This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Lightwave RF/ Siemens App Published

Comments

• Hello again
    I am still fighting to create an app to manage my Jung Devces but I am hitting a wall that I would appreciate if you could help me with
    I need to find whatever documentation is available about 'Homey.wireless('433').Signal'. I have taken a look at the source code for apps Action (https://github.com/athombv/nl.action) and yours  - LightwaveRF (https://github.com/soler2000/com.lightwaverf), but that is not enough for me to go on, and sadly the source code for apps Somfy and KAKU is not available.
    Do you have any info about that protocol? I would be especially grateful if you could tell me how to set the base frequency to 433.42 Mhz instead of 433.92 Mhz.
    Thanks in advance
  • I have responded to your second post on the same topic,  try keep this related to lightwave RF
  • Just updated the version on GIthub,  any testing would be appreciated before pushing to the app store
  • All devices confirmed working on 0.8.30 and 0.8.32
  • ZperXZperX Member
    Great stuff!
  • Going to push this to the app store

• honeyhoney Member
    Does it need Athom`s approval? Do they have to do it manually?
  • Yes,  they need to approve.
  • Its just been approved and is on the app store now
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited May 2016
    Would it be possible that the remote is not just a trigger element in the flow but it could be an action too?
    Two reasons why it would be very handy:
    1. I have in-line relays, really hard to access. Whenever I need to remove devices or wipe Homey I need to get to these to pair them again. But if the remote could be an action too than instead of pairing the in-line relays every time I could just use the signal of the remote paired with the relay to turn it on or of with flow.
    2. It could be a temporary workaround of the issue that we can`t turn off the dimmers with homey
  • I understand what you mean,   What I could consider is a work around when you pair a device that you could enter a previously generated Transmission ID so you dont need to repair it.   That should address the issue of repairing hard to reach devices.

• honeyhoney Member
    edited May 2016
    Where do I enter the Transmission ID? Also how could I make the dimmers turn off?
  • It's not there yet but could do it in future updates
  • honeyhoney Member
    @Wurzel21 and others who had a problem turning off the dimmer: great news, Andy has fixed.
    You can find it here: https://github.com/soler2000/com.lightwaverf/tree/#24tetra4
    I am sure it will be merged to the master soon and pushed to the appstore and get approved (eventually).

Enjoy the lovely weekend.
  • Wurzel21Wurzel21 Member
    edited May 2016

honey said:
    @Wurzel21 and others who had a problem turning off the dimmer: great news, Andy has fixed.
    You can find it here: https://github.com/soler2000/com.lightwaverf/tree/#24tetra4
    I am sure it will be merged to the master soon and pushed to the appstore and get approved (eventually).

Enjoy the lovely weekend.

@Honey thanks for the update, although I have been checking, but the update has still yet to address the problem, Still unable to turn off the device (0.0.4)(Homey Firmware 8.34) , is this the App version (0.0.4) that includes the update you have alluded to ? as there is no release date history to determine if this coincides with the date of the updated driver on Github ....?
  • ZperXZperX Member
    @Wurzel21 The 0.0.4 version of the app published in the app store does not fix this issue. The above mentioned not yet published github branch has the fix for that problem. Since it yet published it still has the version number in it. You can download this branch and install it manually. I was planning to make some tutorial videos (including this) but some after the reactions of some folks here not sure about it.

• The Master Version has been updated on Git now with the correct version number "0.0.5" and fixes the "Off" command on new lightwave devices..  This will get pushed to the app store.

The Next version 0.0.6 will have improved Icons, courtesy of "honey" Big Thanks.   

Later versions will show the Tranmission ID of all Paired devices and it should be possible to then repair hard to reach devices.
  • I just saw this switch at Amazon http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005UMKBRU/sr=8-1/qid=1463302287/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=1463302287&sr=8-1 
    Can I use it with Homey already?
    I wanna put it beneath my Toon thermostat and have there a multiswitch.

• Yes that will work
  • AndyWilde said:
    Yes that will work
    Thx. Just ordered.  :)
  • honeyhoney Member
    I have revised the the svg files. The main objective was to increase the visibility of the icon in the flow manager where the icons are smaller. The main change was to decrease the size of the artboard to match the size of the icon. Practically that means that the icons will appear to be larger. Also increased some of the line width, added fills, simplified icons, etc...

Original:

Revised:

I will upload these on github and submit a pull request.
  • ZperX said:
    @Wurzel21 The 0.0.4 version of the app published in the app store does not fix this issue. The above mentioned not yet published github branch has the fix for that problem. Since it yet published it still has the version number in it. You can download this branch and install it manually. I was planning to make some tutorial videos (including this) but some after the reactions of some folks here not sure about it.

We Are all here to learn , so a video tutorila would be much appreciated on this process :) :)
  • AndyWilde said:
    The Master Version has been updated on Git now with the correct version number "0.0.5" and fixes the "Off" command on new lightwave devices..  This will get pushed to the app store.

The Next version 0.0.6 will have improved Icons, courtesy of "honey" Big Thanks.   

Later versions will show the Tranmission ID of all Paired devices and it should be possible to then repair hard to reach devices.
    Many thanks for all your input here ..it is much appreciated
  • honeyhoney Member
    It has been merged to the master branch with version number 0.0.5. It includes the dimmer off fix and the new icons.
  • ZperXZperX Member
    Wurzel21 said:
    ZperX said:

We Are all here to learn , so a video tutorila would be much appreciated on this process :) :)
    Ok I will make one tomorrow.
  • ZperXZperX Member
    @Wurzel21 I hope you will find it useful:

• ZperX said:

It's very usefull. I posted this info... [HOW TO] CLI install method

[Check Node.js version on Homey:
    Settings - System - Show Stuff for geeks - node_version

Install Node.js:
    Download Node.js (Homey's version) from https://nodejs.org/en/ and install it on your PC.

Download App.ZIP from GitHub (https://github.com/...)  to your PC:
    Click "Download ZIP"

Unpack ZIP:
    Unpack App.ZIP on your PC

Open Node.js command prompt, and install the athom-cli tools:
    npm install -g athom-cli

On the command prompt, log in to your Homey:
    athom login

Navigate to the 'root' folder of the App on your PC

For running project:
    athom project --run

For installing project:
    athom project --install.
  •  ZperX said:

@ZperX ;Fantastic video... really detailed and clear ... thanks for taking the time to capture and post this ... very useful :smiley: 
  • Version 0.0.5 Just published in the app store

• I got a LW101 switch and wanna use it to start actions in a flow. Sould I set the switch to M or 0/1?