This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.9.3

Comments

• HansieNL said:
    433 still not recognized at distance more than 1 meter? This problem I have with KaKu, Action and Lightwave RF.
    My remote controls are worthless this way  :'(
    Looks like either there is a hardware defect or to much interference from something. try placing your homey somewhere else and see if it's getting better or worse. Reception should be quite good actually.
  • HansieNL said:
    433 still not recognized at distance more than 1 meter? This problem I have with KaKu, Action and Lightwave RF.
    My remote controls are worthless this way 
    I tested the Elro's on a distance off 50 cm. Nothing works.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited August 2016
    nklerk said:
    HansieNL said:
    My remote controls are worthless this way 
    Looks like either there is a hardware defect or to much interference from something. try placing your homey somewhere else and see if it's getting better or worse. Reception should be quite good actually.
    With older firmware (don't remember wicht one) it worked much better. Do I don't think it's a hardware defect.
    It seems that I'm not the only one with this problem.
  • HansieNL said:
    Same here with KaKu 1000 versions, still not pairing.... This is a real real disappointment after 0.89 update
  • So again they missed a target.

On May 13 Emile wrote 
    "Within two months we expect to have audio streaming to Sonos and other Bluetooth & Wi-Fi speakers working"

On July 1 Emile wrote 
    "Music support will also come before September" 

and now 
    "To wrap up, in the upcoming two months you can expect Infrared, Music, Bluetooth LE, Notifications and a lot of small improvements!"

I'm a little bit disappointed, and of course i know they work as hard as they can, but I was expecting it would work by now. 

• JaxcJaxc Member
    edited August 2016
    Somfy and Kaku stopt working for me with 9.3 update

edit : fixed after PTP solution <3
  • @jovink ;
    It's beta :) 

Noo worries bee happiness! 
  • MarcoF said:
    @jovink ;

I know Marco. But it has nothing to do with beta. 
  • "Homeee is aan het updaten, schakel Homeee niet uit voordat het updaten klaar is"

Homey pronounces "Homey" as "Homeee" in Dutch. Maybe u guys could let Homey say "Homie" instead so he pronounces it better?
    My daughters name is Sheila but I type Shiela in Homey so it sounds better.
  • jovink said:
    MarcoF said:
    @jovink ;

I know Marco. But it has nothing to do with beta. 

I know ;) (the beta card is easy to play) 
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited August 2016
    It is always the same story, you just have to take Athom's estimates and multiply them with π and then take your expectations and divide them with planck's constant to get a semi accurate truth. 

• SdR said:
    HansieNL said:
    Same here with KaKu 1000 versions, still not pairing.... This is a real real disappointment after 0.89 update
    Same here :(
  • hope soon at least a 0.9.x version could be release as stable.. to turn back on my homey...and do some tests..
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited August 2016
    Sommo said:
    hope soon at least a 0.9.x version could be release as stable.. to turn back on my homey...and do some tests..
    If you are not using Homey, whats the loss in installing the experimental version? At the moment there is no difference anyway
  • It's more and more going to look like a student project.
  • i haven't found any issues yet. I'm not yet using zwave with homey, domoticz is still doing this for now. KaKu is working perfect. Off course all the great community apps work perfect to.
  • CassieCassie Member
    edited August 2016
    I must say I also am happy with Homey. Kaku, hue, IFTTT, Soft, Solar panals all works just fine. Sure, I always want more, but as Homey works right now, I think it is great.
  • I agree, the Athom team is making progress and I think they are very grateful to receive al our positive feedback that will help them make the Homey a great domotica solution. Imagine what it can do next year if all bugs are squashed.
  • You don't have to say it's working great for you. Ask the question:"Why is'nt it working for the other members"
  • posthok said:
    You don't have to say it's working great for you. Ask the question:"Why is'nt it working for the other members"
    Why not? Why arent you asking "Why is it working for other members". Saying stuff is working as intended is the same as saying it isn't right. There are a lot of "the glass is half empty" people here though. Doesnt make the community a happy place to roam.

I really like the progress Athom has been showing the last 2 months. Zwave needs a little more attention as it still crashes (or is constantly busy) from time to time since I paired my Fibaro Motion sensor Zwave+ but other then that I'm starting to get quite happy.

• Yes, me to.
    And I'd like to contribute as much as possible to make it even greater.
  • Sommo said:
    hope soon at least a 0.9.x version could be release as stable.. to turn back on my homey...and do some tests..
    The same here. Starting all over again.

If you are not using Homey, whats the loss in installing the experimental version? At the moment there is no difference anyway
    Then you're stuck in the experimental mode because you can't switch it back to 'off'.

• Sommo said:

Then you're stuck in the experimental mode because you can't switch it back to 'off'.

it's what i think, need a stable to start working on.
  • Sommo said:

Doesn't matter.
    If you disable automatic updates, the next time there is a stable release you just install that one and you're back to stable.
    If there is an experimental release after that, it won't get installed automatically and you're 'safe' on stable :smile: 
  • SommoSommo Member
    edited August 2016
    @Fire69 : are u sure is it so simple? anyway i would like to see at firmware.athom.com, a stable release (not just for the name) to know that some bugs are really fixed, so i don't have to get trouble in something that i could never resolve... another thing, that i miss a lot is IR, i have many devices that i need to control with IR, so i think that or a stable release or IRelease can turn on my homey..
  • Sommo said:
    @Fire69 : are u sure is it so simple? 
    Yep.  That's how I do it also.
    I'm at experimental, but I always wait a couple of days after they are released so I can check the reactions of the other users.
    If you don't want to install it, just wait for the stable release.
  • Yep.

Perhaps @Emile could confirm this once and for all. When a new version hits stable the button to install experimental versions gets reset.

It's a bit ridiculous to wait and keep Homey in the box, for a lot of people the current version is working fine (me included). Unless you need IR ;)
  • Somfy and Kaku stopt working for me with 9.3 update

Kaku stopped working here also, what do you meen with PTP solution ?
  • Somfy and Kaku stopt working for me with 9.3 update

Kaku stopped working here also, what do you meen with PTP solution ?
    Pull The Plug, wait 30secs and Put The Plug Back.
  • Yep.

Perhaps @Emile could confirm this once and for all. When a new version hits stable the button to install experimental versions gets reset.
    You should always be able to go back to the last stable version.

It's a bit ridiculous to wait and keep Homey in the box, for a lot of people the current version is working fine (me included). Unless you need IR ;)
    Version 0.8.39 is not compatible with the 0.9.x. To start now with the 0.8.39 can mean a lot of extra work.
    For sure if your version is already not compatible with the 0.8.39.
This discussion has been closed.