This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

German voice recognition

First of all thank you very much for the video, @Emile.
However, I noticed that you said that the German voice recognition is not supported at the moment.
Would be great if you could tell me what the plan on this is and when it will be made available?

Comments

• I believe Emile said they will roll out languages as Homey becomes available in those countries. I'm just not sure if they mean retail, preorder or kickstarter. So tomorrow at the earliest and in a couple of months at its latest?
  • In the video he just said that they will add other languages over time and I am wondering what that specifically means because that is a very important feature to me.
  • Unfortunately this is no answer to my question, hopefully @Emile can shime in and give a roadmap on the release date of other languages.
  • @theo: even dutch is still in bèta :) I presume this is somewhat lower on the priority-list as in this stage you may safely presume every speaks english well enough...
  • Emile mentioned that the want to have a closed/finished English language set and from then translate to other languages. I think this is because if one English word/sentence is changed, the have to change all other languages also and that's very time consuming.

I also hope that the finish this fast, so Dutch will be supported and other languages can follow ASAP.

• @BasVanDenBosch: Basically agree with you but it wouldn't feel natural to me to speak English in my home. And my wife definitely would not like to do that either.

Let's hope @Emile can clear that up.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    German will come after Dutch. Give or take 1.5 - 2.5 months.
  • Jawohl!
  • schön zu hören ;-)
  • Ei leik!
  • Kartoffel salad
  • Another type of "I like fora"  <3  :)
  • Nienix said:
    Kartoffel salad
    LOL  :D
  • Hi everyone,

@Emile, and what about the french langage? :smile: 

• Fromage?
  • Jambon 
  • ça va prendre un peu plus de temps je suppose. ;)
  • Tant pis, j'attendrais encore :blush: 
  • Fromage?
    Then it will be "Omelette du fromage! Wrong password. Selfdestruct in 10, 9, 8....."
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Could we get a short update how the localisation is going @Emile  ?
    Thanks!
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited June 2016
    Emile said:
    German will come after Dutch. Give or take 1.5 - 2.5 months.
    Now 4 months are over and still not a single update.
    It would be fine if you guys tell us that it will be delayed (obviously) and an ETA, but I don't like if you hush up this topic.

• As a first stage I would suggest Athom to expose an API to raw audio from mic, so we can use for example Google STT and consume any of 100+ languages supported.
    Later on we could feed this back to Homey so other apps could react to speech.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    German support is planned when we officially launch in Germany (end of this year, probably).

I might enable it sooner, but don't count on Homey being mostly translated by then though!
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Okay, thanks for your answer! I imagine if you get the google speech api working it would be even easier to learn homey different languages.
  • Emile said:
    German support is planned when we officially launch in Germany (end of this year, probably).

I might enable it sooner, but don't count on Homey being mostly translated by then though!
    That's fast!
  • Please German in the experimental version!  B)
  • jordenjorden Member
    @Emile is it an idea to post a list of texts that need to be translated; to make it a community project? I guess that there are some people willing to do some work in this department.
  • Hello,

is there any update about the release for the German market available? Is it still planned for the end of this year?

Thanks,

Philipp