This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

0.8.39 experimental

0.8.39 experimental
  • Various improvements

Comments

• Nice updating!
  • updated to .39 after some time load went skyhigh (1.7 at last possible refresh), then my Homey went offline. Have to wait until i get home to give it a powercycle...... :'(
  • After powercycle everything fine. Load back to normal and i can add mysensors uv sensor!!!  :D
  • nice changelog again, its all clear now. 
    I can notice the improvements straight away... if i would know where to look.
    Guess its the usb cable then thats finaly fixed... or any time now
  • I have noticed a "various improvement" ... :wink: 

Unavailable devices are not displayed differently, the icon itself is not unreadable anymore but the control pop-up tells you what us wrong.
  • mruiter said:
    nice changelog again, its all clear now. 
    If they have to describe every under the hood change they would have to hire a new person just to make a changelog  ;) Github shows two issues attached to the .39 release. I would assume Athom correctly assigns these issues, perhaps a link to github for each changelog would be an idea?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited June 2016
    I noticed that there is a bug now since .39 with the "lux has changed" flows. 
    Even though the "has changed on temperature" triggers do work. 
    It does update the lux in the mobile cards. 
    The bug stays after short power cycle, have not had the time to do a long power cycle yet. 

Any other people noticed this? 

This is a log created this morning about 15 minutes after it had rebooted:
    4E87D6417F8
  • I noticed that my Fibaro blinks in my presence, but Homey suddenly 7 pm Last night, doesn't receive the trigger for the alarm... ?
  • Same here, triggers not working?
  • phbphb Member
    No triggers working here also
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    Does a reboot and/or "pull the plug" help? 

Last evening the sunset trigger worked and also presence flow triggered. 
  • ArjanArjan Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm having the same issue with my Z-Wave devices, after a powercycle yesterday they don't respond anymore. The proces for the non responding Z-Wave device has been changed, the device still shows to be avaiable, when i press the icon to switch on/off the light it gives me an error message and says it is not responding anymore.

Like in the image attached:

Must be said, the text/icons are finally (after 4 months) up to an acceptable standard where you can read it correctly.
  • Hm, I should have skipped that update...

After various attempts I finally got my two Aeotec multisensors working, but after the update to 0.8.39 they both fail to show triggers. No motion/generic/tamper alarms.

Bummer !
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited June 2016
    mruiter said:
    nice changelog again, its all clear now. 
    If they have to describe every under the hood change they would have to hire a new person just to make a changelog  Github shows two issues attached to the .39 release. I would assume Athom correctly assigns these issues, perhaps a link to github for each changelog would be an idea?

Wow, Thats a big contradiction.  Github correct with 2 issues fixed and hire a person to write a simple changelog for those 2......... Youre right , we first need to invent warp speed for that.
    Guess i'm allone of the importance of changelog en bughunting.

• Eternity said:
    Hm, I should have skipped that update...

After various attempts I finally got my two Aeotec multisensors working, but after the update to 0.8.39 they both fail to show triggers. No motion/generic/tamper alarms.

Bummer !
    Same here with fibaro motion sensor. No trigger all
  • mruiter said:

Wow, Thats a big contradiction.  Github correct with 2 issues fixed and hire a person to write a simple changelog for those 2......... Youre right , we first need to invent warp speed for that.

No contradiction at all. Usually a lot of changes go into a firmware update, and I'm sure that's the case here as well. If they really want to make a complete list of every small fix they made for this firmware update, they most likely need to hire another person for this job.
    However, what they CAN do, is to automatically create a link to all known github issues that have been marked as 'solved' in this firmware version. It will by no means cover everything that was fixed/changed in this version, but at least it's better than nothing...
  • Does anyone have issues with 433 with .39?
    My Elro devices and Kaku dimmers are not responding. Kaku Contact sensor works oke?
    To me it looks like homey receives 433 but is unable to generate a 433 signal....

Is the 433 transmitter broken on my homey or is this a software issue?
  • JulianJulian Member
    With me 433 was also broke after the update (seems like that is normal behaviour sinc I believe this happens every time the last 3 or 4 updates :smiley: ). A reboot via unplugging the power restored it.
  • Tim_Brass said:
    Does anyone have issues with 433 with .39?
    My Elro devices and Kaku dimmers are not responding. Kaku Contact sensor works oke?
    To me it looks like homey receives 433 but is unable to generate a 433 signal....

Is the 433 transmitter broken on my homey or is this a software issue?
    Just reboot one or two times and 433 will work again.
  • I'm having the same issue other people have mentioned regarding triggers for my Z-Wave contact alarm.
    It seems Homey and the device are communicating fine, but I only see the contact alarm changing status if I close and reopen the little popup under the "sliders" icon.

So, even that bit of UI is not updating by itself, and not surprisingly flows are also not triggering.
  • ReflowReflow Member
    I'll stay on .38 until i know what .39 does and once it doesn't break stuff. .38 works pretty good..
  • updated to .39 after some time load went skyhigh (1.7 at last possible refresh), then my Homey went offline. Have to wait until i get home to give it a powercycle...... :'(
    Same here (don't know about the load though). Updated to 0.8.39, thought it was fine. But Homey went offline when I was at work. So had to do a hard reboot when I came home. This while 0.8.38 was rock solid. Curious to know what the 'various improvements' are...
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm experiencing a lot of freezes with 0.8.39. Homey runs fine but after a couple of hours the led ring freezes and Homey is unreachable without any specific cause (happens overnight as well). The freezes where solved some firmware versions back but seems to have returned for me. Anyone else?
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited June 2016
    @Phuturist : Homey did freeze today for the first time since the 8.39 update. Static white ring and not reachable.
    Power off and on did revive homey again.
  • @emile can you please give us some more information than just 'various improvements'?
    I like to believe these experimental updates are released so we can test and comment on the state of the firmware so you, Athom, know how well a build is received and performs and see if you're on the right track.
    When we do not know if anything needs special attention and testing is needed to evaluate changes and possibly improvements, I feel like we're just gunea pigs and are not taken serious. If I feel like that I will just stop testing and helping out lifting Homey to a higher plan, and I'm starting to feel I'm not alone in this.
  • T-mo-TT-mo-T Member
    For me the .39 update is a big relief, KAKU still stable after 24h uptime. Pre .39 it was a couple of hours max, with a cold boot required to get KAKU working again.
  • Bumblez said:
    mruiter said:

No contradiction at all. Usually a lot of changes go into a firmware update, and I'm sure that's the case here as well. If they really want to make a complete list of every small fix they made for this firmware update, they most likely need to hire another person for this job.
    However, what they CAN do, is to automatically create a link to all known github issues that have been marked as 'solved' in this firmware version. It will by no means cover everything that was fixed/changed in this version, but at least it's better than nothing...
    Well im pretty pretty sure that youre sure is not.

As confirmed by Emile, its just the 2 githubs. Took him about a minute or less to post it on slack. Good change management would also produce a changelog list in a jiffy.
    They do it in communities with 100+ devs.

To quote emile 

As for the changelog: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue is:open milestone:0.8.39

• Also nice to know. The z-wave rewrite is finished  B)

Milestone is 100% complete. Give it to me baby , ahhha ahhhaa

https://github.com/athombv/homey/milestones

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Based on your last url 0.8.39 is still open for 100%  :D
  • Dont you love that punctuality  :D