This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• So yesterday i had some time again to work on the dashboard.
    Since i decided to rewrite the UI, i chose for bootstrap and added some own styles to it.

The 7inch display is too small to add "widgets" to the main page. So i might create seperate pages for the news and weather. The first thing i want to control is sabnzbd and unraid, after that the weather and news.

I am going to rewrite the api calls as well. Working on an angular factory that gets the current zone-id as input, and outputs all the devices as needed. I think this is a more clean way to do so. The main problem (still) is getting the state, i need to loop trough every device to get its current state and add it to the "main" array.

Let's hope Athom changes this in the future, so that 1 api call would suffice.
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited August 2016
    So i worked out the api calls again, and did some more commenting on my code.
    This means that i got my devices up and running again
    Not able to control yet tho, still need to try a few sliders to get that working

For now a video on how it looks on my tablet: (not sure if you have to login to slack first tho. If so, then comment and ill upload it to youtube.)
    https://athomcommunity.slack.com/files/swttt/F22221WE5/slack_for_ios_upload.mp4

EDIT: Just checked, you need to login to slack.....so uploading to youtube...DONE

• I just created a new github for the V2 i am working on, the old code stays up as well. (it doesn't differ allot, but is also working).

Do note, controlling devices isn't working yet in the V2. 

https://github.com/swttt/HomeDash_v2
  • Controlling the on/off is working now.
    Had to use a work around, since i couldn't get the PUT request working in the ngResource module. (cross origin something, it tried an OPTION request first...not really familiar with this)

Until i find a better way, i am using the standard $http now.

And here some current screenshots:

• swttt said:
    I just created a new github for the V2 i am working on, the old code stays up as well. (it doesn't differ allot, but is also working).

Do note, controlling devices isn't working yet in the V2. 

https://github.com/swttt/HomeDash_v2
    where can i find my :  "homey_api": "YOUR BEARER TOKEN HERE"

• ... I logged in to my.athom.com and then right clicked the big "Homey" button and choose: copy link address. Then pasted the result to notepad and then copied the bearer token from there. ...
    Like so, still need to add it to the readme :)
  • @swttt Would it also be possible to add Flow's to this dashboard. Like if the Dashboard shows the Living Room, it shows some pre selected flows like, Watching Movie, Comfort, Normal, Away?
  • @Arjan Someone mentioned betterlogic device, that should work. But you might need to create some extra flows for it. You could also try to code some functions yourself. In the end, the flow is just an on/off to the devices. You then need to create a function (that get triggered by a button) that sends a PUT requests to the devices.
  • @swttt  Could you advise a good developer /preview tool to developer tool?

Thanks.
  • @Arjan I am using Atom, but thats really up to personal preference. If you wich to edit some of the styles, i can recommend Codekit (14 days free trial if am right) for the compas compiling.
    If you have any questions or need some help on creating such a function, you can contact me on slack.
  • Just updated github with all the "rewritten" api calls.
    From here i'll add the dim functionality first, so that at least all the sockets and lights are controllable.
  • Video update: 

• Looks Great !!!
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited August 2016
    @ThijsDeJong ;
    Thanks!

Updated the code again, dimming works now.
    Latest code is on github.

Next up are the routes, so i can create extra "pages".

• Great work, nice to see you are constantly improving the looks and functionality of the dashboard. I think this is gonna be a must have for Homey users :smile: Gonna try V2 on short notice. Messed up the PI I had V1 running on so I am gonna reinstall that one and will give it a go.

Thumbs up!
  • ((I'm silently lurking in this thread, as surely many do. I'm not responding, but not less interested to use your app later on. Keep up the good work!))
  • Thanks guys.

Updated the Readme on github so it's easier to get started.
    Added the sensor page, but might try to handle it differently in an upcoming commit.
  • Awesome project !!! keep the good work going on !

Unfortunately it doesn't want to work on my mac mini. Just pasted my bearer token and opened the index.html in safari, but the page keep being white... Do you have a solution for this problem.

Thank you very much and again keep the nice work going on!
  • @dennisvanderhave:
    Should be an issue with cross domain requests.
    You should install (for example) xampp as a web server. This makes it able to connect from other devices to the dashboard as well. I tried to describe this in the readme as well.
  • Athomey said:
    ((I'm silently lurking in this thread, as surely many do. I'm not responding, but not less interested to use your app later on. Keep up the good work!))

Yes, the same for me.
    Keep up the good work!
  • Good to know :)
    Controlling lights and viewing sensors is already functional tho, so you could give it a spin ;)
    Going to update github in a few minutes, just added a new way to check the sensors in a certain room.
    You now can swipe from right to left to open the sensors bar, and close it with a left to right swipe :)

Video:

• phbphb Member
    @swttt  what  is the syntax which I have to add to the config.json for the ip and bearer token?
  • phb said:
    @swttt  what  is the syntax which I have to add to the config.json for the ip and bearer token?
    If you read the readme on github, you should know how to find your bearer token ;) (https://github.com/swttt/HomeDash_v2/blob/master/readme.md)
    The part you copy there contains also your ip adres (the part directly after http:// and before the first slash)
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2016
    Can't get in to work; I edited the config.json and filled in my own IP and bearer token.
    I added both with the " in it; so "192.168.1.200" and "thebeareridhere"

Tried it without the ", did not work either.

What is the correct format of the two values I add in the json file. If I know that for sure, I can check my server and other probable causes...

Thanks!
  • Eternity said:
    Can't get in to work; I edited the config.json and filled in my own IP and bearer token.
    I added both with the " in it; so "192.168.1.200" and "thebeareridhere"

Tried it without the ", did not work either.

What is the correct format of the two values I add in the json file. If I know that for sure, I can check my server and other probable causes...

Thanks!
    Both are saved as a string so within ", just replace the text with the values.
    What kind of errors are you getting in the console?
  • No errors, just a blank screen. The browser does show the name HomeyDash at the top of the page, so something IS working :-)
  • Make sure u use chrome as a browser.
    Should work on safari as wel. (current version on osx)
  • WORKING NOW !

Thanks

(I renamed the dir to HOMEY, after changing it to HomeyDash again, it worked)
  • Eternity said:
    WORKING NOW !

Thanks

(I renamed the dir to HOMEY, after changing it to HomeyDash again, it worked)
    Thats weird :D Glad it works tho ;)
  • After the first screen - which showd my Homey zones -  I now get blank screens gain. This must be caused by my server. Will check that out later today, other work to do.

Thanks @swttt !