This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Comments

• aloftaloft Member
    - Z-wave works, but unreliably 
    - Philips Hue lamps sometimes don't switch on/off ; not sure what causes that. 
    - Garbage collection bug is not completely gone yet, losing variables (e.g. in BetterLogic) after x amount of updates to the variables
    - 433 (Kaku/Action) switching unreliable. Many times only after 30 seconds, the command is sent/received and processed.   

• ReemsterReemster Member
    edited April 2016
    Don't forget, 0.8.30 is a beta release. Homey is still on beta stage.. 
  • oddly enough, evrything is working here. Only needed to pair kaku switches again, not the sockets. Voicecontrol is working-ish but way better then before. 
    posthok said:

.... I find it very strange that some users having a fully working Homey and other users don't. Did you uninstall the kaku app and reinstall it again?
    Same here... i've been on the other end of the spectrum, the nothing working side...
    Maybe with the next comment  i'm throwing a rock in still water, but is there a remote chance that we are not all running the same hardware? Has there been a slight modification a long the way in one or two components.? I certainly hope not, but that might explain why after each update one batch seems to work (again) and makes the other one  a mess. Flipping coins, so to speak.

Just throwing it out there... just speculation, no hard evidence to back it up.
  • aloftaloft Member
    MarcoWijk said:
    oddly enough, evrything is working here. Only needed to pair kaku switches again, not the sockets. Voicecontrol is working-ish but way better then before. 
    posthok said:

.... I find it very strange that some users having a fully working Homey and other users don't. Did you uninstall the kaku app and reinstall it again?
    Same here... i've been on the other end of the spectrum, the nothing working side...
    Maybe with the next comment  i'm throwing a rock in still water, but is there a remote chance that we are not all running the same hardware? Has there been a slight modification a long the way in one or two components.? I certainly hope not, but that might explain why after each update one batch seems to work (again) and makes the other one  a mess. Flipping coins, so to speak.

Just throwing it out there... just speculation, no hard evidence to back it up.
    I think it is more a combination of devices and apps connected to it. Some people have an extensive mix of devices, others might only have Hue lights. Maybe issues arise when the complexity of devices go up.

So, as you state 'everything is working here' ; can you elaborate what kind of devices you have? Myself, I have a mix of Hue, Action, Kaku and various Z-wave devices.
  • Here works with infrared TV on and off, and Home Cinema system on and off, via voice.
    Kaku worked since the update this morning, tonight sudden death, IR continued to work.
    And my homey seems to have become deaf, since two updates.
    1 meter distance it works well, but further away, is heard ok HOMEY , but not the command
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited April 2016
    Edit: Read my post from 12:15. This one here was to hasty.
    I've got the problem that all my z-wave devices [EDIT: except my Fibaro Motion Sensors] stop sending their data to Homey after .30. They still do it after I wake them up manually. After a reboot everything is working fine for a while. 
    I am now investigating after what interval this happens.

• Z wave motion sensor works well, including temperature,  battery and luminance level. Z wave flood sensor cannot get it to work. 

Somfy works excellent and has done so for me since the beginning. 

Hue lights mostly work. Cannot get infrared repeating a button to work but that might be due to the television itself. Not sure yet. 

All other http related things work (onkyo receiver, hombot vacuum cleaner, buienradar). 
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Peao said:
    I've got the problem that all my z-wave devices [EDIT: except my Fibaro Motion Sensors] stop sending their data to Homey after .30. They still do it after I wake them up manually. After a reboot everything is working fine for a while. 
    I am now investigating after what interval this happens.
    To relativise this:
    My Danfoss LC-13 Valves did have problems before .30. They are showing the E5 error (no connection to Z-Wave Hub) every morning. After a reboot its ok. (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/403)

New is, that my Fibaro Wall Plugs are doing the same, both are displayed as "connection loss" devices that morning.
    And my new arrived D-Link Door/Windows sensors are not showing their status correctly. Only if I wake them manually up.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016
    Just wait a few hours . all my danfoss went offline after a few hours. Repair gives same problem.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Yep, same here again now. E5 on 3 Thermostats. Did not change anything turing this 2 hours at homey. There is something suspicious: Everytime when I realise that the Valves lost connection and go to Homey -> Settings -> Z-Wave then there is no dropdown menu at Failed and after clicking on "restart z-wave-chip" it appears again. 
    After restarting the Danfoss valves reconnected and the E5 error disappeared.

I opened an specific issue for this because it seems device specific: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/463
  • Maybee everyone who have issues, can make a list of devies they have, maybee we can filter soms devies out
  • I'm wondering, so much users with issues.
    They all share this with the community.
    But beside's the update of the new site there's almost no feedback from Athom.

• Peao said:
    Yep, same here again now. E5 on 3 Thermostats. Did not change anything turing this 2 hours at homey. There is something suspicious: Everytime when I realise that the Valves lost connection and go to Homey -> Settings -> Z-Wave then there is no dropdown menu at Failed and after clicking on "restart z-wave-chip" it appears again. 
    After restarting the Danfoss valves reconnected and the E5 error disappeared.

I opened an specific issue for this because it seems device specific: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/463
    Yep, z-wave crashes complete. when you restart the chip it runs again for a few or just one hour and then all goes down the drain again.
    Nice to now zwave trouble is consistent with most users, sorry for you i was right
  • aposthok said:
    I'm wondering, so much users with issues.

its weekend..... they do however comment once in a while in the weekend. So maybee you see a reaction. But there working there ass of to get things right
  • They have worked their asses off on 0.8.30 which solves a lot of things that caused random troubles. So I guess they have well deserved their weekend days and will continue with the 'new' problems coming week(s).
  • mruiter said:
    aposthok said:

its weekend..... they do however comment once in a while in the weekend. So maybee you see a reaction. But there working there ass of to get things right
    They are busy eventhough it's the weekend, seen several posts on slack. But that has a smaller audience than this forum, would be good if someone from the Athom team spends 5 minutes to post a post here.
  • posthok said:

That bug had been going on since the geek release.
  • interesting observation, test result
    homey was hanging, so I unplugged and plugged the homey
    z-wave and KaKu both not working at all
    after a manual reboot in the web interface (system->restart homey) KaKu and z-wave worked again!
  • interesting observation, test result
    homey was hanging, so I unplugged and plugged the homey
    z-wave and KaKu both not working at all
    after a manual reboot in the web interface (system->restart homey) KaKu and z-wave worked again!
    temporarily fixed, after some time both z-wave and KaKu stopped working
  • ArjanArjan Member
    edited April 2016
    My Homey is really slow at the moment, are others experiencing the same issues?
  • I've been using the action app for controlling 3 different type of switches and tonight they stopped working.
    I tried the following to get it working again:

1. Reboot homey
    2. Disable and enable the action app
    3. Remove a switch and add it again
    4. Remove the action app, add it again and add a device

All of the above steps did not result in a working switch. Homey doesn't pick up on the signal when I try to learn the remote. This worked like a charm before.
    Anyone a suggestion I haven't tried yet?

Cheers!
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited April 2016
    Did you power-off? I can imagine a crashed radio/receiver won't revive if there's still power feeded...
  • Nope, good idea, will try right now
  • rob_houwelingrob_houweling Member
    edited April 2016
    Did you power-off? I can imagine a crashed radio/receiver won't revive if there's still power feeded...
    That did the trick! Thanks for the idea, stupid of me that I didn't think of this  :D
    @Emile, should I send you the log?
  • ArjanArjan Member
    edited April 2016
    After a power off or reboot the log only contains items since the restart.
  • Okay thanks. Next time I'll send the log anyway before powering off.
  • Did you power-off? I can imagine a crashed radio/receiver won't revive if there's still power feeded...
    That did the trick! Thanks for the idea, stupid of me that I didn't think of this  :D

Don't think its stupid you didn't think to power cycle.
    Its a bit odd that a complete power cycle is needed to get the product function again.
  • aloft said:
    Release notes:

0.8.30 experimental

• Upgrade to NodeJS 4.4.7
    • [Z-Wave] Homey now reaches out to unreachable devices.
    • [Z-Wave] Humidity capability now added correctly.
    • Fixed a bug where holding your Homey upside down during an update could brick Homey
    • Fixed a bug where setting your speaker volume would fail
    • Performance improvements
    • Improved Dutch support

NodeJS 4.4.7?? According to Node JS, 4.4.3 is the latest and then we move to 5.0.0.

https://nodejs.org/en/download/releases/

• aloftaloft Member
    I had the same issue, power off/power on didn't help. After reading this, I tried again, waited longer before powering on again, and I had Kaku/action communication back.

I guess I put the power back in too quickly; there might be some capacitors on the transceiver parts that need some time  before they are completely out of juicy power.  
  • I am trying to develop an app and get the following error during debugging:
    Module version mismatch. Expected 46, got 16.

I just upgraded my node version on the Rapberry to V4.4.3 and according to this link https://nodejs.org/en/download/releases/ it corresponds with Module version 46. I am running 0.8.30 on the Homey and Node JS should be upgraded to version 4.4.7. I hope this is a typo and that the version is V4.4.3. But since de debugger is complaining about the wrong version : 14, I guess de Node JS version on (my) Homey is still in the V0.12.xx range since that corresponds with Module version 14.

Something is not OK. @Emile or anybody : am I missing something here?