This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• Download the zip with the sources from here: https://github.com/MarvinSchenkel/HomeyKodi
    Follow these instructions for installation requirements: https://developers.athom.com/library/getting-started/
    tried to install CLI but no result. followed the 'getting started' link but 'athom login' reports an error. even after updating gracefull-fs to version 4.1.4
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    What was the error when you did :
    npm install -g athom-cli
  • nklerk said:
    I am using the app to let homey say "You are now watching, Movie title here" this worked 3 times and then stopped workng. also a reboot of the HTPC and Homey didnt solve it. Is this a known issue? can i somhow debug wat is happening?

Keep up the great work!
    Will be solved in 1.1.2, once it's approved by Athom
  • What was the error when you did :
    npm install -g athom-cli
    @BasVanDenBosch opend a new discussion so not to pollute this thread.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1403/error-after-following-getting-started-with-gracefull-fs?new=1
  • but still not connecting to my Kodi. unexpected server response (200)
    firewall and all are off. Kodi running on the same system as I use to manage (and run the Kodi app) on my Homey
    Anyone an idea?
  • @EvertorN the event triggers are working quite nice (with recorded TV and liveTV)

Within Kodi, I'm using PlexBMC (and compatible skin) to show the various movies / series stored on the NAS (also accessible from the tablets of the kids with the same interface = idiot proof)...  For starting movies, I will use the Plex app of @MikeOne.

Do you know if it is possible to capture the event triggers of add-ons (like PlexBMC) out of the Kodi App (to trigger light scenes)? Currently, it is not triggering if I pause / resume a movie via PlexBMC...
    Nope I don't think this is possible. The app now listens for events that are generated by Kodi, if Kodi does not generate a 'play' or 'pause' event, I won't be able to capture it. As for add-ons, I think starting an add-on is as far as I can go.

wingie said:
    @EvertorN love you app, but have a question could you add a command to power off kodi, i'm waking my nuc with WOL and like to be able to shut it down with homey to.

Another thing i noticed if i use the phrase "speel laatste aflevering" nothing is happening 
    I'll add it to the list!

@wingie  and @nklerk : I think both of your problems (Kodi does not respond on proper commands) are related to Kodi being disconnected from Homey (either through a reboot of Kodi, or a sleep / WOL). This is fixed in version 1.1.2, which is currently awaiting approval.

Sorry guys, I have been so so busy since I moved to Australia that I barely have time to develop the app. Hope things will settle down soon so I can add some cool features. 

• nklerknklerk Member
    Don't be sorry, You are making a beautiful app! We can only thank you for your invested time.
  • Agreed!
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited May 2016
    1.1.2 is published to the app-store :-).

Good to know is that I used some new techy features that are available as of FW 0.8.30. I already saw a crash report coming in of a crash that is related to Homey being on a firmware version lower than FW 0.8.30. I forgot to update the dependencies, so being on at least 0.8.30 won't be enforced by Homey unfortunately.

Since 0.8.32 is the latest stable version, I expect you to be up to date for the new techy features :-).
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Still found some spare time for that?  :D

Anything interesting about those techy features you'd like to share?  :)
  • Fire69 said:
    Still found some spare time for that?  :D

Anything interesting about those techy features you'd like to share?  :)
    Hehe yep. Already implemented a flow card for 'play latest episode of xx' and coded a speech conversation for starting movies ("I wanna watch a movie"... "Which movie do you wanna watch?" "Star Trek") on my local machine :). So need a couple of hours to finalise that and implement some more commands like shut down etc. Next update is gonna be a fancy one :).

The techy features are more javascript related. They introduced some new features in the language that make life a little easier (like const and let keywords). Athom upgraded NodeJS in FW 0.8.30, so as of that firmware we can use those new features.
  • @EvertorN ;
    Do you have any ideas why the kodi app won't connect to my Kodi?
    Everything is in place for it, no firewall etc. can control Kodi via remote and web on port 9090 but Homey still gives the same error "unexpected server response (200)" Is there a way to get a debug log to you, so you can see what's happening?
  • wingiewingie Member
    @EvertorN ;Had to reinstall Kodi app after upgrading to 0.8.34 because I got the message "Kan apparaat niet vinden cq tekst in deze richting " as soon as I said "Oké homey speel de laatste aflevering ". After installing the app and configuration the message was gone and it works with the card "when Kodi pauzes" but still nothing is happening if I tell it to play latest episode (in Dutch)

Could you test this of it works at your side when using Dutch 
  • Overlord said:
    @EvertorN ;
    Everything is in place for it, no firewall etc. can control Kodi via remote and web on port 9090 but Homey still gives the same error "unexpected server response (200)" Is there a way to get a debug log to you, so you can see what's happening?
    This is really weird. 200 usually means 'OK'. What you could try is download the code from github and run it in debug mode from your laptop, so you can get some more detailed information on what's happening. To do this you'd have to install the athom cli (check http://developers.athom.com). 
  • wingie said:
    @EvertorN ;Had to reinstall Kodi app after upgrading to 0.8.34 because I got the message "Kan apparaat niet vinden cq tekst in deze richting " as soon as I said "Oké homey speel de laatste aflevering ". After installing the app and configuration the message was gone and it works with the card "when Kodi pauzes" but still nothing is happening if I tell it to play latest episode (in Dutch)

What happens when you type the command in {local_homey_ip}/manager/speech-input/ ? Are you sure Homey understands you correctly?

The issue 'Cannot find device' after a while (because of disconnection) should be solved in v1.1.2. If above does not work I will upgrade to 0.8.34 and do some testing tomorrow!
  • EvertorN said:
    Overlord said:
    @EvertorN ;
    This is really weird. 200 usually means 'OK'. What you could try is download the code from github and run it in debug mode from your laptop, so you can get some more detailed information on what's happening. To do this you'd have to install the athom cli (check http://developers.athom.com). 
    Same problem, required a reboot from Kodi!
  • No chance to support CEC commands right (like poweron, standby)?
  • wingiewingie Member
    EvertorN said:
    wingie said:

What happens when you type the command in {local_homey_ip}/manager/speech-input/ ? Are you sure Homey understands you correctly?

The issue 'Cannot find device' after a while (because of disconnection) should be solved in v1.1.2. If above does not work I will upgrade to 0.8.34 and do some testing tomorrow!
    I did the check to see if my sentence was recognized correctly and it was indeed. Didn't type in the command in the speech-input will try this (but because it recognizes my voice sentence Oké it shouldn't make a difference). I'm running 1.1.2  and if I remember correctly this version was already installed automatically (I.ve got both checkmarks on in system configuration)

Will test it later on today again.
  • wingiewingie Member
    @EvertorN  i've tested it via the /manager/speech-input page but nothing is happening. My kodi nuc is on (have picture on my screen) 
    i've made some screen grabs for you from the speech input page and from the realtime logger page (wonderfull crafting work from a homey user.

This is output from the realtime logger page:

This is de homey speech input page: 

This is from yesterday evening in which i tried to activate kodi via voice, after the can't find device, i deinstalled and installed the kodi app and tried it again. The mention of not finding the device after reinstalling the app was due to that i haden't configured it yet (settings).

• EvertorN said:
    Overlord said:
    @EvertorN ;
    Ok, going to try that tomorrow. Have everything ready and CLI installed. Keep you posted!
  • EvertorN said:
    wingie said:

Don't know if its related @EvertorN but my app (Weather Underground) also lost the app it's settings after the update to Homey version 0.8.34.
    Just a heads up.
  • EvertorN said:
    wingie said:

Don't know if its related @EvertorN but my app (Weather Underground) also lost the app it's settings after the update to Homey version 0.8.34.
    Just a heads up.
    Thanks. That could explain why @wingie had to reinstall his app.
  • wingie said:
    @EvertorN  i've tested it via the /manager/speech-input page but nothing is happening. My kodi nuc is on (have picture on my screen) 
    i've made some screen grabs for you from the speech input page and from the realtime logger page (wonderfull crafting work from a homey user.

This is output from the realtime logger page:

This is de homey speech input page: 

This is from yesterday evening in which i tried to activate kodi via voice, after the can't find device, i deinstalled and installed the kodi app and tried it again. The mention of not finding the device after reinstalling the app was due to that i haden't configured it yet (settings).

Haha, the answer is pretty simple. You have to mention the name of a series too: "Play the latest episode of the walking dead".. That should work.. 

The new speech interface I am working on will make this way more user friendly ;)
  • MennoMenno Member
    @EvertorN ;
    Is it possible to let homey speak titels (of movies) in english when your homey language is dutch?
    Now it sounds very strange.
  • wingiewingie Member
    EvertorN said:
    wingie said:

Haha, the answer is pretty simple. You have to mention the name of a series too: "Play the latest episode of the walking dead".. That should work.. 

The new speech interface I am working on will make this way more user friendly ;)

@EvertorN i already thought of that ;-) so that's why i said to homey "speel laatste aflevering van the big bang theory"  (see screenshot above).

I've just tried it again by typing it in the speechmanager but nothing happens tried different series. Just for fun i tried to play a movie (via speech manager) and walla it works.

• wingiewingie Member
    @EvertorN  i just wanted to show homey and kodi to my dad and suddenly my kodi device was gone, so i went to settings and i saw a yellow exclamation mark after disabling it and enabling it again the mark was gone.  Do you know what this means and how to prevent it? 
  • That probably means the apps has crashed and has been killed. By disabling and enabling the app it gets an sort of second chance  :)
  • wingiewingie Member
    That probably means the apps has crashed and has been killed. By disabling and enabling the app it gets an sort of second chance  :)
    Just back home from the nursing home where my wife lives and wanted to watch a serie and found out that Kodi stopped working again so I think the garbage collector has done iTS work again
  • wingie said:
    Just back home from the nursing home where my wife lives and wanted to watch a serie and found out that Kodi stopped working again so I think the garbage collector has done iTS work again
    Probably not the garbage collector.
    Athom has added some checks on crashing and misbehaving apps and will kill apps instead of restarting, like previously.
  • Hm I think indeed this has something to do with the 'misbehaving check' that has been implemented in 0.8.34. I know that Kodi crashes when a disconnect occurs. One of the dependencies of a library I am using does not handle the connection error, so I might need to fix that in order to prevent Kodi from being flagged as 'misbehaving'.

There is also still a bug in Homey somewhere that causes apps to crash (crasherror: cannot find module xxxx). I have contacted Emile about this to get an update and whether this also causes the app to be flagged as misbehaving :).

I will keep you guys posted. As for now it seems the best way is to keep your Kodi device on (don't let it sleep or shut it down). If you do shut it down, you'd probably have to reboot Homey to get it working properly again.