This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.10.0

123457»

Comments

• Hmm must be a local thing then, thanks for checking 
  • olive said:
    Oke, thought it was 0.10.0 instead of 0.00.1

Homey is a paperweight again...

I would be really really annoyed of I have to reconnect all the devices again, and do so with all my flows...!!
    I mean ,, really really annoyed,

Devices, gone,
    Flows, destroyed,
    Apps, gone,
    Settings etc, gone,

are there easy fixes? or is this just another case of wait it out and hope for the best?

Same problem here, for me is this update a disaster

Homey is useless after update, same here.
  • Erwin1Erwin1 Member
    edited September 2016
    this saterday I had the same probleem as everyone else (dutch language, logica), after modifying some flows, and reïnstall better logic, everything looks fine, But I need to test better logic tomorrow. Dutch language is working again (also internal commands :-) ). Now I need to test ir. 

@johan_kreeft ; So at first you had the same issues as everyone else after updating to 0.10.0, but afterwards everything is now working? What did you do exactly and in what order? 
    Because you just might have the solution to the issues regarding 0.10.0...

And are you absolutely sure that the Dutch built in commands now work again? Could you test the following command: "OK Homey, wat voor dag is het vandaag?"
  • I had the same problem. But after giving up and coming back after 2 hours, all was fine.
    So I did not do anything. Just let the homey do it's thing and wait. 
  • My Kaku app (2.4.0 )crashes a lot on 0.10.0:

Stack trace:
    false Exit code: 0

Although usually exit code 0 means all is well - it still has the orange triangle next to it and Kaku devices do not work.
  • @Emile @Annemarie ;Maybe it's an idea to give developers of big apps like Plex, Kodi, better logic etc. A week with the new update to see if it is compatible and fix large bugs. 
    Yes please... Or run some automated test scripts - just sayin'...

Stack trace:

Although usually exit code 0 means all is well - it still has the orange triangle next to it and Kaku devices do not work.
    I'd definitely make an issue for this... Strange... Never had the KaKu app crash on me...
  • edited September 2016
    It never crashed before, until after the update. I'll create an issue, thanks.

Edit: #900! https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/900
  • Erwin1 said:
    this saterday I had the same probleem as everyone else (dutch language, logica), after modifying some flows, and reïnstall better logic, everything looks fine, But I need to test better logic tomorrow. Dutch language is working again (also internal commands :-) ). Now I need to test ir. 

@johan_kreeft ; So at first you had the same issues as everyone else after updating to 0.10.0, but afterwards everything is now working? What did you do exactly and in what order? 
    Because you just might have the solution to the issues regarding 0.10.0...

And are you absolutely sure that the Dutch built in commands now work again? Could you test the following command: "OK Homey, wat voor dag is het vandaag?"

Sorry, I was wrong, I said turn the lights on in the kitchen (doe de lampen aan in de keuekn), I don't have a flow with such a command, but if I say what time is it or 
    Heads or tails (kop of munt) Homey doesn't response
  • @johan_kreeft too bad, I had some hope after reading your post. But no problem!  ;)
  • KeepT said:
    Phuturist said:
    KeepT said:
    @KeepT If have version 0.9.5 of BL on FW0.10.0 and don't have this problem.
    Same here.

Just checked my versions: BL 0.9.5 and fw is 0.10.0. I can make BL variables, but when i do a power cycle, all variables are gone. Also, I noticed that my soundboard files are gone after power cycle. Something is seriously wrong. Is nothing saved then afyer power cycle? No, the flows are still there (but crippled with the missing variables)
    So I did a clean install BL is on 0.9.5. made flows, variables and uploaded files in sounboard. But again after power cycle al Betterlogic variables are gone again. Sounbboard is empty. Any advise? Tips to test what goes wrong? Anyone withmthe same problems?
    Read my post earlier, I experienced the same issue. Someone on Slack said that after some more reboots they settings (and BL variables) finally where persistent. Do not dare to do another reboot though to find out.

[Solution alert] at least I hope for others as well
    After 32 power cycles i found the solution to homeys inability to save the bl variables and soundboard files. Turns out that, after installing the app and even doing power cycles,  these apps are incapable to hold variables or save files, but only after making these apps inactive ("uitschakelen") and reactivating them, they are now able to hold variables and save files. So somehow this "activates" the app  or puts it into "on" modus. Next i did this "app-activating-cycle"  (aac) for all of my apps and guess what, my homey can hear my battery-powered kaku devices! 
    Jump for joy! God only knows what else is fixed by the aac, but sure i am gonna find out tonight.
    Hope this advise help others as well.

@KeepT ;

Legend! I've tried:
    1. Reboot
    2. Reinstalling the KaKa app.

What did work:
    1. Disable all installed apps (already deleted the KaKu app, but disabled it once again)
    2. Reboot
    3. Powercycle
    4. Enabled all apps
    5. Could reconnect all KaKu devices.
    Note: the AWMT-003 is beter recognized as APA2-2300R but that's an 'old' workaround

Thanks for the info about the powercycle and disabling
  • Solution for disappearing apps, menu's etc was found by Athom:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/890#issuecomment-249662873
  • KeepT said:
    Phuturist said:
    KeepT said:
    @KeepT If have version 0.9.5 of BL on FW0.10.0 and don't have this problem.
    Same here.

Just checked my versions: BL 0.9.5 and fw is 0.10.0. I can make BL variables, but when i do a power cycle, all variables are gone. Also, I noticed that my soundboard files are gone after power cycle. Something is seriously wrong. Is nothing saved then afyer power cycle? No, the flows are still there (but crippled with the missing variables)
    So I did a clean install BL is on 0.9.5. made flows, variables and uploaded files in sounboard. But again after power cycle al Betterlogic variables are gone again. Sounbboard is empty. Any advise? Tips to test what goes wrong? Anyone withmthe same problems?
    Read my post earlier, I experienced the same issue. Someone on Slack said that after some more reboots they settings (and BL variables) finally where persistent. Do not dare to do another reboot though to find out.

[Solution alert] at least I hope for others as well
    After 32 power cycles i found the solution to homeys inability to save the bl variables and soundboard files. Turns out that, after installing the app and even doing power cycles,  these apps are incapable to hold variables or save files, but only after making these apps inactive ("uitschakelen") and reactivating them, they are now able to hold variables and save files. So somehow this "activates" the app  or puts it into "on" modus. Next i did this "app-activating-cycle"  (aac) for all of my apps and guess what, my homey can hear my battery-powered kaku devices! 
    Jump for joy! God only knows what else is fixed by the aac, but sure i am gonna find out tonight.
    Hope this advise help others as well.

@KeepT ;

Legend! I've tried:
    1. Reboot
    2. Reinstalling the KaKa app.

What did work:
    1. Disable all installed apps (already deleted the KaKu app, but disabled it once again)
    2. Reboot
    3. Powercycle
    4. Enabled all apps
    5. Could reconnect all KaKu devices.
    Note: the AWMT-003 is beter recognized as APA2-2300R but that's an 'old' workaround

Thanks for the info about the powercycle and disabling

Your welcome.
    Beta testing is in my DNA.
    It took a bit of my time, but then it got me and my homey(s) a step further

Stack trace:

I'd definitely make an issue for this... Strange... Never had the KaKu app crash on me...

My kaku 2.4.0 crashes as well (fw 0.10.0) but not on all devices. It crashes on e.g the doorbell. I can pair it up to Homey, the first trigger from the doorbell causes Homey to crash.
    Work around (for now) is to reset the 433 microcontroller via a post command after the doorbell has been rang.

• Does anybody recognize that since v0.10.0 all devices and all flows have gone at my IPad while they are still available at my windows laptop and my iMac? I'm using Chrome at all three.
  • Not really an answer to your question, but Chrome on iOS is not really Chrome but Webkit with a Chrome-look.
    So maybe they changed something that makes it incompatible now...
  • KeepT said:
    My kaku 2.4.0 crashes as well (fw 0.10.0) but not on all devices. It crashes on e.g the doorbell. I can pair it up to Homey, the first trigger from the doorbell causes Homey to crash.
    Work around (for now) is to reset the 433 microcontroller via a post command after the doorbell has been rang.

Just curious, but does it trigger a flow or will it just crash?
  • So I added the Samsung remote. The TV switched on/off when the Homey heard 'TV'. Excitement all over the place!

Next stop: The cable box so I could actually see a channel. Took me 20 minutes to add all the buttons from the remote. Added a flow which 'sends' digit 1.....and all IR stuff stopped working. Great :neutral: 

Error: too_many_devices (yeah, cause 2 is a shitload.....)

So I removed the Samsung remote. For that one I can add within a minute. Down to 1 remote should do the trick right? Can't be too many...

Error: Cannot read property 'device' of undefined

For goodness sake.....I know it's in the unstable channel. But unstable usually means 'some things are working, some things are not'. Athom changed it too 'you might find something that works for a little while'

Athom, I know comments like these do not add to the motivation of the developers. But it's also unfair to hail and praise while actually it's a bit messed up. Please, please, please focus on getting the basic promises straight and stable for 90% of the population. Creating an in-house solution to also please the other 10% is really cool, but might result in a 100% fail of the product.

Minimal Viable Product....does it (led) ring a bell? ;)
  • BartOtten said:
    So I added the Samsung remote. The TV switched on/off when the Homey heard 'TV'. Excitement all over the place!

Minimal Viable Product....does it (led) ring a bell? ;)
    This is known already :wink: 
    Will be fixed in 0.10.1.
  • mrandersonmranderson Member
    edited September 2016
    is this a known error with the chromecast? Worked fine before.

Tried deleting the device and adding it again (didn't help, by the way), and I also got quite a few duplicates in the list. 

I also found out why my hues aren't turned on in the morning anymore. The flow stops/hangs on the first dimmer card, so only the first light is turned on. Anyone else having this problem?

2.JPG 15.9K
    3.JPG 25.1K
  • @mranderson HUE is a known bug and solved in 10.1
  • @mranderson missing_listeners is a known bug and is solved in 0.10.1
  • nklerk said:
    Julian said:
    That is pretty annoying, I have a number of 'away' flows which trigger based on the original starting time (even one with 665 minutes so it does its thing the next day). Now I have to the calculations again, no biggie, but glad you found that out and not so glad these kinda big changes are not communicated to us by Athom. 
    I removed all cards and re added them and the timings behaved different again. I'm not sure how this is affected but there is something wrong with the delays. I have to test more to find the exact bahaviour 
    I have also made a test flow and it keeps on working the 'new' way. Could someone from @Athom ; perhaps inform us formally if this is a bug or a (new) feature? So will this behaviour stay when all the bugs are fixed or will it go back to the old way? This to avoid that I need to test and recalculate my delays everytime a new FW comes out. 

• @Julian ;
    Can't find it on slack but if my memory serves me well it was labeled as a bug and will be fixed
  • Ah yes, that's where I read it!
  • Thanks guys, next time I will go through Github before posting here! Although the name of the issue on Github does not really indicate this issue specifically...
  • Yes, thanks @Phuturist @Arjan. Will also look more closely on github before posting ;)
This discussion has been closed.