This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

any 'Shipment & Software status'- update?

phil_sphil_s Member
edited May 2016 in Questions & Help
as a preorderer with expected shipment early may i just would have any informations whats going on
and will be Q2 really the expected shipping area?

Comments

• BumblezBumblez Member
    My expectation: if they ship in May, it's definitely not going to be a "retail experience"... the current software status is still pretty far removed from that.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We'll post an update this week about pre-orders!
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    thx @Emile!
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    What about the update @Emile ?
    Sorry, business politics required me to delay it until Tuesday! 
  • Looking forward to the update tomorrow.  Please let it include info regarding the non-EU orders.  
  • tunftunf Member
    @emile, sounds like a major news flash.....
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    sounds really mystic ;-)
  • Athom is being takeover by Google  ;)
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited May 2016
    Business politics as in "Our politics state that with this kind of weather, we must drink beer in the garden". Enjoy! You guys deserve it!
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    Maybe they had some serious talks with their partners (the bank, MediaMarkt, etc) about how (bad, slow) things are going...
  • Or, an even bigger chance: Paypal stopped with giving refunds for failed kickstarter projects. Not sure how/if that applies to Homey, and if it should give refunds if people are not satisfied with their succesfull kickstarter project.
  • PandaPanda Member
    @KoenMartens why would this apply to Homey?, Homeys are delivered to backers thus a succesfull kickstarter...
  • HomdomHomdom Member
    Athom is being takeover by Google  ;)
    Ok homey wil be ok Google
  • honeyhoney Member
    Well they have to pay the stuff and maintain the servers for an other 6 months with no income (till retail launch). That won`t be easy. Let`s hope that we won`t stay without servers and updates.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    I will not wait another 6 months. Then i will look for another Homeautomation Controller. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    @Bumblez ,  @KoenMartens and @honey : don't let wild guessing live it's own life....
  • Panda said:
    @KoenMartens why would this apply to Homey?, Homeys are delivered to backers thus a succesfull kickstarter...
    I don't know specifics, pure speculation, but maybe it extends to pre-orders as well.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited May 2016
    @BasVanDenBosch Well all my predictions turned out to be optimistic. Of course I am very much for this product and my family loves it. However we are in the real world.
    @phil_s I have felt the same way during the 1.5 year wait (preorder). I almost went with Zipato. We have moved in a new house and wired/changed a lot of things around/for home automation, just did not have the controller. It`s been painful. When you need a remote control to turn on the light in the bathroom.... Homey is far from ready but I am glad that I haven`t cancelled it. It is great and has even more potential, think on long therm. Homey`s functionality can be extended with apps. Any other systems are just too rigid, limited and have less protocols.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited May 2016
    @honey i believe in homey as a great product in the future! and don't really want to cancel my pre-order. so i'm sitting between two chairs (do you understand what i mean, it is a translation of a german sentence...)

i don't have money to buy another controller (like a vera plus) und just wait until homey gets stable. on the other hand, i just want to start making some lights and smoke sensors and doorsensors working. my wife ask me every day: what is about homey? she is also interested.

so when @Emile write some statusupdates i think: 'ok, come on, just a few weeks' and i can hold my homey in my arms :-)

but then i see the forum and the discriped errors and problems and i think: homey will not work as i want to in the near future  :-(

i read this forum from the start of my Pre-Order in december 15 every day! 
    so as i said: i have to wait and hope the best because i cannot buy two controllers....

• BumblezBumblez Member
    @phil_s ; well, I definitely hope it will not take 6 months, but 'just a few weeks' is definitely way too optimistic.
    Yes, Homey has huge potential, and given enough time, I'm sure it can turn into a great product.
    But given the large amount of issues that are still open, and the speed at which Athom is currently solving them (sometimes introducing new issues along the way), I definitely don't expect to be using Homey for automating tasks at my home for at least the next couple of months. Sure, at this stage Homey is already great for making some things a little easier (such as the ability to use voice control instead of using a remote), but that's about as far as I expect to be able to trust in Homey's reliability at present. This product is still very much in beta.
    So yeah, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's update (I'm curious to read what has been going on behind the screens, and how they plan to move forward from here), but I don't expect the next couple of updates to suddenly solve everything.
    So if you are really in a hurry to automate your home, then I'm afraid Homey will not be able to meet your requirements.
  • ArjanArjan Member
    Emile said:
    Even though i already received my Homey, this message makes me anxious as this could have serious impact.
  • I think they found a hardware malfunction in Homey, so they need all the Homeys back, and completely redesign homey...  :o
  • honeyhoney Member
    Yes and the built in battery can explode like an iphone on charger.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited May 2016
    Arjan said:
    Emile said:
    Even though i already received my Homey, this message makes me anxious as this could have serious impact.
    I would not worry about the post itself. Homey is an awesome, we have achieved a lot and made great progress product, thank you for your support, we got some issues, we work hard to fix them. Will be with you in couple of weeks. Thank you for your patience.
  • I think Athom is bought by Apple  :*
  • MennoMenno Member
    Nooooo not apple I'm allergic for Apples especially the hardware ones
  • weverwever Member
    Menno said:
    Nooooo not apple I'm allergic for Apples especially the hardware ones
    Agree, if it's apple then i will sell my homey.
  • JaxcJaxc Member

<3  If its apple, my homey gets worth more $$$

But yust like said before, lets yust stop speculating and wait for @Emile @athom to clear up the delay. ;)

Lol no, nothing of that all. We just wanted to check with our shareholders before we pinpoint the date :) Email should be sent today by Stefan.