This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.9.3

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
edited August 2016 in Archive
Homey v0.9.3 has been released to the experimental channel.

Changelog:
  • Fixed a bug where Homey could freeze after speaking
  • Fixed a bug where the Z-Wave chip would become unresponsive after changing the region
  • Added functionality to allow the same driver support multiple Z-Wave productIds
  • Changed `Wh` to `kWh` for capability `meter_power`
  • Improved Z-Wave speed
  • Improved Dutch translation
  • Various improvements

Comments

• Is IR still offline?
  • edited August 2016
    https://firmware.athom.com/

"

0.9.3 experimental

• Fixed a bug where Homey could freeze after speaking
    • Fixed a bug where the Z-Wave chip would become unresponsive after changing the region
    • Added functionality to allow the same driver support multiple Z-Wave productIds
    • Changed `Wh` to `kWh` for capability `meter_power`
    • Improved Z-Wave speed
    • Improved Dutch translation
    • Various improvements

Note: Infrared is still disabled in this version

"
    Excuse me for double posting the update.
  • @KoenMartens ;
    IR will be added when 0.10.* updates come around, and we are still in 0.9.* so yes, IR is still offline
  • Is there need to reinstall zwave the devices ?
  • Is the Secure Z-wave bug fixed ? dont see it in the changelog..
  • Why is it that i need almost always restart my Homey first if i wanna update it? otherwise Homey don't download the update.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited August 2016
    Got the following error while installing: "extractpath_not_writable" 
    The Led Ring is finished with blue cycling and is now rainbowcycling. The blue loadingbar of the progress seems to be at 100%, but the button was "installing..."

Log: 7FA79DC28D
    A reboot didn't fix it.
    Removed Fibaro App (I had the not released update for the relays and a updated z-wave driver installed) and rebooted again. This fixed the problem. 

• With all due respect, I think this is a very small update. This is more like a quick fix, and it took Athom 3 weeks to make this? 
    And it's kind of a bitter pill to swallow seeing as said that the next update IR would be added again(this update). Now we have to wait at least 2-3 weeks before we *may* see IR return. 

Come on guys at athom, what the hell? 
  • Heppienes manager? 
  • i just need to say this i guess... again

i'm so happy people know EXACTLY what has happend in the update.
    We definitely know how certain bugs were fixed/found out how to fix,
    how they made z-wave faster,
    and what improvements there were.

we know exactly what has happend behind the scenes, to fixes/functionalities that have not been released yet
    </sarcasme>

come on people, stop complaining about "this is just an small update" or "ir still not implemented?"

They said Specifically that it would be in the 0.10.* update, maybe it was wrong to use "next update" even though it should have been "next BIG update", this is still a 0.9.* update, so NOT .10.

Why are some people only seeing the bad in everything, always seeing the worst possible situation that they can think of.. does that make your life any better?
  • Changelogs are and will never be a athom thing.
  • mruiter said:
    Changelogs are and will never be a athom thing.
    Bullsh.. Changelogs are there to inform people what has changed. Not how that happened. 
  • It seems voice trigger word Hey Homey is not working anymore? Can I try to reset the voice learning for my voice specifically?
  • caseda said:
    come on people, stop complaining about "this is just an small update" or "ir still not implemented?"
    1 person. 1 person complained about it.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    1 person. 1 person complained about it.
    and i know, more people will think this way if they will read that very post :smile: 

especially, because the very exact same thing happend the previous update(s)

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited August 2016
    mruiter said:
    Changelogs are and will never be a athom thing.
    Bullsh.. Changelogs are there to inform people what has changed. Not how that happened. 
    it would be if they had a nice up2date and proper bugtracking system.
    But i guess youre bullshit stands for the level of youre changelog knowledge aka bullshit level  D

You make changelogs as detailed as is handy for the user base. We are the testers and there also using us to produce apps to make them more populair.

Now we have to keep track on slack general and dev channel , github, a forum without a decent search, a not up2date github bugtrack and so on.

Taking it from youre view on changelogs.... Its its a really really small update. especially when they where hammering on it did not matter emile was on holiday. check, confirmed. 

A
  • And dawn, at least fix does dawn forum smillies, you can download the hotfix from Vanilla
  • IR was the main reason I bought a Homey. For a few weeks my vacuum cleaner, let's call her "de poets" was very happy and cleaned my room every other day. However now she is only only collecting dust in her docking station. She is waiting to get a signal to start cleaning again. Sadly enough Homey is ignoring her..

Luckily enough "de poets" has a lot of patience and she will wait for Homey. My girlfriend, however, isn't that relaxed.. she thinks it's a mess. Every time she asks when I start cleaning again I tell her, next Friday I have time to clean.

This is going on for a few weeks now, so hopefully IR is in so me, my girlfriend and "de poets" can be happy again in a clean home.
  • Thanks for the update.

whats wrong with the changelog? I think its more then sufficient. It states it's changes in this version. What else should a change log include?

do people really believe this is all they did last three weeks? Or are they just trying to look dumb? This says nothing about their progress to version 0.10.0. Or the amount of work they have done past weeks or how easy or complicated it must've been fixing these issues.

if your disappointed that 0.10 is not out now. Just say this, I think it's not nice to say such ugly things because you are anticipating something.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited August 2016
    Maybee, what bugs where fixed (or is it just those 2 ? dawn )  maybee nice to know if i can get back to get the apps to work better. Secure adding of zwave possible again ? Battery reporting fixed etc etc ?
    Github bugtracking is a mess
  • Then dont a bèta and wait for the retail version. If something is wrong then..... than you can complain
  • Trustme2 said:
    With all due respect, I think this is a very small update. This is more like a quick fix, and it took Athom 3 weeks to make this? 
    And it's kind of a bitter pill to swallow seeing as said that the next update IR would be added again(this update). Now we have to wait at least 2-3 weeks before we *may* see IR return. 

Come on guys at athom, what the hell? 
    Didn't YOU go on vacation or will go ?
  • Yeah every employee should fully focus on secure secure zwave. How dare they think ahead and change other stuf. 

Who said someone is or isn't working on this?! 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited August 2016
    Erwin75 said:
    Then dont a bèta and wait for the retail version. If something is wrong then..... than you can complain
    Erwin75 said:
    Then dont a bèta and wait for the retail version. If something is wrong then..... than you can complain
    Lol, i did and am doing more beta project supports then you will every do in youre lifetime  D

I can sense when its losing momentum
  • I'm not judging but i'm disappointed. In the communication between te community and athom is a lot of space to 
    interpret things. 

I had also expected IR to be back. And just because of the fact that we left in the dark about what is happening in the back of the office you get false hopes. Not that the always have to share everything. But they heave to learn to share at the right moment. We saw the notification center 2 month ago. But it is still a work in progress.
  • I also kinda expected it. But it's clearly not ready yet. So we all have to wait until it is. I think communication is acutely very good. It's clear where their priorities are and they are active on multiple communication channels. I don't know many companies that are so close and communicative with their users. 
  • I have problems to enable my 4 ELRO devices after update to release 0.93. Can not switch them on or of with Homey. Type is AB440SC. 
    Deleting the app and re-installing dit not work.
    Are there others with the same problem ?

• 433 still not recognized at distance more than 1 meter? This problem I have with KaKu, Action and Lightwave RF.
    My remote controls are worthless this way  :'(
  • HansieNL said:
    433 still not recognized at distance more than 1 meter? This problem I have with KaKu, Action and Lightwave RF.
    My remote controls are worthless this way  :'(

I have like 13m with my NEXA 433 wall switch , strange !  
This discussion has been closed.