This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Support for Onkyo receivers

Comments

• I think it's normal behaviour for apps not installed through the Athom app store
  • MennoMenno Member
    after fw update 0.8.36 it seems to uninstall the github apps after restart
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    edited June 2016
    I can confirm, I lost the following apps which I installed through CLI install method with github apps, after reboot:  
    - Harmony Hub
    - Onkyo
    - Constellation

• JulianJulian Member
    In the app store it is stated this app works with the TX-NRxxx receivers, but can I assume it also works with the TX-RZ800?
  • jordenjorden Member
    I am not completely familiar with all models, but if they have network support I think they probably are supported. The app works based on iscp, which, for as far as I know,  all onkyo receivers with network support. 
  • kimrorkimror Member
    Great app - really good work! :)

Are you able to add inputs "STRM BOX" and "BLUETOOTH" as well? I have them on my TX-NR747 :)
  • jordenjorden Member
    I'll do that ASAP. I think STRM BOX is 'Net', but not 100% sure.
  • jordenjorden Member
    Github now has STRM BOX / Bluetooth, will publish it to the app store soon.
  • kimrorkimror Member
    Great @jorden!

STRM BOX is it's own HDMI input, so Net is a different one - but it seems you figured that out? :)

FYI; I do get an error sometimes, where the Onkyo app stops working (get a red triangle in the "apps" overview). I am not able to reproduce it at the moment, will give you the error message if it happens again!
  • jordenjorden Member
    If that still happens with the new version 1.0.4 (not yet published, pending in the app store) I am looking forward to seeing the error message :) (But I'll probably get it by mail as well so  I'll try to solve it then)
  • kimrorkimror Member
    Below is is the error that I got - don't know what triggers it. If this is what you already fixed in 1.0.4 then never mind :smiley: 

Stack trace:
    TypeError: Cannot read property '' of undefinedat Socket.<anonymous> (/drivers/receiver/driver.js:52:47)at emitOne (events.js:77:13)at Socket.emit (events.js:169:7)at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:153:18)at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:111:10)at TCP.onread (net.js:531:20),TypeError: Cannot read property '1NLS' of undefinedat Socket.<anonymous> (/drivers/receiver/driver.js:52:47)at emitOne (events.js:77:13)at Socket.emit (events.js:169:7)at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:153:18)at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:111:10)at TCP.onread (net.js:531:20),TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefinedat Socket.<anonymous> (/drivers/receiver/driver.js:43:15)at emitOne (events.js:77:13)at Socket.emit (events.js:169:7)at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:153:18)at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:111:10)at TCP.onread (net.js:531:20)
  • jordenjorden Member
    New version is just published. Not sure if it fixes this, but if it doesn't, I will get to fixing it :)
  • kimrorkimror Member
    Hi @jorden. I get the following error in the app (red exclamation mark in the apps section). I have no clue as to what triggers the error. :neutral: 

Homey firmware: 0.8.38
    Onkyo app version: 1.0.4

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined
    at Socket.<anonymous> (/drivers/receiver/driver.js:55:52)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:153:18)
    at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:111:10)
    at TCP.onread (net.js:531:20)
  • jordenjorden Member
    I saw this coming through a couple of times, so I will try to solve this soon.
  • My TV/CD input doesn't work in my flows... I saw you changed in driver.js from TV/CD to TV only
    },
    { inputName: '!1SLI12',
    friendlyName: "TV"

The TX-NR515 does use TV/CD as input name.. Could it be that change that causes this issue?
  • jordenjorden Member
    You might have to change the flow, and select the TV input again. That should work though.
  • I made a new flow... After a full reset of homey.
  • Still no response when using tv in a flow... Any ideas?
  • Ok... Discovered the "problem"... 
    After looking into the Excel sheet with Onkyo codes I saw the code for TV/CD is 23... In your app "cd" is paired with 23. After creating a flow with CD, everything works and the reciever change input to TV/CD.

Thanks for the great work... Your app is working very well!
  • Hi Jorden, 

currently your app does not seem to work over here. I have a tx-nr646 which has a static ip adres set. But for some reason the commands are not send / received correctly. The loading icons keep spinning. Any thoughts on how to debug / look this up

• You could use the athom-cli tool to run the app from the GitHub repository. It will show some debug information on the command line. See developer info from Athom.
  • nklerknklerk Member
    @jjtbsomhorst The app is working perfectly on my TXNR646, try rebooting your receiver. Disconnect power, and the same with homey.
  • jordenjorden Member
    Debugging using the athom developers tool would be a great source to find out more.

It might also help to delete the devices, stop the app, start the app and then add the device again. In older versions of the app, the devices were created in an incompatible way with the new version of the app.
  • nklerk said:
    @jjtbsomhorst The app is working perfectly on my TXNR646, try rebooting your receiver. Disconnect power, and the same with homey.
    We disconnect the receiver every night (cut its power). I will try jorden's suggestions this week.
  • jordenjorden Member
    That will probably be the reason. The app starts a connection with the receiver once it starts running (the app, that is, not the receiver).
    When the connection is 'cut' by cutting off the power, it will probably not automaticly restart the connection. Hence it will not be able to send commands.

However, if you can run using the athom developer tool, you might see what exactly happens in your case. Might help me to write code to reconnect the app.
  • I have the same problem but my Onkyo goes into standby every night. When is reboot my homey it works for the time when the onkyo is on. When i set the onkyo into standby and then back on homey does not cummunicate with it.. TX-NR609
  • jordenjorden Member
    @spoelly there are multiple standby settings possible on Onkyo receivers I believe. One is a 'deep' standby that means that there are no possibilities for waking up using internet. That is probably what your receiver is set to. Another has network activity and should remain working.
    Try to set it to that for the time being. I will try to bake a new version that automaticly tries to reconnect if the connection is lost.
  • @jorden will do that! thanks for the suggestion
  • the network setting was the setting i needed.