This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2016
    I can confirm the above works, I have this working with Domoticz. I have a FGS-222 in my living room, which switches my Hue lights (the state of the switch is seen by Domoticz, and if the state is "on" the Hue lights are lit). 
    In my kitchen I have another FGS-222. This also switches the Hue lights. So, I can use two different switches to toggle the Hue lights on/off. I can use the Domoticz interface to switch the lights, too. 

I have a third FGS-222 to switch my bathroom lights. One node for 1 set of lights, the other for a second set of lights. The two sets are never switched on together at the same time. So, I created a third flow (in Domoticz) that switches al my downstairs lights Off if these two bathroom switches are set to On. 

The bathroom lights are actually never manually switches on by me, a motion sensor switches light set 1 *or* 2 on, depending on the time of day. 

This also mirrors what you want to achieve ; the bathroom lights can be manually switches on, and/or via a flow or App. 

The switches I use are toggle switches (the spring back to the outward position, the do not have an up or down state) 
  • Thanks @caseda and @Eternity. Looks like it's a possible use case.

Now I have to put my money where my mouth is.  B)
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    @Eternity  (woops needed to edit user *shame*) 
    Hope you configured it right:

When a switch goes back to its original position it's a momentary switch (stays on for a moment). 

A normal switch that stays in its current position (on/off) is a toggle switch (toggles state on or off)
  • @caseda ;

I never get that memorised... Momentary versus toggle... 

The 222's are controlled via momentary switches. 

PS
    What's a latch switched? 
  • Latch switch:
    Is a button that will change its state off -> on, then the button itself jumps back out but the state stays on so you press it again to change the state back to off. 

So it's more a button then a switch
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    Does anybody have the older types of the relay's (221 & 211)?
    or are most of them the newer version (222 & 212), i don't know when they were introduced

And i need some volunteers to test the driver for the 212.
    It will most likely work properly, but i can't test it myself.
    And really want it tested at least once before sending in a pull request
    (it will have the same bug where S1 will not show the proper status, but the main controller will have the correct status of S1)
  • I have one 221 that runs my velux curtains,  need any info?  
  • @djesko ;
    I don't really need more information, just if i need to add these 2 as well, won't take too much time, almost direct copy paste of the newer versions.

Only bad thing is that i'm not able to test it myself again.
  • Please add it,  can test it for you 

Thanks 
  • @djesko ;
    oh man, there are so many variants out there of the 221 (7 in total).
    So i will need some info (for now until athom has a way to include multiple device id's).
    What device id do you have, or if you don't know, what firmware version do you have
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited August 2016
    does the xml from HC2 help ? 

Device kind:On / Off Switch
    Device type:FGS221 Switch 2x1,5kW EU
    Producer:Fibargroup
    Version:2.1
    Configuration:Device configured

• yeah definitely! and it confirms what i already though which one it would be :smiley: 
    Thank you.!

already writen the driver now
  • if you need more XML files on TKB , fibaro etc i will export them for you , thanks
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    Now the only thing i need is some tester(s) before i send it in as a pull request:
    added drivers: FGS-211, FGS-212, FGS-221, FGS-222
    https://github.com/caseda/com.fibaro/tree/Development

EDIT: if you are trying to install it, don't forget to install the Z-Wave driver as well before installing it to homey:
    https://github.com/athombv/node-homey-zwavedriver

Keep in mind, it still has the bug where Relay 1 will not update it's status automatically.
    I don't know how this will work out with the singel relay ones, but if you use it this way:
    [IF] -> Main controller
          -> Input 2 (S2)
    [AND] -> Main controller
               -> Input 2 (S2)
    [THEN] -> Main controller or Relay (S1 & Q1)
                 -> Input 2 (S2) 
    It should (always) work.

The real (and only) question i have is what homey is going to do with S2 inputs (in all the columns) of the singel relays.

If you find any issues, please send it via a direct message, don't want to litter this threat with this
  • can you add FGBS321  if i give you the XML file ?  

I can test test FGS221 later this weekend , 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm adding the Universal Binary Sensor next (tomorrow)
    I have one in my possession so i can "easily" create driver for it :) without temperature sensors though

Don't know how to handle temperature yet either, since it's not a requirement to have them attached.
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited August 2016
    I can send you a temp sensor   ;)

Thanks for your work!  
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    caseda said:
    Now the only thing i need is some tester(s) before i send it in as a pull request:
    added drivers: FGS-211, FGS-212, FGS-221, FGS-222
    https://github.com/caseda/com.fibaro/tree/Development

Keep in mind, it still has the bug where Relay 1 will not update it's status automatically.
    I don't know how this will work out with the singel relay ones, but if you use it this way:
    [IF] -> Main controller
          -> Input 2 (S2)
    [AND] -> Main controller
               -> Input 2 (S2)
    [THEN] -> Main controller or Relay (S1 & Q1)
                 -> Input 2 (S2) 
    It should (always) work.

The real (and only) question i have is what homey is going to do with S2 inputs (in all the columns) of the singel relays.

If you find any issues, please send it via a direct message, don't want to litter this threat with this
    if you give me a detailed description how to test the 221 driver ;) i can test it for u 2

• JaxcJaxc Member
    caseda said:
    I'm adding the Universal Binary Sensor next (tomorrow)
    I have one in my possession so i can "easily" create driver for it :) without temperature sensors though

Don't know how to handle temperature yet either, since it's not a requirement to have them attached.
    That would be great, i use the bin sensor as a trigger for my NFC card reader to open my front door :)
  • Hi Remco,

I've tested your 221 driver but it isn't working for me.
    The ProductID is 265 (and the other switch is 263).
    I'm running firmware 0.9.2
  • @FlorisVanIngen ;
    it seems like you are using an older firmware (on the device itself).
    until athom comes with a solution for multiple deviceid's i will add your id's as well, maybe even trying something new :smile:

give me a few minutes and it will work
  • @FlorisVanIngen ;
    you can try again, have added your deviceId's to the driver/app

hopefully this will become better soon, there will be so many devices if we need to include all id's as a separate device
  • On both the same error.
    Cannot GET /app/com.fibaro/drivers/FGS-221/assets/learnmode.svg
  • oh my, i completely forget to change all icon's as wel.! wooops, changed them now as well.

I'm so sorry.!  :s
  • i did continuing pairing, with no result. Still unrecognized, default z-wave device

• casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    Ah, i assumed that the productTypeId would stay the same, but this also changes, updated as well :smile:
    so now it should really work.!

Note to myself, never assume anything.!
  • tried this morning but still no luck, i think it is the same version on Github.
  • @FlorisVanIngen ;
    I will bump the version number to 1.0.7 (in about an hour) then it's visible if you have the latest version
  • @caseda,

1.0.7 in the app store??
    That would be great since I'm not that familiair with git and I can test as well
This discussion has been closed.