This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Why won't an experimental build be rolled back to stable when I reset my homey?

DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
edited April 2016 in Questions & Help

According to this dialog:

When I want to go back to regular updates, so no experimental, I have to reset my homey. Because the update to 0.8.30 broke z-wave for me I decided to reset my homey to change back to the stable track.
After the (full) reset I'm still on experimental version 0.8.30, even though I'm no longer on the experimental track...

I think the text on this dialog is a bit misleading, because to me, being back on the regular track implies I will have a regular build, and not a experimental one.

Comments

• You're right about this. I think you will really have to flash the firmware from an external connection. Would be nice if we could do that (not just the one FW Athom released a while back) but doesn't that give us the opportunity to hack into Athoms FW?

OTOH: Does Z-wave work now after a full reset?
  • No, Z-wave still dead as a pier :(
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    Try pulling the power plug for 30 seconds...
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Because your user settings will be of a newer version, and then things will break.

We'll release an application for PC and Mac eventually that'll completely wipe a Homey and flash the latest stable software.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016

What settings will carry over when I do a full reset I wonder?

Great, when that is available maybe you can add a reference to it in the dialog I mentioned.

• Full Reset only has the wifi-settings afaik...
  • No, had to select my wifi network and fill in the pashphrase all over.