This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

0.8.39 experimental

Comments

• mglatmglat Member
    I did a back the factory reboot (upside down for 10 sec). Did the whole setup intro. Firmware is is still on .39
    And now Homey does not recognize any of my z-wave devices anymore. Any tips how to fix this?
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    you have to wait until the rewrite of z-wave by athom. there will be no more fixes till then!
    so you have to wait 2-3 weeks.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    But adding more Z-wave devices shouldn't be a problem in 0.8.39... Did you reset your devices?
  • WeezulWeezul Member
    tim1990 said:
    Just to make sure before doing a lot of work for nothing! 

Mij kaku doesn 't work since the update. If i read emile news post right i Just have to readd them to make it works again? 

If thats the case i know what i' 'm doing on my sunday  B)

That is correct. You have to add your devices again. I am surprised, and a bit worried... mine just worked out of the box. Kaku triggers all seem to be fine?
  • I would like to know if there are other people having Kaku problems.  Did a factory reset yesterday after being on. 39 for a few days in the hope it would fix my Kaku not responding to homey. 

Did not work for me. 

I can add a dimmer by using the remote. At the testing fase, testing the dimmer with the remote works. Light turns on and off  and the state is  displayed correctly. But be switching the light on or off through homey, the light does not switch on or off.

Would like to know if it is a hardware problem on my side or a more general problem. 
  • JulianJulian Member
    Well, I have some erratic KAKU/433 behaviour. I have automatic curtains (Forest, this is 433mhz) which open automatically in the morning based on a time trigger. The last couple of days the curtains are closed when I come down, so the trigger did not fire (or the 433 mhz did not work). But when I give Homey the voice command to open the curtains they open?!? So no clue yet why the original trigger failed.  
  • glijieglijie Member
    No problems at all here with kaku
    using:
    Motion sensors
    Sockets
    Remote controle 
    Contact sensor
    Night sensor
    Doorbell

• Hmm so they are are working. For me if I manually toggle the Kaku in the app or the homey Web page they do not work.

Could the transceiver be broken? At least the transmit part? 
  • PeaoPeao Member
    I just had a "ask for confirmation" (inverted) flow running and Homey keeps spinning with white light for 10 mins and counting.
  • mglatmglat Member
    But adding more Z-wave devices shouldn't be a problem in 0.8.39... Did you reset your devices?
    In the Fibaro manual it says to reset the device you have to diconnected it from power. Meaning disassembling my wall switches again!?!? That would be a BIG bummer. Any way to reset the device by pushing the switch in a patron?
  • mglatmglat Member
    mglat said:
    In the Fibaro manual it says to reset the device you have to diconnected it from power. Meaning disassembling my wall switches again!?!? That would be a BIG bummer. Any way to reset the device by pushing the switch in a patron?
    Phiew, found a workaround. The device can be excluded by Homey even if it is not in it's network at that moment. Just set Homey in "remove Node" mode and the device in learning mode. The device is removed and can be added again to Homey.
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited June 2016
    mglat said:
    mglat said:
    Phiew, found a workaround. The device can be excluded by Homey even if it is not in it's network at that moment. Just set Homey in "remove Node" mode and the device in learning mode. The device is removed and can be added again to Homey.
    And wil get a reset! (So you have to set your parameters again.)

(btw, is not a work around but just how z-wave works;))
  • glijie said:
    using:
    Motion sensors
    Sockets
    Remote controle 
    Contact sensor
    Night sensor
    Doorbell

Everything from kaku works but my night sensor works a few times and after that it keeps saying ON-state, do you experience the same? I've re-added it already, i've rebooted, ...
  • glijieglijie Member
    btwvince said:
    glijie said:
    using:
    Motion sensors
    Sockets
    Remote controle 
    Contact sensor
    Night sensor
    Doorbell

Everything from kaku works but my night sensor works a few times and after that it keeps saying ON-state, do you experience the same? I've re-added it already, i've rebooted, ...
    No,  just tested it about 20 times and it keeps working as supposed. 
  • glijie said:
    btwvince said:
    glijie said:
    using:
    Motion sensors
    Sockets
    Remote controle 
    Contact sensor
    Night sensor
    Doorbell

No,  just tested it about 20 times and it keeps working as supposed. 
    20 times the same day. That's working here also but a day or 2 later it stays in ON state

• Last night my homey updated from 0.8.38 to 0.8.39 (which is now called stable) 
    Somehow it crashed after the update, ping replied, ssh gave me a logon prompt, http not responding so I PTP (™ @marcof) ;
    After homey got back I noticed there was no more data logged from my Aeotec MultiSensors. I did a reset with data erase to start from scratch. Added a MultiSensor only to find out it's still not logging data to Insights.

Don't feel like installing all apps again, adding all other devices and recreating all my flows, please wake me at 1.0.0 :(
  • casedacaseda Member
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;
    The not logging everything is a known bug in .39.
    The bug includes a lot of things in z-wave, like all triggers not working and automatic refresh of the mobile cards neither.
  • KeepTKeepT Member
    In 0.8.39
    Kaku stopped working, but not for all devices.

AFR-060 is not working. Not even after reconnecting the device to Homey (the device is recognized by the kaku app, but cannot be switched), not after reinstalling kaku app, not after rebooting Homey.

APIR-2150 is working fine, though

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited June 2016
    caseda said:
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;
    The not logging everything is a known bug in .39.
    The bug includes a lot of things in z-wave, like all triggers not working and automatic refresh of the mobile cards neither.

Ok, but as I read it, that was solved after re-adding the devices and applied mostly to KAKU devices.
    I'm sorry, but promoting this from experimental to stable is a stupid move with a total lack of respect to the current user beta testing homey and I feel Athom gave me the same thing the British gave the EU.

• casedacaseda Member
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;
    with kaku, for most devices this is true.
    But for z-wave he said the re-add needs to be done when the re-write is done, not with this patch though.
    but i agree, .38 was a better candidate for stable
  • FW 0.8.39 (stable)

Im experiencing Allot of network losses wich result in my hue not going on or off at the programmed times.
    i have to reset homey almost twice a day to reconnect to my wifi network..
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited June 2016

Don't feel like installing all apps again, adding all other devices and recreating all my flows, please wake me at 1.0.0
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;

Please stay onboard; your effort with the Aeotec sensors is highly appreciated! 
  • KeepTKeepT Member
    Another thing i notifed is that the notification of push messages stopped working in 0.8.39. Am I the only one with this problem?
    I rebooted, made a new flow with notification, but the problem persists.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    0.8.39 is very stable on breaking/freezing homey. 

So just accept this until 1.0.0 is released.

(here zwave never worked as expected, IR (leds) is/are dead, push notifications aren't working, presence detection is failing, devices constantly needs to be fixed, listening needs to be improved big time, zigbee/BT still miles away, almost every homey is  behaving differently depending on install apps or used protocols, etc etc and it's all by "design" (I read in the athom blog)) 
  • KeepT said:
    Another thing i notifed is that the notification of push messages stopped working in 0.8.39. Am I the only one with this problem?
    I rebooted, made a new flow with notification, but the problem persists.

Notifications also not working here...(0.8.39)
  • SjoerdSjoerd Member
    Yesterday my Homey updated from 0.8.32 to 0.8.39. Since then my Action power switches are not working anymore.
    Did two power cycles but still nothing.

Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Sjoerd said:
    Yesterday my Homey updated from 0.8.32 to 0.8.39. Since then my Action power switches are not working anymore.

They never worked for me.
  • Sjoerd said:

Yep, me too. With previous fw power cycle solved it, but not anymore.
  • I am guessing something broke all 433 MHz devices. For me it is Kaku.   
  • KeepTKeepT Member
    no, @MennoVanGrinsven ; not all kakus are dead. e.g. my Kaky APIR-2150 is working fine.
    And some other 433 MHz devices work as well.

So the problem is not specific to 433 and does not effect all Kaku.