This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Release notes:

0.8.30 experimental

• Upgrade to NodeJS 4.4.7
  • [Z-Wave] Homey now reaches out to unreachable devices.
  • [Z-Wave] Humidity capability now added correctly.
  • Fixed a bug where holding your Homey upside down during an update could brick Homey
  • Fixed a bug where setting your speaker volume would fail
  • Performance improvements
  • Improved Dutch support

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Check out the low load average, even when the CPU is dynamically downclocked to 396 MHz. Credits to @JeroenVollenbrock for the optimizations!
  • Great!!!! can't wait to get my homey.
  • Did this update fix the aggressive removal of variables, making things like Better Logic usable again?
  • Did this update fix the aggressive removal of variables, making things like Better Logic usable again?
    The upgrade to NodeJS 4.4.7 is supposed to fix this. Only one way to really find out ... 
  • Phuturist said:
    Did this update fix the aggressive removal of variables, making things like Better Logic usable again?
    The upgrade to NodeJS 4.4.7 is supposed to fix this. Only one way to really find out ... 
    Get home ASAP :smiley: 
  • aloftaloft Member
    edited April 2016
    - Variables seem more stable
    - Z-wave pairing: some devices pair instantly, one devices (so far) crashes in the interview stage ( where they paired withouth issue in 0.8.29 . Z-wave chip needs to be restarted afterwards. Log ID 1BDD13EE66 @Taco ;
    - CPU load much lower, great! 
  • honeyhoney Member
    Does it work with the 5th Generation Fibaro Multisensors (V3.x)?
  • Seems also that the setting of the LED brightness (via settings or flow) issue (factor 10) has been solved... back on the 0-100% scale (instead of 0-10)
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited April 2016
    After installing, I immediately received an update on the lux from my z-wave multisensor. That didn't happen in 24 hours. So that seems to be an improvement on the z-wave part.

However, still unable to correctly add my FloodSensor.
  • How long does updating take? I was too impatient and started the update remotely 
  • Takes around 15 minutes I believe. Didn't time it though.
  • oke, how to update? Homey doesn't goes automatically into the update mode...
    NooP

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited April 2016
    oke, how to update? Homey doesn't goes automatically into the update mode...
    NooP

Did you enable the experimental updates in Settings?
    If so, what I had to do was to enable the automatic updates, go to another section in Settings, go back to Updates, and uncheck the automatic updates. Then it showed me the available update.
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited April 2016
    KAKU seems broken after this new update???
    I deleted and reionstalled KaKU but no go?
    Any news on this?
    using kaku 1.1.1
    Firrmware 0.8.30
  • Wow, ping times now look really good!

• KAKU seems broken after this new update???
    Any news on this?
    using kaku 1.1.1
    Firrmware 0.8.30
    reboot helped me in this case, for me all of the sudden also KaKu devices were not managed anymore (switch status changed in devices overview, however actual lamp didn´t switch on or off)
    but after reboot of homey all OK again
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    KAKU seems broken after this new update???
    Any news on this?
    using kaku 1.1.1
    Firrmware 0.8.30
    reboot helped me in this case, for me all of the sudden also KaKu devices were not managed anymore (switch status changed in devices overview, however actual lamp didn´t switch on or off)
    but after reboot of homey all OK again
    3 reboots did not fix this :(

• JaxcJaxc Member
    Somfy also seems broken :(
  • edited April 2016
    Kaku indeed needed a reboot and a reinstall of the app, but more worryingly - my new variables just disappeared again. I'll see if a reboot brings them back.

Edit: reinstalled BetterLogic and recreated a couple of flows. Variables haven't disappeared since the reinstall.
  • zwave timeout error after reboot :( 
  • I had to delete my KAKU switch and pair it again. Now it works. But it can trigger 4 times afer one button press :o .
  • The same here. If I add a switch by remote control then it won't work. Also after a reboot 
  • Fire69 said:
    oke, how to update? Homey doesn't goes automatically into the update mode...
    NooP

Did you enable the experimental updates in Settings?
    If so, what I had to do was to was to enable the automatic updates, go to another section in Settings, go back to Updates, and uncheck the automatic updates. Then it showed me the available update.
    that worked...
    updating now
    thnx!

• edited April 2016
    Wow:

loadavg[0.01953125,0.14453125,0.24365234375]
  • Somfy also seems broken :(
    No problems with Somfy here.
  • I suddenly have 2 triggers or 2 of something else in some flows. Wait, got them 3 times. As far as I can see it only happens with flows I created after the update.

• Nope, happens with pre-update ones also
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    I have restored my Homey to fabric settings, and installed all apps again, Somfy working OK again. Kaku also working.
    Cant seem to get logitech installed??
  • Very strange. Removed what I didn't need, it came back at least twice but it stopped now....
  • how long takes the update process? the purple led is still spinning, 8 min now i think  :/