This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Support for Onkyo receivers

Comments

• I've got the answer a couple of minutes or tries after this it stops reacting to the signals. As soon as I'm home again I will check the status and if it doesn't work I will check if it reacts on the iPhone app from onkyo 
  • wingie said:
    @all i've got a question, i rebooted my homey last night and cleared all settings to start fresh (0.8.32) installed the onkyo app, kodi, wol and a couple of other apps. Created some flows and everything worked oke the first couple of times but after a couple of minutes my receiver (626) isn't reacting anymore on the flows. I've already updated to the latest firmware on my onkyo and set network settings to prevent going in standby/sleep. 

My question is has anyone else used this app with a 626 and seen the same behaviour or keeps it functioning also after a while? (it feels to me (can't check logging) that the app is crashing/losing information after a while it has been running) 

@wingie @jorden I'm glad I'm not the only one, experiencing the same problem. For 3 days it worked flawlessly with my TX-NR636 with my flows and even after the automatic update over night to .32 from .30  
    Suddenly from this morning it stopped working. I have a simple flow which powers on the onkyo, select input Net and set volume on 20, but this flow doesn't work anymore. So I decided to completely unplug the onkyo and homey. It worked half again, the flow powered on the onkyo and selected the right input, but volume didn't change. Just for now it just stopped completely working again.
  • Version 0.9.1 submitted to the app store for validation.

Changes:
    • Pairing now works better, up to 5 devices are added automaticly per pairing session using discovery.
    • If no (new) devices are found, you can add a device manually
    • It is now possible to change the IP of your receiver by editing the configuration of the device.
    • Autocomplete fields are now case insensitive
    • Sadly, you have to delete your existing devices and add them with the new pairing mechanism.
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    jorden said:
    Version 0.9.1 submitted to the app store for validation.

Changes:
    • Pairing now works better, up to 5 devices are added automaticly per pairing session using discovery.
    • If no (new) devices are found, you can add a device manually
    • It is now possible to change the IP of your receiver by editing the configuration of the device.
    • Autocomplete fields are now case insensitive
    • Sadly, you have to delete your existing devices and add them with the new pairing mechanism.
    Hi @jorden , is the update already approved?
  • jordenjorden Member
    @BasPost Not yet, but I spoke to Emile a few hours ago and he was hoping to approve the new submissions today... So I guess that will be pushed to tomorrow ;)
  • jordenjorden Member
    Version 0.9.2 is now published. 

Small update:
    - You can now use the device card to see the power status (on/off), click on the device icon to turn it on or off.
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    edited May 2016
    jorden said:
    Version 0.9.2 is now published. 

Small update:
    - You can now use the device card to see the power status (on/off), click on the device icon to turn it on or off.
    Hi @jorden thanks for the update, I installed it, but it doesn't work. The spinning wheel keeps spinning under devices.
    Also the mobile cards won't load anymore in the IOS app.  
    When I turn of the app unders Settings>apps, mobile cards will load again.  
    i had no problems with 0.9.1  
    This in Homey software 0.8.34  
    I did reboots and power cycles, issue remains
  • jordenjorden Member
    @BasPost strange, I developed it at my office and it worked there, but now I have installed it at home and am trying but I don't see the log that happens when you "enter" the function that gets the status. So I will have to investigate this, sorry!
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited May 2016
    Published an update, hope this fixes it.

Let me know if it works! :)
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    edited May 2016
    jorden said:
    Published an update, hope this fixes it.

Let me know if it works!
    Hi @jorden , I just went to the app store, and clicked on install, to manual update from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3  
    Then I went to <Homey IP>/manager/mobile/ and the IOS app, but no mobile cards loaded.  
    Also the spinning wheel keeps spinning under Devices when clicking on it. The device settings (wrench) does load.
    Then I turned off the app in <Homey IP>/manager/settings apps and mobile cards loaded.  
    So there is something in the code that prevents mobile cards from loading.  
    I didn't do reboot or powercycle or uninstall and reinstall the app.
  • jordenjorden Member
    @BasPost Guess I'll have to do some more debugging tomorrow. Apologies!
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    jorden said:
    @jorden  
    I've just updated my Homey to 0.8.35 with the fixed mobile cards not loading and now I can see what happens!  
    Take a look at this picture:  

Maybe you know what this means.  
    Thanks for looking into it!
  • BasPost said:
    jorden said:
    @jorden  
    I've just updated my Homey to 0.8.35 with the fixed mobile cards not loading and now I can see what happens!  
    Take a look at this picture:  

Maybe you know what this means.  
    Thanks for looking into it!
    Same issue here..
  • nklerknklerk Member
    Just wanted to report this issue also. same issue on a TX-NR646
    ":driver.capabilities. does not exist"
  • jordenjorden Member
    Yeah I am suffering from the same, haven't found the solution yet.
  • JorisJoris Member
    Same issue on TX-NR1008
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited May 2016
    I found out what is wrong. Pushed a new version to Github but I wasn't able to test this yet. Can do that tonight. If it works I will add a new version to the app store.

I also managed to create a fix where the Onkyo functions no longer reported correctly. It was caused by Onkyo sending out '!1NLSC-P' messages, containing information about the Net/USB playlist. Not sure why it did that, but that kinda disturbed the script before because I destroyed the session after the first incoming message. However, now these messages are ignored and session is not destroyed until it either times out on error (unable to reach, for example) or receives a valid message.
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited May 2016
    Worked on the new version all day, and made several fixes.

First the bad news:
    - You will have to delete your existing device for the 'mobile cards' to work, as there is no way (yet) to add capabilities to an existing device.

On the other hand, lots of good news:
    + I also managed to add a slider to the mobile cards so you can control (and see) the volume.
    + I did an almost complete rewrite to fix some bugs I experienced in the past. All commands are now a slight bit faster and always seem to respond correctly, even after a long time
    + There are now TRIGGERS available. If you turn on (or off) the Onkyo, even with the remote control, Homey will know! I made a flow where Homey tells you which input channel you selected, when you change it. ("You are now watching Cable/Satellite TV" for example). If the volume changes, Homey knows!

I haven't added the new version to the app store yet, still have a little work to do, but if you want to test it's available at https://github.com/jordenc/com.onkyo
  • MennoMenno Member
    Just installed! Installation went OK!

Like the When receiver goes on so you can set volume by time of the day for example

• BasPostBasPost Member
    Excellent news @jorden  thank you so much for your work and progress.  
  • jordenjorden Member
    Menno said:
    Just installed! Installation went OK!

Like the When receiver goes on so you can set volume by time of the day for example

I like to set the volume lower when the tuner (radio)  gets activated. 
  • nklerknklerk Member
    @Jorden Thanks for all your work.
  • Thanks @jorden ! Great work!
  • jordenjorden Member
    Just fixed the last few parts of the capabilities that didn't work, about an hour ago. Now once the update is approved in the app store (or if you install via Github) the device should also appear in your smartphone, you can turn it on and off by clicking the icon. There also is a slider so you can control the volume. Ofcourse, this also works in the browser if you click the 'tune' icon.
  • MennoMenno Member
    @jorden ;

error from github version (fw 08.36)

Stack trace:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token .
    at exports.runInThisContext (vm.js:53:16)
    at Module._compile (module.js:373:25)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at /homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:961
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at eventListeners.clientDriverInit (/homey-app/manager/drivers.js:1:712)
  • jordenjorden Member
    @Menno sorry, improper testing from my end (I was sooooo tired this afternoon!). I just got around to fixing it. It is on github now.
  • MennoMenno Member
    @jorden no problem at all just tried it and ........... WORKING
    Many thanks
  • I've installed the update from github as well, but after a reboot or powercycle, the app disappears... Is this new since 0.8.36?
  • MennoMenno Member
    @BasPost hmmm just did a restart and the app is gone
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    BasPost said:
    I've installed the update from github as well, but after a reboot or powercycle, the app disappears... Is this new since 0.8.36?
    confirmed... Looks like this is new, I guess unplanned...