This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited May 2016
    1.2.0 has been published

Currently working on addon support. Looks like I will be able to start an addon, but I can't control them. So directly playing a movie on Exodus won't be possible, but starting Exodus is gonna work.
  • AaronAaron Member
    Is it definitely not going to work or you just havent found out how to make it work? It would be really cool if you could say "play name of movie" and it would search it on exodus. But I guess that it is pretty hard to make that work. I also use Radio to listen to slamFM and Radio538, would be cool if I could start that also.

greetings,
    Aaron 

PS. Any idea how to start a favorite item in kodi (radio stations)? Maybe with a http request?
  • Aaron said:
    Is it definitely not going to work or you just havent found out how to make it work? It would be really cool if you could say "play name of movie" and it would search it on exodus. But I guess that it is pretty hard to make that work. I also use Radio to listen to slamFM and Radio538, would be cool if I could start that also.

greetings,
    Aaron 

PS. Any idea how to start a favorite item in kodi (radio stations)? Maybe with a http request?
    I myself use Specto instead of Exodus, primarily because it has Library Integration. You can just add certain movies/TV Shows to your normal library. This does work with this add-on perfectly (and with loads of others external commands and interfaces, such as the web-interface and Yatse remote).
  • Aaron said:

greetings,
    Aaron 

Definitely not going to work. Exodus is just a black box to Kodi and doesn't tell Kodi how to 'be controlled'. @KoenMartens has an interesting suggestion though. If Specto indeed does integrate with the local Kodi library, then it should be possible to play movies from Specto through the Kodi app. I will try this.

As for your favourites. You'd probably be able to start an addon. Which addon do you use for your radio stations?
  • AaronAaron Member
    Ok, thanks. Will look at Specto to. Had so many already, icefilms, 1channel, exodus and more  :) Can try one more, although exodus really works very good.

I use Radio (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:radio), there I set some stations to be favorite so I can excess them easily.

greetings,
    Aaron
    edited May 2016
    I can confirm that Specto in combination with Trakt works flawlessly with Homey:

- Add all your stuff you want to watch to your Trakt watchlist (movies and tv shows)
    - Install Specto, configure Specto to integrate with your Kodi library
    - Import your Trakt watchlist to Kodi via Specto
    - Configure autoplay in Specto (so you don't have to select a stream after selecting a movie)

Voila. Now you can use voice commands to start streaming movies and series . Flows don't seem to be fired properly if you stream movies. I'll have to look into this.
  • WouterNLDWouterNLD Member
    edited May 2016
    Love to try this. Unfortunately I cannot get the app to install, concluding due to it not showing up in the configuration page although listed as installed app. Any tips? I'm on 0.8.35. App is 15,74 MB in size on storage. 

Got it via devices. Thanks.
    edited May 2016
    Committed v1.3.0 to Github. Can peeps test and verify?

Changelog:
    - Added add-on support (start add-ons through "start addon xxxxx")
    - Fixed flow triggers for movie started by addons (e.g. exodus). Note that episodes cannot be distinguished when played by Exodus. Exodus thinks it's a movie.
    - Fixed a bug where the 'play latest episode' action card didn't work
  • A beta test opt-in would be nice in the app store.
    Not a big priority, I get that. Would be nice though...
  • A beta test opt-in would be nice in the app store.
    Not a big priority, I get that. Would be nice though...
    Not sure whether they'll do that. An opt-in beta without approval would get around their acceptance process, which is a security breach. Athom barely have time to approve non-beta apps, let alone beta apps ;-).
  • Forgot to tell you guys, 1.3.0 has been published! Love to hear your feedback. If you have any suggestions for improvements, let me know!
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Don't I just have to say 'stop' when I want to stop a movie?  Think that's how I did it before (haven't used it for a while...)
    When I do so, Homey says 'Ik kon het apparaat niet vinden'.
  • OverlordOverlord Member
    edited June 2016
    @EvertorN ;
    is there a small user guide for wich settings you minimal need in Kodi to have, to work with the app? Would also be helpfull for New users
    I still have problems, even after installing my pc freshly and only Kodi on it. Still getting error 200 :-(
  • wingiewingie Member
    @Fire69 stop command should work it works here, but i noticed you have to disable kodi app and enable it again to get rid of the "ik kon het apparaat niet vinden". I got the same message after asking "Film kijken" (my own flow) is excecuted but because of the word "Film" the kodi app also reacts and asks which movie and after i answer that question i get the message "ik kan het ... etc"
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Saved the settings for the Kodi-device (without changing anything), seems to have solved the problem.

Discovered another problem in the mean time :)
    I have a flow:
    'When movie starts' and 'variable sunset=true", then 'turn off <light>'
    I had this flow already some weeks ago on a previous app and firmware version, it worked as expected.
    Now it doesn't.
    When I do a test of the flow, it works. But when I actually start a movie, it doesn't.
    Seems like it's not detected correctly that a movie has started.
  • Fire69 said:
    Saved the settings for the Kodi-device (without changing anything), seems to have solved the problem.

Discovered another problem in the mean time :)
    I have a flow:
    'When movie starts' and 'variable sunset=true", then 'turn off <light>'
    I had this flow already some weeks ago on a previous app and firmware version, it worked as expected.
    Now it doesn't.
    When I do a test of the flow, it works. But when I actually start a movie, it doesn't.
    Seems like it's not detected correctly that a movie has started.
    I have a bunch of Kodi triggers related flows but none seem to work. Still trying to figure out what is going on.
    edited June 2016
    @Fire69 @Phuturist ;;;;

Investigating guys! Will let you know asap. 

Are you guys playing movies that are stored on your kodi device / NAS or movies that are integrated in your library through e.g. Spectro ? Also, what Homey firmware are you guys on?

Edit:
    I just created simple flows based on kodi triggers (e.g. onMovieStart > say 'Play movie xxx' ) and literally every trigger works as expected. Tried it on Homey FW 0.8.32. Even after shutting down Homey and letting the app automatically reconnect when it's rebooted again. Will update my 2nd Homey to 0.8.38 and see what happens.

Edit 2:
    Updated my Homey to FW 0.8.38, tried the same flows and indeed, nothing happens. I can see my app firing the triggers to homey in my debug logs, but nothing happens. 

Edit 3:
    Created a test case for just the trigger action. Works perfectly on 0.8.32, but does nothing on 0.8.38. I chucked @Emile a message on slack, hopefully he knows whether something changed in 0.8.38.
  • Thanx @EvertorN , some firmware version must have broken it. 

I use a NAS to store my media and I use a MySQL database library which is running on the NAS as well but I assume that would not make a difference.
  • Phuturist said:
    Thanx @EvertorN , some firmware version must have broken it. 

I use a NAS to store my media and I use a MySQL database library which is running on the NAS as well but I assume that would not make a difference.
    Nah shouldn't make a difference to the Kodi app. The app communicates with the Kodi API, doesn't matter how your media is stored , as long as it's added to your library :-).
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Thanks for investigating :) 

It's annoying I have to turn off my lights myself now when I start a movie :lol: 
  • Seems like Kodi is not the only app suffering from non-working flows: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/682. Starting to think this is a Homey related issue.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    I guess that's 'good news' for you, no need to change something in your app for now :)
    We'll just have to wait for the next firmware...
  • nklerknklerk Member
    I don't know if it's related but I have trouble connecting the app to my HTPC Kodi install, I am running a experimental build because of 3D MVC support and HD Audio on Intel GPU (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=265299). The app works perfect on my raspberry pi (openelec).

The iPhone apps I use work perfect on both installations. (Port 8080 as well as Port 9090)

having this issue for several weeks now and haven't dug into it to much yet.

someone else using nightly builds by any chance?

• nklerk said:
    I don't know if it's related but I have trouble connecting the app to my HTPC Kodi install, I am running a experimental build because of 3D MVC support and HD Audio on Intel GPU (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=265299). The app works perfect on my raspberry pi (openelec).

The iPhone apps I use work perfect on both installations. (Port 8080 as well as Port 9090)

having this issue for several weeks now and haven't dug into it to much yet.

someone else using nightly builds by any chance?

Verify whether you have enabled the appropriate settings ('Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi' ). Otherwise I'll need some more information.

I will add a log view in the settings in the next release, so you guys are able to provide me with some more info when things are not working as expected.
  • Alrighty, I fixed the flows in 0.8.38. I will do a bit more testing tonight (it's 8.30 am now) and push 1.3.1 to Git for you guys to play with.
  • nklerknklerk Member
    Thanks @Everton. I'm sure that I have set the settings correct, I think it's likely that the issue is coused by the build I am running as it's highly experimental. A log file would really help though. This weekend I'll have some time to further investigate.
    edited June 2016
    Uploaded v1.3.1 to Github that fixes the flows on 0.8.38. Does anyone wanna test?

Note: Because of the fact that I need to store device data differently as of 0.8.38, you NEED to delete and re-add your devices. Also make sure that you re-add the Kodi triggers to your flows afterwards.

Edit: Also added logging. You can now see the last 50 log items in the settings page of the app
  • PimViergeverPimViergever Member
    edited June 2016
    EvertorN said:
    Uploaded v1.3.1 to Github that fixes the flows on 0.8.38. Does anyone wanna test?

Note: Because of the fact that I need to store device data differently as of 0.8.38, you NEED to delete and re-add your devices. Also make sure that you re-add the Kodi triggers to your flows afterwards.

Edit: Also added logging. You can now see the last 50 log items in the settings page of the app
    Yep, I'm up for testing! 
    How do I install v1.3.1 on Homey?

Installed 1.3.1 on 0.8.3.8, had to reboot and re-add the kodi device.

- English speech commands are working.
    - Flows are working.
    - Triggers are working.
    - Logging is working on the Settings menu.

Need anything other than this tested?
  • Awesome @PimViergever . Thanks for testing. If some other peeps can confirm 1.3.1 is working smoothly, I will push it to the app store

• I tested 1.3.1 this evening but have different results as to Pim. I did re-add my Kodi device and did get some entries in the log. But it repeats the following over and over in a timeframe of about 6 minutes and then there is nothing anymore afterwards.
    Trying to reconnect"Stil cannot reconnect: " {"code":"EHOSTUNREACH","errno":"EHOSTUNREACH","syscall":"connect","address":"192.168.0.114","port":9090}
    These entries are from around the 6 minutes this evening when my Homey rebooted after the firmware upgrade to 0.8.39. At that time my Kodi system was shut off so it's understandable it could not reconnect. But later this evening I started my Kodi system to watch a serie but it did not reconnect at that time (no log entry or whatsoever) and therefor also did not trigger any of the flows (like start episode, pause, play, shutdown etc.).

So it seems the Kodi app did not reconnect my Kodi system after being unable to reconnect earlier when my Kodi system was shutdown. @EvertorN , previously you mentioned that it should be able to do so after I asked about this use case, any clue what is going on here and what I can do to further test this?