, they did change their rest api to make things easier. This could clean up my code allot since it's allmost just a single api call.

I am allmost feeling good enough to spend some time behind my computer again. :) I'll update asap.
    Any updates? :heart: 
  • JohanKusterJohanKuster Member
    edited October 2016
    Just saw this topic, interesting as I have been working on my own dashboard these last couple of days. Because I stopped working with my homey since a couple of months, this dashboard is listening to a mqtt bus and the data is collected with a set of nodejs microservices. Next step is scene selecten and more widgets to connect to plex/download tools/security camera/anomaly detection to warn about irregular events,etc.

Arnoud (and the rest) have a look at this: 

The guy is talking about a module node-red-ui but there is a new one node-red-dashboard. Have a look at this have an example:

• Just started working on it again. Hope to fix it this weekend. :smile: 

• Well, still running into some problems with the new API.
    Currently on/off is working, but can't seem to get Dim to work.

Hoping on some feedback within Slack, otherwise i'll keep trying and create an issue on github.
    Got on/off working on homebridge tho :) Switching the lights with my apple tv remote is magic lol 
  • Hi @swttt ;

Sorry, to ask, i have read the readme and also this forum-groep. But after installing webserver to my synology and installing your project files, it only shows an empty page with the title Settings.  Ik did fill in my bearer and also past the Athom Cloud ID (from page Systeem).

It does not work. It looks like i have to fill in my ip-address somewhere, but i don't know where.What do i do wrong?
  • @Pils ;
    You didn't do anything wrong, thats the way to go.
    A few updates ago some api's changed. I didn't have much time to fix it (some personal stuff).
    So you can expect an update somewhere this week that will fix these issues. From there on i'll continue to work on it, and post some kind of roadmap.
  • Just pushed an update to github. Should work again with less code :) (could almost delete 20 lines of code)
  • Great sunday project!
  • Works again, although i only have one switch.
    Nest does not show up, because its not build in I think. Would love that though.
  • Great! It works again.

Would like the option to mark favorites, so they can always be shown on the top. Now i have to switch from kitchen to dinningroom, to livingroom, but it is one room who are alle under "beneden". Too bad homey self does not show all the items under "beneden" who are in subclasses.  But maybe you can local storage a favorite, or let me select multiple rooms.
  • Some extra test results.

I tried it on my ipad with safari, it appears to not show the settings button to select a room.

Then i tried it with chrome on my ipad and that worked!
    But when calling the slider to dim a light, it does not respond to my vinger when trying to slide. I have to refresh in order to get rit of the slider.

• @Pils The dashboard is developed using chrome. So that could be an issue (might depend on some css that has cross browser problems)

@luccie_007 Thermostat should show as a sensor when you swipe right to left on the main screen in that room. Controlling a thermostat isn't added.
  • @swttt ;

yeah, i know, but somewhere you wrote it probably would work with safari, so I though I let you know.

In chrome I cannot get it to full screen, is that possible?

also the sensors screen contains no devices, although  I have 5 pieces of cresta 443 temp sensors.

also it is hard to see if lights are on. The hue lights are clear, but some kaku icons are only slightly different when on.

Keep up the good work!
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited November 2016
    @pils Depends on if u mean chrome on the desktop or chrome on a touch device. On a touch device it should be possible.

In theory all the sensors in that room should show. Not the most tested part of the dashboard tho. 

Might switch to some more general icons in the future.
  • @swttt  I mean chrome on the IPAD. 

And about the sensors. I know what went wrong. I thought that all my sensors would show up there, no matter what room i selected. 
    I have made several "maps" in homey, one of them is the map sensors, in order to see the temperatuur everywhere at once form within my iphone app. In that "map" no ligths are to be controlled.
    I see now that in your dashboard it depends on the room you choose to see the sensors.

Would it be posible for me to store the sensor map seperate from the lgiths map, that would ben great. Together with the possibility to select more than one zone, than it is great.

i tried to look at your code, but i'm not well known with angular, so it is hard to read or just even make an extra zone printed on the screen.

If i can be of any help taking the dashboard to the next step, let me know.

• @Pils Well, it depends on Athom when i can really set a new step. Currently their api is ok, and easy. But i would love to submit a dashboard to the appstore. I found a way yesterday to do so, but not sure if it would gets aproved.

When thats possible i would like to start working on an improved version. Learned allot over time about Angular and its possibilities. Now the dashboard gets auto generated, but would love to make it a user customized one.
  • swttt said:
    @Pils Well, it depends on Athom when i can really set a new step. Currently their api is ok, and easy. But i would love to submit a dashboard to the appstore. I found a way yesterday to do so, but not sure if it would gets aproved.

When thats possible i would like to start working on an improved version. Learned allot over time about Angular and its possibilities. Now the dashboard gets auto generated, but would love to make it a user customized one.
    Do you have that app also on Git?
  • swttt said:
    @Pils Well, it depends on Athom when i can really set a new step. Currently their api is ok, and easy. But i would love to submit a dashboard to the appstore. I found a way yesterday to do so, but not sure if it would gets aproved.

Do you have that app also on Git?
    Proof of concept uploaded here: https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.homeydash

This app justs show your bearer token on http://yourhomeyip:1337