This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• EvertorN said:
    EvertorN said:
    Hey @EvertorN, could it be possible that things in your favorites list or from add-ons, perhaps from urls (for example, I watch NPO1 via kodi)?
    My guess would be no. As far as I know Kodi cannot remotely control addons (e.g. play a movie on Exodus or watch NPO 1), because addons are basically 'added functionality'. Therefore it will be hard to support actions for addons. I will investigate at some point though, would be cool to support addons . But don't get your hopes up
    Thanks for the response.
    If you are ever curious about investigating, right now I have it working via a HTTP call to Kodi's JSON, something along the lines of:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": {"media":"plugin://plugin.xxxxx"}, "id": 1}

If I'm home and I can check what I exactly have, I will update this post.
    Ah you meant starting addons, I thought controlling addons. Starting addons should be doable :)
    I never thought about controlling addons, that would be awesome indeed.
  • EvertorN said:
    Hm I think it would be possible. Speech recognition of Homey needs to improved before I will actually seriously use this app.. Then we can see if it really is a problem.. I don't really think you'd be really missing out on anything if homey just triggers and listens as expected, but time will tell :) 
    Is it possible to make Homey start Kodi in the movies or TV Show menu. I can' t remember all my 50 movies and TV Shows all the time, so starting in the menu view would be an nice option for me. 
  • Published v1.1. Check the changelog in the OP for the update details. Note that you HAVE to re-add your device after this update, sorry about that. You get a cool feature in return though: all triggers are now based on Kodi rather than Homey. So if you pause your movie (either through Homey, your remote or whatever app), the pause-event is triggered and you can connect your flows to that :).
  • EvertorN said:
    Published v1.1. Check the changelog in the OP for the update details. Note that you HAVE to re-add your device after this update, sorry about that. You get a cool feature in return though: all triggers are now based on Kodi rather than Homey. So if you pause your movie (either through Homey, your remote or whatever app), the pause-event is triggered and you can connect your flows to that :).
    Thanx, does this require additional setup on Kodi side?
  • Yep it does, you'll need to enable remote control by other devices. Just follow the instructions when adding a new Kodi device, that should be clear :)
  • Could you maybe add playing playlists/music by artist on action triggers? I'd love that.

Seriously awesome work for the rest with this app!
  • EvertorN said:
    Published v1.1. Check the changelog in the OP for the update details. Note that you HAVE to re-add your device after this update, sorry about that. You get a cool feature in return though: all triggers are now based on Kodi rather than Homey. So if you pause your movie (either through Homey, your remote or whatever app), the pause-event is triggered and you can connect your flows to that .
    Any code changes recently? I already had 1.1 installed from github, is it useful to 'upgrade'?
  • Fire69 said:
    EvertorN said:
    Published v1.1. Check the changelog in the OP for the update details. Note that you HAVE to re-add your device after this update, sorry about that. You get a cool feature in return though: all triggers are now based on Kodi rather than Homey. So if you pause your movie (either through Homey, your remote or whatever app), the pause-event is triggered and you can connect your flows to that .
    Any code changes recently? I already had 1.1 installed from github, is it useful to 'upgrade'?
    1.1 is 1.1 :). Just published it to the app-store. So nope, if you already have 1.1 you're all good.
  • EdTstEdTst Member

I tried installing it but Homey says something went wrong:

app folder does not exist app.js does not exist app.json does not exist ./assets/ does not exist ./assets/icon.svg does not exist

• EdTst said:

I tried installing it but Homey says something went wrong:

app folder does not exist app.js does not exist app.json does not exist ./assets/ does not exist ./assets/icon.svg does not exist

Same issue here.
  • Yeah I get it too. I think the app has been incompletely imported to the app store. I contacted Emile on Slack about the issue. I will keep you guys posted.
  • I had the same issue, but the app turned out to be installed anyway and working.

@EvertorN ;Question, I have my Homey set to Dutch, and the command 'Pauze' when inputted via the speech input manager does not work and 'Pause' does? I did got another Dutch phrase working (not sure anymore which one) so does it partially work for Dutch?
  • Re submitted the app to the app store under v1.1.1. It was indeed an error during the import to the app store. Try again guys :)
  • Julian said:
    I had the same issue, but the app turned out to be installed anyway and working.

@EvertorN ;Question, I have my Homey set to Dutch, and the command 'Pauze' when inputted via the speech input manager does not work and 'Pause' does? I did got another Dutch phrase working (not sure anymore which one) so does it partially work for Dutch?
    It it fully translated to Dutch, but Homey might not recognize what you said.. Browse to http://{local_homey_ip}/manager/speech-input/ to see what Homey said :). Or create a parrot flow to let homey say whatever it is he heard. 
  • EvertorN said:
    Julian said:
    I had the same issue, but the app turned out to be installed anyway and working.

It it fully translated to Dutch, but Homey might not recognize what you said.. Browse to http://{local_homey_ip}/manager/speech-input/ to see what Homey said :). Or create a parrot flow to let homey say whatever it is he heard. 
    As I said I used the speech input page itself to type in Pauze and Pause to make sure Homey recognized it correctly. 
  • Julian said:
    EvertorN said:
    Julian said:

As I said I used the speech input page itself to type in Pauze and Pause to make sure Homey recognized it correctly. 
    Sorry my bad, missed that part. Ehm that's really weird, because Kodi should trigger on 'Pauze' when set to Dutch.
  • Just did a little test here.  My Homey is set to Dutch.
    When I use 'pauze', the movie stops.  When I use 'pause', nothing happens.

Do you have any other media apps installed?  Maybe something is interfering?
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited April 2016
    Arrrggghhh ... I wanted to re-add my Kodi to make sure it was all in sync with version 1.1.1. I was unable to re-add it and get beyond the setup wizard. I have not made any changes to my Kodi setup so the JSON-RPC should be listening on port 9090 but the request times out. I am able to view some output on http://ip:8080/jsonrpc but I guess that is the webserver. Anyway, I decided to reinstall the app to make sure it wasnt something with the app itself but now I'm unable to install it after removing it (probably due to a bug in Homey where a folder becomes read-only). Even trying it through command line wont work and gives met the error "Cannot read property 'path' of undefined". :angry: 

Anyway, somebody got a clue on how to test if my Kodi is listening on port 9090 for JSON-RPC?
  • If you have an Android phone, install Yatse and add your Kodi there.  It checks if your eventserver is running (on port 9090)
  • Fire69 said:
    If you have an Android phone, install Yatse and add your Kodi there.  It checks if your eventserver is running (on port 9090)
    The EventServer runs on port 9777 and this is working fine. I did have trouble with the auto discovery of my Kodi installation by Yatse but adding it manually worked. Yatse uses the HTTP webserver over port 8080 however and not the JSON-RPC (with default port 9090) as far as I can tell so it's not a good check to see if it's accessable.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited April 2016
    Phuturist said:
    Fire69 said:
    If you have an Android phone, install Yatse and add your Kodi there.  It checks if your eventserver is running (on port 9090)
    The EventServer runs on port 9777 and this is working fine. I did have trouble with the auto discovery of my Kodi installation by Yatse but adding it manually worked. Yatse uses the HTTP webserver over port 8080 however and not the JSON-RPC (with default port 9090) as far as I can tell so it's not a good check to see if it's accessable.
    Sorry, you're right, I was mixing some things up.
    But since the autodiscovery in Yatse wasn't working, and you seem to have the same problem with Homey, it might be a problem with your Kodi and not Homey.

Just tested, when you disable the webserver, Yatse can't find Kodi.
    Same for the Kodi-app, so I guess you have a problem with your Kodi.
    Can you install it on an Android phone to do a quick check it you can add that one?
  • Fire69 said:
    Phuturist said:
    Fire69 said:
    Sorry, you're right, I was mixing some things up.
    But since the autodiscovery in Yatse wasn't working, and you seem to have the same problem with Homey, it might be a problem with your Kodi and not Homey.

Just tested, when you disable the webserver, Yatse can't find Kodi.
    Same for the Kodi-app, so I guess you have a problem with your Kodi.
    Can you install it on an Android phone to do a quick check it you can add that one?
    I do have a username/password set up for the HTTP webserver. Perhaps this prevents auto discovery and also being able to add a Kodi installation through the Homey app?
  • Nope, just added a password to my Kodi, had no problems adding it to Homey.
    In Yatse, it was found and added, but I got a message I need to fill in username/password.
  • I just read that the issue that prevents me from reinstalling the app also prevents you from adding devices. I'll sit it out until that has been resolved before I look into it further. Thanx for thinking along though ... :+1: 
  • Phuturist said:
    I just read that the issue that prevents me from reinstalling the app also prevents you from adding devices. I'll sit it out until that has been resolved before I look into it further. Thanx for thinking along though ... :+1: 
    What issue is that?

The eventserver runs on port 9090 per default. You don't need a username/password anymore as of v1.1. If you know how to code you can try to set up a TCP connection in powershell and see if that works. There are plenty of examples on the web on how to do that :).
  • PS C:\> Test-NetConnection -ComputerName yourkodi -Port 9090

ComputerName           : yourkodi
    RemoteAddress          : 192.168.0.123
    RemotePort             : 9090
    InterfaceAlias         : Ethernet
    SourceAddress          : 192.168.0.234
    PingSucceeded          : True
    PingReplyDetails (RTT) : 0 ms
    TcpTestSucceeded       : True
  • Cool,  I'll have a look some time soon.

That issue that I mentioned was talked about on slack by Jeroen from Athom. A temporary folder becomes read only which prevents the installation of apps.
  • Ok, that worked, thanx for that Martijn .. :smile: 

ComputerName           : Kodi
    RemoteAddress          : 192.168.0.114
    RemotePort             : 9090
    InterfaceAlias         : Wi-Fi
    SourceAddress          : 192.168.0.111
    PingSucceeded          : True
    PingReplyDetails (RTT) : 1 ms
    TcpTestSucceeded       : True

I'll check again when I can actually install the app again.
  • I've just received my homey and the setup worked fine (after i switched from safari to chrome, was to happy that i had forgotten to switch browser). Installed the kaku app and after that tried the kodi app but after the blue led starts running after 30sec i get the error message  " something went wrong, try again". Show detailed information doesn't display any other log info. 

How to solve this? 
  • wingie said:
    I've just received my homey and the setup worked fine (after i switched from safari to chrome, was to happy that i had forgotten to switch browser). Installed the kaku app and after that tried the kodi app but after the blue led starts running after 30sec i get the error message  " something went wrong, try again". Show detailed information doesn't display any other log info. 

How to solve this? 
    It's a bug in the latest firmware. A fix is in the making and will probably be released this week.